Team-BHP - Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Safari EX 4x4, RED!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/47386-safari-ex-4x4-red-3.html)

Buy a camera with distance sensor. It costs 800rs more than regular camera(1850rs).
Screen(touchscreen without bluetooth) which fits on RVM is around 4000rs.

Mods: Please rename the thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1095427)
Buy a camera with distance sensor. It costs 800rs more than regular camera(1850rs).
Screen(touchscreen without bluetooth) which fits on RVM is around 4000rs.

Please explain this a little more. The camera itself senses the distance? So that means i don't need separate sensors. Where would i find it at this price in delhi/ gurgaon. Plan to take the beast straight to the accessory shop.

Please help me change the name of the thread. Need to change the mountain green to passion red. Couldn't find a way to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1014453)
Wow history repeats itself.
After taking my "Blackie" to nooks and cranies of the himalayas, I also decided to go for the EX 4x4!
Welcome to the club, looking forward to your initial ownership review

Me too! I'm oh so looking forward to it too! Do tell me about a one stop shop for all my accessory needs. I'd just have one day to get everything done before i get back to my tight schedule.

Karol bagh is the cheapest and the best for stuff like reverse sensor etc., You get chinese stuff, but its okay if you are on a budget. There is no warranty, but usually in case of a fault, these guys fix it for free
I went to a very small shop called music world. You can give him my reference(white safari who got fogs on bullbar and reverse camera system)

I did not get the distance chart camera, because the normal camera does its job well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhiknov (Post 1095893)
Please explain this a little more. The camera itself senses the distance? So that means i don't need separate sensors. Where would i find it at this price in delhi/ gurgaon. Plan to take the beast straight to the accessory shop.

Abhi , Camera with built in sensor is useful if you are parking against a wall , but while reversing Safari its the corner of the rear end which have more probability to bump in to some thing so Camera + 4 sensors is best choice,
belive me it does not clutter the huge bumpor and best investment you can do in terms of acessory.

In Bangalore set of 4 sensors cost about 4K Delhi is always much cheaper for car accessories, Camera cost depends on the quality and night vision capability.

RedSoul brand Camera + Sensors + 7 Inch LCD built in to the mirror in Bangalore costs around 14K and with Bluetooth capability costs around 15 K. Delhi will be 2/3 K cheaper I guess.

It is always good to have rear camera LCD built in to the RVM otherwise you need to look at the RVM and on dash LCD alternatively / together while reversing whcih is not safe

I use camera only(no sensor in camera too). Combined with side mirrors, and rear view camera, reversing is very easy.
Downside is that in daylight, its difficult to see the screen, since the screen itself is a RVM.
More expensive screens may do better.
I got camera + screen for 4100 INR

congratulations my friend.

i admire the guts - what with going against the 'home ministry' which most times also handles the 'finance ministry' when all that you are handling is an independent charge of the 'arts, crafts and entertainment ministry' lol:

jokes apart - i really like the red on your safari - i did try and gently guide my better half to that colour when it was our turn to join the safari bandwagon. suffice to say, although it didn't quite come to, 'that car colour or me' type of discussions - it was a fairly non questionable and polite, "No"

enjoy the ride and stay sane - it keeps you safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet (Post 1096589)
congratulations my friend.

i admire the guts - what with going against the 'home ministry' which most times also handles the 'finance ministry' when all that you are handling is an independent charge of the 'arts, crafts and entertainment ministry' lol:

hehe, thanks,i agree: .I feel great about my convicing powers. In our case i guess we run parallel ministries, so the passion red became a reality. I adore the color.:)
Where do get to see the pictures of ur beast?

Got a call from Dhingra Motors in the morning today that my Beast will reach Gurgaon today, and as the discount offer is ending today, i should get the billing done to avail the offers and discounts. So reluctantly i went there and paid up. Incidentally the owner was there, so i met up with him, threw a couple of big names and he game a lil more discount. For my 2.2 VTT 4x4, the deal settled at:
List price: 9,75,215
Insurance: 27,702
Temp Number: 650
Extended Warranty: 6,500
Sub Total: 10,23,567
Dealer Discount: 34,000
Final to pay: 9,89, 567 rounded off to 9, 89,000

Dont know if this is good or bad, but this is what i ended up with. Its now paid for so lets discuss this only if everyone feels i got a good deal, otherwise lets let it be.

They'll add the wheel cap for the spare wheel as i plan to keep the spare wheel cover off. I somehow dont like it much.

Another little story, the Color 'passion Red' has now changed to ' mineral red'. From what i could judge, the safari i saw when i decided the color was mineral red only so i guess i'm getting what i selected, Hopefully! But i'm unhappy about this color changing and discontinuation business. I think the passion red was much more darker than this one. This is more like my laal pari's color.No one at the dealership knows when and what TATA does about the colours.

I'm reeeally reeally exited. I just hope that it'll be a troublefree scratchless piece as its made to order and i've already paid for it. While i was there at the dealership, i managed to convince one gentleman there selecting a 4x2 safari to go for a 4x4 instead. Feeling really good about it.

I read about the cardboard pieces left around the engine area in one of out TBHP member's safari. Exactly where do i look to ensure mine is clean?

Still need to know the following things, and urgently:
1. Can i avoid film on the windows for now as its winters, or would that lead to micro scratches making an installation later not as fine as compared to getting it done now?
2. What fuel to go with for the initial run in period?
3. Whats the ideal/proposed maximum RPM speed for the first 1500 kms? Can i let the beast loose after 1500kms or do i need to wait a little more for that?
4. Even though i've driven scorpios and taveras of friends on our lil weekend trips to the hills, i'd still like to know the basic tips for good driving for a safari.
5. Also please suggest me a thread that gives me a detiled insight on when/ how/ how much to use the four wheel drive. The precautions and the fun part. I have absolutely no idea. Looking for something like a '4x4 for dummies'. Though i've conquered the extremes of the himalayas a number of times in my laal pari (indica) barely managing to wriggle out of difficult situations, but how to use the 4x4 capability to do the same like its piece of cake, is what i want to learn.

Please fill me in. Looking forward to tomorrow. I dont think i'd be able to sleep tonight.:)
Wish me luck people! And mods, please change my Thread name from mountain green to the new "mineral red".

God Bless

I can feel your excitement by just reading the thread. Are you able to sleep properly with all this excitement!!!

Waiting for your "first day" with the Safari. clap:

Noise of the pigeons on my balcony woke me up today on a lazy Sunday. Woke up thrice in the night to check the time, everytime wishing its 9 in the morning and time to get ready to pick up the beast.
The chill wasnt as pronounced as it usually is at this hour in the morning, but what i saw from my large balcony window was a real dampner. Its dull, and gloomy and foggy.
I had recharged my DSLR's battery last night, but i guess it wont be needed now. My dream of seeing my new beast shining amidst the other lowly animals from a distance, the aniticipation and anxiety is all gone. Its more like i'll bump into something big and red in this fog and they'll tell me 'sir this red metallic patch you see that extends on the left and right behind the fog is your Safari.'
I guess thats how it'll be. I'll still carry my camera along. Lets see, I hope this is the only thing that goes wrong today.
Will try and post in the evening. Hope you can see more than a hazy red blob in my photo uploads in the evening.
Wish me luck.

Best of luck Abhiknov, Just don't forget the checklist and PDI!!
Hope to see your beast soon!!

nice choice sir..
best of luck for the great reclaiming of your life ahead.
and yeah, me too trying hard to convince my bro to extend his 5 lac budget to 10 lacs n buy a safari 4X4...