Firstly toh congrats on a lovely choice rahega.
Then again, hold on. Firstly, my deepest condolences at havin booked with the nincompoops they call Dhingra Motors. I'd have thought they treat Safari buyers better. How did they take three weeks to tell you about the color
Have you dropped an email to all the right people in Tata with a loud shout? If there's any chance, they'll help you.
Even otherwise, Dhingra will placate you and throw in more freebies.
PS: Service at Autolinks ONLY. I'm surprised Suman hasn't posted that so far :D
PPS: My choice is red. Definitely not white. Gurgaon number/white safari is not a professional combination!!
Need to unchoice!.. the passion red safari
With everyone pushing me for the red color here on TBHP, i thought it would be fitting to go to the stockyard and check out the color, and guess what , i am smitten. I just love the color.
The glitch, my wife doesnt like it.
She thinks its a little too red. Since the car was my choice, least i could do is to get the color of her choice. But i like the red so much that i think i'll disappoint her a little bit or a lot.. dont know...only time will tell!
What do u think guys? is it worth the hassle?
What would you have done had u been in my place. Just look at the pictures. Isnt she (sorry, i always relete to vehicles like that) looking awesome in that color?
Even cycus grey has been refused. I spoke to a TATA motors officer for confirmation and hez confirmed pearl white and silver ready for delivery and red , black, white and gold within a month, all ofcourse for 4x4.
the way i see it, there are only a few on the road, so its surely a statement! Its not as intellectual as mountain green or cycus grey.. but big deal! isnt is supposed to be a 'fun' SUV? cant tell this to my wife though! She thinks.. in her own words"gadi ki wo feel nahi aa rahi.. does nt luk like car of sm intellectual
fond of travelling in hard landscpe
luks like shalimar bagh ke mr. arora ki gadi hai
ya pitampura ke Mr. mittal"
My apologies to all Arora's and Mittals out there! But i guess now u guys know what i mean.
need suggestions.....and quick!
If you are planning to do offroading where chipping from stones, bushes etc., is possible take Silver, Gold or Pearl white.
Other colors will show up scratches much more than the three "dull" colors
I suggest that for color choice you go with what you and your wife decide on. One's favorite color may be others most disliked color! So no point asking "which color looks good" unless you are asking from a maintenance point of view.
Its a strictly personal choice.
For example a certain gentleman likes his CRV in shocking Pink. So to each his own! :D
I personally do not like the Safari in red. But then that is just me. Car colours are a highly individual choice and I respect that. However do keep in mind that this colour would probably show scratches very easily and hence would be high on maintenance if you find the scratches difficult to ignore.
On the other hand - are you sure you want to buy a colour your better half specifically doesnt like? You will probably live with this vehicle for only 5-7 years (or even less)!! and I find that any colour I own tends to grow on me stupid:. Go with a colour you both love - domestic peace is worth the small price. Sorry if you feel that was too personal.
Any updates? Did you book the vehicle? Took Delivery?
After reading the HOLYGHOST episode, I feel that ABS is must for a vehicle like Safari. So, opt for VX version & you might get your colour too. If you can go through adc's thread on his recent travel, a 4x4 can be put aside.
Afterall, your lalpari also had 2WD during Ladakh trip.
My exclusive passion red 4x4 vtt dicor on its way!
The Beast is on its way
Finally got a call from the dealer. My Passion red 4x4 (a rarity) has left pune for Gurgaon on sunday evening. Its a 4-8 day trip to gurgaon. last i was this excited was a few days before i was married!
My concerns about the safari
1. Since i'm 6'-4" tall my head bangs the AC vent.
2. General Fit and finish on the inside. Is there an autographix vinyl panel available for the safari for the dashboard console. Had one in my indica.
3. OHRVM view blocked by the spare wheel. I'd need a camera and a sensor. What's the best place to buy if from in delhi/Gurgaon? best price?
4. Dont like the wheel cover on the spare wheel .The 3.0 one was much better. I hope the dealer lets me swap. Though it'll create a visual identity crisis. or should i just take it off. Is the central cap of the rim there in the spare wheel? cause it'll look naked without it if i decide to remove the cover.
5. I dont think i'll go for a front bullguard, but a rear one should be a good idea. Any suggestions about where to get one and the price?
6. I hate the plastic chilkas on the seats of the new car. People tend to keep them on until they buy the seat covers. I cant bear them even for a second. They'll be off right at the dealers. Seat covers would be an immediate requirement. Need suggestions.
7. What would be a good ( cheap, i pushed my 5 lakh budget to a 10 lakh, so i'm scraping the bottom now) place to go to in Delhi/Gurgaon for accessories?
8. Since I dont really need sunfilm in winters, should i avoid then for the moment? Will the results of fixing films be poorer if i install in summers?
9. I'm looking for a ICE, GPS navigation, Mobile bluetooth, DVD play all on a single screen mounted on the dash. Is it possible? Dont want a clutter of electronics at a later stage, but i'll surely will install everything when i have the finances for it. Please suggest.
10. How long (Kms) should i wait before i head to the mountains for a taste of the 4x4. I'd be itching for it from day 1 i'm sure, but the run in would require my being soft on reving up the engine beyond 2K rpm?
11. What fuel combination should i go for?
12. gearlock? recommended? havent seen one on a safari as yet.
13. And last but not the least, Any place around gurgaon i can take the beast for a little offroading and a photoshoot? Dont want to streach the engine initially though. So some place mild.
I'm becaar (without a car) as i sold off my laal pari (got emotional when the chap took it away) to raise money for the downpayment. Feeling really miserable about it. I sure hope he takes good care of her. She was a sweetheart and i'm nearly heartbroken.
Any and all suggestions are welcome regarding the buy and post buy upgrades.
Congratulations Abhiknov. For most of your requirements (Camera, Seat Covers, Bull Guard, Sunfilms), get in touch with Tanveer he got them done in Delhi and will be your best bet.
For the all-in-one ICE solution, I think it will be difficult as the Safari's stock HU location is a little inconvenient for normal usage and if you integrate your GPS, DVD and BT to it, it will be an overkill. However, I am no expert, so wait for others to reply.
Best of luck and keep us updated.
Congrats on the approaching D Day. I can just imagine what you must be feeling right now.
My answers in bold below:
Get ready to start making your own road!!
see the old Tata Safari 4x4 adcheers:, my favorite
YouTube - TATA SAFARI
congrats for the new safari, color looks good too. I have a similar color on my Tavera (I think it came only in that color initially)
Congratulations for new safari , My answers to 3 of your questions
#3 go for camera with 4 reverse sensors they are highly recommended.
For Camra + sensors are available with out the mirror-LCD combo as well so do not spend money on LCD
if you have plan for #9 as you say.
#9 Your requiremnt says actually need a car computer,Do not be in hurry to put ICE and do some search here on iRide.
I have invested in ICE so can not junk it in favor of Car computer nor want to spend moolah to for adding it after ICE.
#11 Normal Diesel with System D if you drive witn in City , Read more on the Safari VTT 2.2 thread.
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:23.|