Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 15:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
after market alloys do not void the warranty.

upsizing tyres definitely does n thats what i was talking about..
This seems to be confusing as many people on the forum suggests that aftermarket alloys void it and not the tyres!
Old 21st October 2008, 19:31   #32
BHPian

wow the pleasure of owning a black and the pain s of maintaining it same mint HMMMM
sorry was just thinking aloud but it does look stunning and the chrome s compliment it further nice ride man !! Just one quick question how is the clutch have heard it s very soft must be lovely in bumper bumper to bumper holding it will not be a pain ?? and even the NVH level s are something to write about ??
Old 21st October 2008, 20:33   #33
BHPian

well, the showroom guys emphatically told me that upsizing the tyres would definitely void the warranty. changing the stock tyres for similar sized alternatives or fitting alloys wouldnt void it.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new buy mate!

She is a stunner! Especially with the alloys.

Wish you many many (and many more) miles of happy motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
...I find something odd between the wheels and the car on a whole , feels as if some suspension work is done to increase ground clearance(no offenses please) any body feel the same...
+1 from me. Had the same thought when I looked at the space between the wheel and the rim.
Old 21st October 2008, 23:46   #35
BHPian

the car is a pleasure to drive in the city especially after driving my old indica where i had to switch off the ac and put it in 1st gear on every incline also its very spacious and comfortable
its nice on the highway but i think it really needs 15 inch disks and broader tyres
even with the alloys the 14 inch wheels look small compared to the rest of the car
will be filling up the fuel tank tomorrow after which i will post the fuel economy of the car on the first tankfull
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
es look stunning and the chrome s compliment it further nice ride man !!
Hmm tried imagining this ride with chrome handles and ORVM. (No offence meant for the body color finish ) will go with the alloys very nicely

Chrome beading on the tail lights may be tad too much but what the heck...

what say?
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:33   #37
BHPian

no accessories available yet for the vista not even the mud flaps or roof antena
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:31   #38
BHPian

filled up the tank first tankfull gave me fe of 15.5 kpl with 100% ac on mixed city and highway (dont know if u can call mangalore udupi a highway) driving
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
filled up the tank first tankfull gave me fe of 15.5 kpl with 100% ac on mixed city and highway (dont know if u can call mangalore udupi a highway) driving
Good FE before first service.
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:36   #40
BHPian

dude can i check out your car sometime?i have seen it parked many times but you were nowhere around
Old 25th October 2008, 00:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Black Vista looks really good! Congrats dockap... Awesome color and good set of alloys too! I would agree with thereal, there seems to be something odd about the wheels and the car, too much of space or something does not look right about it. No offense meant pal!

Enjoy your ride and thats a good FE that you are getting before 1st service too!!
Old 25th October 2008, 19:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
after market alloys do not void the warranty.

upsizing tyres definitely does n thats what i was talking about..
Upsizing the Rim to 15 & + inches and Tyres to 195, could damage the suspension, so any warranty to suspension could be void. When your suspension developed serious problem, smart guys could change (borrow) the stock while taking the car for suspension related issues.

If you know that service center maintains the car's aftermarket violations, then take it to different service centre
Old 27th October 2008, 19:23   #43
BHPian

Booked and waiting endlessly for Indica Vista

The waiting period for the Indica Vista is ever increasing.I booked the vehicle on 22 September and was assured delivery in 4 weeks and now it may extend to 8 weeks.The colour is black and aura trim.The reasons to go for Vista were
1.Engine:1.3 Multijet sourced from Fiat has won many international awards.No two thoughts on the engine.
2.Gear box:Again sourced from Fiat is very good.
3.Suspension:Very good again.
4.Space:Best in class.
5.Height adjust driver seat and tilt steering,Defogger:Very practical and usable features.
6.Styling is also good.

They could have improved with internal plastic quality and especially the inner door handles,could have given better colour options and lastly for the size,the rims should have been minimum 15''.
So,I have a question.Could the Indica Vista upgraded to 15'' alloys.The current owners could research,try and put it on the forum.It could be of great value.
Old 27th October 2008, 22:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manohar View Post
Could the Indica Vista upgraded to 15'' alloys.The current owners could research,try and put it on the forum
just read posts below...its being discussed

i asked the same question in the showroom. i was told that upsizing tyre/wheel size would void the warranty. the legalese in the warranty doc also says something that seems to agree with that opinion.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

Any updares on the Indica Vista. There is very little on a car that had been so keenly awwaited. CAD, Dockap, Juny Matthews, guys waiting for detailled reports from you guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks