Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:36   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

you surely hate scorpios.
so many comparisons mean you either hate it to the core or just trying to prove its a damn bad car!

anyways, lovely colour choice buddy. its one of the best and rarest i have seen in safaris. i am sure you will do justice to the 4x4.

its raining safaris on T-BHP...
To each his own. He is free on a free forum such as ours, to say whatever he wants to as long as it does not break the rules of this community.

About the color, yes this is the first time I have seen this shade of red on the Safari. It does resemble the Sunlight Copper color of the Swift and the SX4.
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:52   #77
Team-BHP Support

On the safari website, there is a copper gold safari displayed somewhere. Thats the color I always wanted, unfortunately, its still not released!
This one looks close, if its not camera issue, but more gold/orange would have made it stand out more.
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:44   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
To each his own. He is free on a free forum such as ours, to say whatever he wants to as long as it does not break the rules of this community.
hey hey hey! i have never challenged his opinion buddy!
he is definitely 'free', where am i objecting?
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:23   #79
BHPian

Thanks guys for all the adulation.
It was really unfortunate that I took the delivery drove it to my place, squeezed it in the parking slot and left for salem ( tamil nadu) next day morning.
Already had a site visit fixed up that I couldn't avoid. Right now I'm in a train doing an overnight from salem to chennai from where I'll fly back to delhi. Posting from my blackberry. Hope the post goes through.
I'm dying to get behind the wheel of the red beauty.
The color is simply awesome. I'll surely click more pictures as soon as I get a chance.
Day before, when I was standing inside the temple, waiting for the panditji to come and do his thing to the car, I could see it standing outside the gate of the temple.
My wife told me that she'd love to see that expression in my eyes for her as I had for the safari. Trust me, even if aishwarya had walked past in a bikini I still wouldn't have taken my eyes off the red beauty.
I adore it. Can't wait to get back. Will reply to everyone then. After all it was this forum that led me to finally buy the safari. Thanks so much everyone for contributing in my brilliant decision.
God bless.
Old 24th December 2008, 02:32   #80
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiknov View Post
My wife told me that she'd love to see that expression in my eyes for her as I had for the safari. Trust me, even if aishwarya had walked past in a bikini I still wouldn't have taken my eyes off the red beauty.
Brilliant colour Just make sure your better half or Sallu or Viveik or Abhishek can't get their eyes scan this post
Old 24th December 2008, 07:27   #81
BHPian

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Lovely color. Congrats!
Thanks JKD, Its a dream come true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Badhai Ho Abhinav!
Keep posting the pictures of your BIG RED MACHINE!
Cheers!!!
I surely will post pics as soon as i can get my new Laal Pari and my DSLR together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Man O Man!!!
Honestly, that color is to die for!
Thats one handsome beast, congrats abhi.
Thanks Dry Ice. I guess i was lucky. I had gone to the Yard of Dhingra motors to check out the colors of the other safaris as i was told mountain green got discontinued. Wasnt really looking for this color, but at the yard this new color had just arrived. And the cycus greys and light golds were all pale in comparison. This one shown through like sun among stars. I guess the one i saw was one of the first mineral reds around. I'm being very selfish, but it would be so nice if TATA decides to discontinue this color. I'd then have one exclusive color. That would be streaching my luck too far i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Many Congrats Your Safari looks too good. Start Reclaiming
Thanks Unni.AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
hey abhi,

these are some of the pics up on the site and some on my ownership thread, 'the black beauty cometh'.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...please-12.html

the pics are on page 12. congrats again btw!
Thanks for keeping the promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
okay...

congratulations, that is officially one of the sexiest safari's i've laid eyes on in a long time!!!
drive sane and stay safe dude...
I totally agree. Its sexy as hell, or rather heaven!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Congratulations!
The beast looks killer in red..

Enjoy your ride and drive safe..
Thanks L2d. I'll be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Congratulations, Abhi. The paint work looks extremely good.
yaa, TATA surely has improved it from the outside. I hope they also think of the inside soon. Cause its just too tacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I am drooling man. Congratulations.
Will post more pics Sumit. I'll give u lots to drool at dont worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
hey abhi,

Congrats on the new ride!!! And that beast looks awesome in the colour mate!!
Happy Motoring!!!

Thanks Ram.
Old 24th December 2008, 07:43   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Congratulations. Make full use of that 2H-4H-4L switch
I'm dying to! I guess i'll take it directly into a few inches of snow.

Quote:

you surely hate scorpios.
so many comparisons mean you either hate it to the core or just trying to prove its a damn bad car!

anyways, lovely colour choice buddy. its one of the best and rarest i have seen in safaris. i am sure you will do justice to the 4x4.

its raining safaris on T-BHP...
No No Raj. I dont hate the Scorpio. Just feel that it doenst compare with the safari, especially for someone as tall as me. Its too cramped and with the AC vent louvers to its max upward position the cool air just manages to cool up my neck. (i'm 6'-4")
Also, I guess the engineers at safari did not test the Mhawk in low oxygen. Either it was a faulty piece, but a brand new scorpio just couldn't keep up in power close to chang la in ladakh it was belching black smoke like hell and sounded like a turbine. But its a lovely piece of equipment nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congrtaz i like this color on the truck, good choice!
Thanks Jaggu Ji

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Congrats !!! Mineral Red looks Great.
Kiren
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Abhiknov, congrats, looks real good

Well, the 4x4s would have arrived in a batch. And that's the Dhingra showroom so I'm not surprised.....
Thanks Suman Sir. I'm right now in the airport lounge in chennai waiting for my flight back to delhi. I'll be back in gurgaon today. Need your advice about ICE, accessories, sunfilm etc. Will get in touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Wow! Thats a nice colour! Looks a lot better than the earlier 'Passion Red' - this is much deeper and looks a lot better on a large SUV.

Congratulations and happy mile munching & mud slinging!
Thanks Steeroid. really looking forward to a lot of good time in the Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Congrats abhi .. nice color choice, even mine is the same as yours Happy motoring !
Thanks Color brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithesh View Post
Congrats abhi on your new bull. The color looks stunning !!
Can u please post some more pics please, specially the interiors.

cheers.
Surely ,very soon. Check this space in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Firstly Congrats on getting yourself a 4x4. That one feature is most desirable in a Safari.
The red seems to have evolved too. It now has more of a burnt orange hue in the red. Looks strikingly different. Will make heads turn for sure.
Happy mile munching off the road.
thanks JSM. Do suggest me a thread that explains the 4x4 in detail. Dont want to do a 'hit and trial' with the four wheel drive.
Old 24th December 2008, 07:54   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I cant help noticing that somebody took delivery of Pearl white 4x4 the same day. Thats a record two 4x4 by same dealer in one day
Ya, this gentle man from south india had come with his family to take delivery of the pearl white. Wanted to speak to him, but both of were too engrossed in our own beasts that never got the time. he zoomed off really quickly, while i did my detailed PDI. The Dingra guys dont really tell u much unless u force them to. The chap couldnt even locate the embossed engine number. The hole under the rear number plate is missing. I rememeber seeing the hole in 4x2s capped with the rubber plug. (see image)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Congrats man!!!
Amazing car and amazing color.
This color is more or less like Metallic Sunlight Copper in Swift.
I loved that color.

I personally have never seen red safari on road. After seeing the pics, i am dying to see one on road. Its a killer color. Its exclusive.
I'll pass chandigarh on my way to sangla valley. Be on the lookout. U just might spot the awesome red safari on the streets afterall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avin View Post
nice color abhi. and nice images too.
congrats.
Thanks Avin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Wow, excellent color. GIVE ME RED!!!!!

Have fun and safe driving. One more in the making of "Make your own roads"
Thanks MJ. I'll do full justice

I'm not sure if family pictures are allowed on TBHP. My apologies if i broke any rules.
But couldnt help posting the family picture with the new family member.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-p1050608-large.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-one-custom.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th December 2008 at 10:33. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 24th December 2008, 10:54   #84
BHPian

Abhi an OT question. Can you upload images using a blackberry?

BTW, you beast is really basking in the sunshine in all her glory.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:00   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiknov View Post
No No Raj. I dont hate the Scorpio. Just feel that it doenst compare with the safari, especially for someone as tall as me. Its too cramped and with the AC vent louvers to its max upward position the cool air just manages to cool up my neck. (i'm 6'-4")
Also, I guess the engineers at safari did not test the Mhawk in low oxygen. Either it was a faulty piece, but a brand new scorpio just couldn't keep up in power close to chang la in ladakh it was belching black smoke like hell and sounded like a turbine. But its a lovely piece of equipment nevertheless.
not an issue bro, to each his own.
maybe you are right, the mHAWK must be a pain at high altitudes, i have never taken mine to ladakh. but in that case, i would be pleasantly suprised as the older CRDe is absolutely fine at such altitudes. not a personal experience, but Mr. anup mathur can confirm this.

waiting to see pictures and hear experiences about your red safari in the beauty of the hills.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:18   #86
Senior - BHPian

Lovely color and wonderful pictures Congratulations once more

[quote]
Final to pay: 9,89, 567 rounded off to 9, 89,000
[\quote]

And price point at which you got 4x4 EX is even better , In Bangalore if you buy an LX and put alloys and ICE you would touch similar figure .

About the reverse camera one more unsolicited piece of advice , Fit it on the bumper just above the default location given on the removable lid.
Advantages : 1. Gives better view 2. Not easily removable for pranksters by just pulling it out and also not prone to falling off if the hatch is loose.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the killer red Safari 4x4, enjoy!!
Old 24th December 2008, 11:24   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
not an issue bro, to each his own.
maybe you are right, the mHAWK must be a pain at high altitudes, i have never taken mine to ladakh. but in that case, i would be pleasantly suprised as the older CRDe is absolutely fine at such altitudes. not a personal experience, but Mr. anup mathur can confirm this.

waiting to see pictures and hear experiences about your red safari in the beauty of the hills.
Guys lets not go offtopic here.
That said Raj you need not worry. Your mHawk and most other mHawks will not face any issues at high altitude if you take one simple precaution
"Air filter should be clean"
Many people venture out to this terrain without ensuring their air filter is 100% clean.
As you cross manali and other hostile sections, its very very dusty, and air filter starts getting clogged.
End result is an anaemic vehicle.
IIRC, a safari 2.2 faced power loss on Ladakh trip, and air filter cleaning fixed the problem immediately.
So before you venture out to a trip in any dusty place make sure the air filter is freshly cleaned.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:29   #89
Team-BHP Support

Thats a lovely color on your Safari. It really suits it a lot.

Lets hope you do utilize the 4x4 option, rather than just going about with the stickering proclaiming it.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:59   #90
Senior - BHPian

thanks JSM. Do suggest me a thread that explains the 4x4 in detail. Dont want to do a 'hit and trial' with the four wheel drive.[/quote]

Honestly, I cannot suggest a thread. I leave that to the other 'gurus' on the forum. I follow simple rule of left thumb on the Safari. So i can suggest a few guidelines:
Although the Safari 4x2 is quite capable of tackling many challenging situations;
Engage 4x4 when off the road and the terrain looks slippery, sticky, slushy/swampy, too rocky. The above situations or a combination of the above can cause a vehicle to get stuck and also cause loss of traction. So use 4wd.
As a rule I do not engage 4wd when on tarmac unless 2wd wont do it(never had such a situation).
Select 4H when the terrain requires 4wd and the surface allows driving at reasonable speed, i.e, sand. Can be done while on the move-read owners manual.
Select 4L when you need high torque to launch off standstill. i.e, moving off in sand, starting a tough ascent with/without slippery/rocky conditions,etc.

One last piece of advice: Your 4x4 can take you places which you might think are NOT doable. I have personally experienced this. As you push yourself to explore the potential of your vehicle you will realize this.
Meanwhile, enjoy the other things that a safari can do better than most other cars, everyday, anywhere. You will also get used to small niggles that may crop up in the initial months of ownership after which you will both settle down.
TML is very concerned about its customer ratings for the dealers. So if you have a problem/deficiency in service at the TASS, do not hesitate to give negative points when you get a call from TML. They will ensure that the dealer fixes the problem.
I get 9.5kpl with my throttle happy driving and full time ac. Its a reasonable figure. With a lighter foot ive got 11kpl if you drive within 2000-2500rpm on all gears.
Good luck & Happy mile munching.
cheers:

Most Viewed