Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 23:06   #1

Booked my Safari 2.2 EX and waiting!!

Hi to all
I am a new member of Team BHP. Joined today. all this while I have been reading the many intresting posts that have been posted by so many enthusiasts. Mainly reading the ones related to Tata Safari 2.2.
At the risk of repeating myself - I also must say that my decision to buy a Safari has been majorly influenced by this site.
So here is my story- I have booked my Safari about 2 weeks ago. I chose Cycus grey for myself. Now I have been waiting for the hulk to come through and make my day (and months and years!).
This is my first upgrade - from a Zen to Safari.

It is expected in less than a week.
will keep all of you posted once the Hulk arrives!

see you till then.
Old 16th October 2008, 00:16   #2
BHPian

Great going Gyani-ji. Keep us posted. I am sure you will have tons of fun with your Hulk.
Old 16th October 2008, 09:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gyani! Hope you get the Hulk, in hand, soon. Do keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyani View Post
...At the risk of repeating myself - I also must say that my decision to buy a Safari has been majorly influenced by this site...
We are sure to hear these same line again and again!
Old 16th October 2008, 13:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Gyani! Hope you get the Hulk, in hand, soon. Do keep us updated.

We are sure to hear these same line again and again!
really there is so much information available that i just cant get over reading about the experiences of the proud safari owners. Now I am aware beforehand, of the possible shortcoming of the vehicle i am about to get my hands on.
I am also going to implement the PDI Checklist available on the site when I go to take delivery.

any one of you have any feedback on the JP Motors in Solan. I am based in Shimla these days and am getting the Safari from Solan which is the nearest Dealer. I have already had my initial scrap with the dealer and salesman. the day my safari was supposed to come to dealer, they informed me that my safari has started from Pune!
so then starts wait for another 8-10 days. But yes i do remember that oen has to be nice to the salesman and dealer (mentioned in the PDI Checklist!) so I plan to be very nice but firm when the D day comes.

Wish me luck with the endless waiting!

regards to all.
Old 16th October 2008, 20:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to team-bhp

Is it a 4X4?
Old 17th October 2008, 09:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats and welcome to team-bhp

Is it a 4X4?
No Akshay.I was advised against it. It is a 4x2. I am not a serious off roader
Old 17th October 2008, 10:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrtulations, If they delay further/ you are not happy, cancel and make the booking at Chandigarh. I think you would have got faster delivery from Chandigarh.

Similarly service will be better in CHD due to many Safari's running there than Solan.

Quote:
any one of you have any feedback on the JP Motors in Solan. I am based in Shimla these days and am getting the Safari from Solan which is the nearest Dealer. I have already had my initial scrap with the dealer and salesman. the day my safari was supposed to come to dealer, they informed me that my safari has started from Pune!
so then starts wait for another 8-10 days. But yes i do remember that oen has to be nice to the salesman and dealer (mentioned in the PDI Checklist!) so I plan to be very nice but firm when the D day comes.

Wish me luck with the endless waiting!

regards to all.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
really there is so much information available that i just cant get over reading about the experiences of the proud safari owners. Now I am aware beforehand, of the possible shortcoming of the vehicle i am about to get my hands on...
So true! And the best part is that these experiences are not by some journalist who has been paid, dined and pampered to write about the vehicle, but actual people who have put in their hard earned money! The best form of review that one can possibly get.

Quote:
... But yes i do remember that oen has to be nice to the salesman and dealer (mentioned in the PDI Checklist!) so I plan to be very nice but firm when the D day comes...
Be nice to them, but be firm. Getting upset and shouting will never get the work done. But being firm will let them know that you are in control.

All the best mate!
Old 17th October 2008, 10:57   #9
BHPian

Congrats Gyani cheers:. Hope you are gonna "Make your own LINES"
Old 17th October 2008, 11:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Man. So, first it was a Bull, then beast and now HULK.
Whatever it may be, get it soon and start making your own roads. Good luck.
Oops did I forgot the other one, Sorry guys. - The KING too.
Old 17th October 2008, 22:31   #11

Thanks Dadu for the advice. Your posts are always the best ones! Been reading many of them.
I have one problem though, The Dealer name is mentioned on the lease papers. so it has to be that dealer(just that the dealer doesn't know that). I get tax benefits to get a vehivle on loan (company policy). on the hindsight, I could have booked the vehicle from CHD in the first place(alas!). Anyways, here I wait.

Coolbareily - I did not understand the" "Make your own LINES" " part!

Happywheels - thanks mate, very true!. There is another site we keep referring to in our profession. There again you get a lot of genuine reviews, from the people who have been to those hotels and stayed there. Can share if it does not violates the rules of the forum.

One update of the Safari front: My Lease was the latest victim of the economic crisis as of yesterday. I was told the bankers of the leasing company have put all loans and lease on hold on account of the liquidity crisis. Today I have been apologized to for the mis information and now the papers are going to come through in under 5 days.
Old 18th October 2008, 19:37   #12
BHPian

Congratulation Gyani, you have made a decision which you going to be proud of and would really love the beast. Fou your kind of terrain this is an amazing vehical.

Best of Luck.cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks