Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 07:44   #1
BHPian

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!

Hi everyone,
After a lot of deliberation, making a few people unhappy about my choice, i went ahead and booked my Beast!

Been driving my Laal Pari (indica v2) for five years, took her to the extreme heights of Ladakh, over snow and in rarefied atmosphere, lunar terrains of spiti valley, drifts on gravel laden parking lots.. it was time i moved on!I promised her the last frontier, Khardungla, world's heighest motorable road, which she climbed with a nonchalant ease, leaving behing huffing and puffing scorpios, stranded innovas, shez come a full circle....
Now,she's been living an extended life with me...simply because i couldn't muster enough finances to get my new set of wheels...well finally managed it!
The intellectual looking mountain green color and all the beastly looks, the Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4 was the final choice.
4x4 wasn't my initial option, but them later i thought, what the hell!... whats an SUV without the ability to plough its way out of difficult situations, and its not everyday that u buy an SUV. This will be my first and last.. so let me not let my brain cloud my heart..and took the decision.. 4x4 it will be...

With loads of excitement i went to Dhingra motors! One of my clients (i'm an architect) is a very good friend of the owners, so i was assured of the best discounts possible. And when i finally inquired, they dropped the bomb! " Mountain green...and 4X4.. atleast 4 weeks for delivery!"....4 weeks!!!!!... After half an hour of calling all TATA dealers within a 100km radius, and receiving the same answer from everyone of them... i paid up the booking amount....
I'm on the second day of my 4 week wait... never realized time moves so slowly!

Anyway, Looking forward to lots of advice and help from fellow tbhpians. Will keep posting my apprehensions... here's a nostalgic look at my laal pari for starters....
Attached Thumbnails
Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-n512276481_825570_5587.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-n512276481_825582_9691.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-n512276481_825586_1015.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-n512276481_825591_2819.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-n512276481_825596_4760.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-n512276481_825618_3034.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-n512276481_825624_5322.jpg  

Old 14th October 2008, 09:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Mountain Green is a very nice color.

Hearing about your exploits with your Laal Pari & seeing the snaps, I'm pretty much convinced that you'll do justice to the 4x4. Good decision, now get ready to make your own road!
Old 14th October 2008, 11:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !

Congrats, Abhiknov !

Looks like you had a good time with your Laal Pari : absolutely liked the sixth pic (monastery in the rear-view mirror)

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 14th October 2008 at 11:46.
Old 14th October 2008, 12:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I always thought the Indicas were built tough, but this is something else! I'm surely you'll not only totally love the Safari, but truly make your own road(s) as well - congrats!
Old 14th October 2008, 12:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congrats, Mountain Green is a very nice color.

Hearing about your exploits with your Laal Pari & seeing the snaps, I'm pretty much convinced that you'll do justice to the 4x4. Good decision, now get ready to make your own road!
Thanks Suman! really looking forward to it. Passing these 4 weeks would be tough though! I guess i'll try and gather as much information about the beast over these 4 weeks as possible so that when i take the wheel... i'm already a pro.
Also, do help me on the name... if my indica is laal pari..what should the safari be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Congrats, Abhiknov !

Looks like you had a good time with your Laal Pari : absolutely liked the sixth pic (monastery in the rear-view mirror)

Thanks Blue thunder!,
well if u liked those..u'll surely like these... might of the indica!.. its no less than a 4x4. one just needs to know how to drive it.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-13750005.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-13690017.0.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-dsc05869.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-dsc05639.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-dsc05504.0.jpg  

Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-dsc05390.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th November 2008 at 16:36. Reason: see note in post
Old 14th October 2008, 12:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Wow, I always thought the Indicas were built tough, but this is something else! I'm surely you'll not only totally love the Safari, but truly make your own road(s) as well - congrats!
You are so right!.. indica is the toughest. Everyone told me that there is no way indica can climb the roads of ladakh. But i had the confidence in myself..and more importantly in my laal pari.
The best was, on the way to tanglang la from the leh side, i overtook a choc. brown scorpio Mhawk. The thing was groaning and belching out some serious black smoke as it tried to crawl its way up. Take the onygen out of the air and the scorpio chokes!.
On top, being the mean me, waited for the poor chap as i had some seriously sugar laden tea offered by the BRO jawans there. The guy came after hald an hour. He came and shook my hand, slid his hand on my laal pari from front to back like it was shipa shetty's midriff. Man.. i was so proud of my lil laal pari!
I just hope the new safari gives me as much pleasure, if not more! and do help me with the name of the new one!

becoming a lil too much about my laal pari..... just one last pic more i just found!
Attached Thumbnails
Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-dsc05564.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th November 2008 at 16:28.
Old 14th October 2008, 13:10   #7
Team-BHP Support

Wow history repeats itself.
After taking my "Blackie" to nooks and cranies of the himalayas, I also decided to go for the EX 4x4!
Welcome to the club, looking forward to your initial ownership review
Old 2nd November 2008, 08:57   #8
BHPian

Mountain green color discontinued!!!!

Hi guys,
Things are just not working out with my safari buy. After waiting for two and a half weeks i got a very apologetic sounding call from the GM of Dhingra Motors Gurgaon that hez just been informed from the TATA plat that the color mountain green has been discontinued, and since all 4x4s are made on order there is no way i could get a 4x4 in that color.

I had imagined and finalised so much in my mind that it took me 2-3 days to reconcite to the fact that i need to tell them about a new color. Then i thought that since its being discontinued. having one would make it really exclusive. Called up again and found out that there are 3 mountain green 4x2 in the plant, the last of that color. Nearly fell for it. Good advice from couple of friends forced me out of it.

Help me out TBhpians.
Apart from mountain green i liked 3 other colors:
1. Cycus grey.Similar to mountain green, but pictures on TBHP are all misleading some look blue some green some dull grey so really donr know.a few decent realistic pics might help. Should i go fr it? does someone have some images?
2. Pearl white: Every second guy is buying the pearl white safari.so i dont want
3. Light Gold: The color as such is really nice, would look great on a honda city or a skoda, but just doesnt go with the SUV image.

God! i'm so confused.
and the worst is. it'll be a month of time for delivery after i decide the color now.becuase of the thing about 4x4.I visited 3 showrooms. no where i could actually get to see the above 3 colors together at the same time to take a call.
Pictures anyone??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th November 2008 at 16:38. Reason: see note in post
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Cyrus Grey is a very very nice colour. Go for it!!
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:18   #10
BHPian

In my opinion, you should contact the dealers in NCR and inquire if anyone has got a ready 4x4 EX in stock. Since you are already going in for a new color, it will be a good idea to check if an unit is avail ex-stock. Anyways, things like this keep happening. Don't loose heart.
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Following threads might be of some help

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...re-please.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-grey-lx.html

Last edited by hondadude : 2nd November 2008 at 12:22.
Old 2nd November 2008, 13:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiknov View Post
Hi guys,
Things are just not working out with my safari buy. After waiting for two and a half weeks i got a very apologetic sounding call from the GM of Dhingra Motors Gurgaon that hez just been informed from the TATA plat that the color mountain green has been discontinued, and since all 4x4s are made on order there is no way i could get a 4x4 in that color.

I had imagined and finalised so much in my mind that it took me 2-3 days to reconcite to the fact that i need to tell them about a new color. Then i thought that since its being discontinued.. having one would make it really exclusive. Called up again and found out that there are 3 mountain green 4x2 in the plant, the last of that color. Nearly fell for it. Good advice from couple of friends forced me out of it.

Help me out TBhpians...
Apart from mountain green i liked 3 other colors:
1. Cycus grey..Similar to mountain green, but pictures on TBHP are all misleading some look blue some green some dull grey so really donr know..a few decent realistic pics might help. Should i go fr it? does someone have some images?
2. Pearl white: Every second guy is buying the pearl white safari...so i dont want
3. Light Gold: The color as such is really nice, would look great on a honda city or a skoda, but just doesnt go with the SUV image.

God! i'm so confused..
and the worst is.... it'll be a month of time for delivery after i decide the color now..becuase of the thing about 4x4....I visited 3 showrooms.. no where i could actually get to see the above 3 colors together at the same time to take a call...
Pictures anyone??
Why not this Its a 4x4.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari EX 4x4, RED!!!-01112008_resize.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th November 2008 at 16:38. Reason: The quoted post has been edited
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:27   #13
Team-BHP Support

Buy red, really exclusive, and very few Red Safari's in NCR. Just one on this forum I think
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:43   #14
BHPian

GO for the red one abhiknov i am sure you will not regret it.
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:46   #15
BHPian

Yes go for the red one. You will be able to still call her Laal Pari and in that sense, you won't miss your Indica ;-)

Most Viewed