Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 15:57   #16
BHPian

do post some better pics dude
Old 21st October 2008, 18:07   #17
BHPian

Congratulations great_guns..

BTW, how much leather seat cover cost? Are those seat covers are OE one?
Are those seat covers are pure leather or art leather?
Old 21st October 2008, 19:26   #18
BHPian

Congrats on buying the Palio. I found the red in Palio to be better than the reds in other cars. Can't find out what the difference is, though. Any pointers on this would be useful

Isn't the SDX, the top version in Diesel? I too am planning to buy a Palio and there is a 20k discount on it here (Bangalore). Did you try to get more discounts or accessories from the dealer? What was their overall attitude towards your purchase?
Old 21st October 2008, 20:35   #19
BHPian

the best red is in Palio 1.6 - the typical flaming sporty red.

MJD has a slightly different shade of red.
Old 21st October 2008, 23:12   #20
BHPian

congrats on your car,the car looks woooww in red.plus the seat covers actually match with the interiors.
all the best.
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats on buying the Palio. I found the red in Palio to be better than the reds in other cars. Can't find out what the difference is, though. Any pointers on this would be useful

Isn't the SDX, the top version in Diesel? I too am planning to buy a Palio and there is a 20k discount on it here (Bangalore). Did you try to get more discounts or accessories from the dealer? What was their overall attitude towards your purchase?
Yes SDX is the top version.

Sandeep from Tata Motors/Bangalore called in this afternoon just to check how my car was doing while talking to him I did asked about the current offers going on ,all he said was MJD is doing too Good here in Blore & south the sales have really gone Up ,We as in TATA dont want to offer much discount on this hot cake :

corporate offer :4-7k max depending on companies.
festival discount:24 k on SDX,SDE,SD

Hope this gives a better Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
the best red is in Palio 1.6 - the typical flaming sporty red.MJD has a slightly different shade of red.
Palio Multijet comes with a Furnace red
Palio Sports 1.6 comes with a Ferrari red
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:27   #22
BHPian

Jazzy-: Thanks for the info. I only hope this offer stands till Nov end or somewhere that time. I have some convincing to do back home before I buy a FIAT.

The bad name is still clinging onto the car and its tough to change their mindset.
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
the best red is in Palio 1.6 - the typical flaming sporty red.

MJD has a slightly different shade of red.
Yup thats called the "Formula Red" - biological name of the color for Palio Stile 1.6 Sports

For MJD, I supposed its a Furnace Red!
Old 22nd October 2008, 13:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The bad name is still clinging onto the car and its tough to change their mindset.
IF the name is so BAD then please Dont Buy.Goahead with what your family wants .
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:40   #25
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys.

I have got the hang of it now and have driven in thick traffic a couple of times too. I just drive really safe and don't try to be overconfident with my overtaking or cornering and I guess that is how I will always be.

The colours are spot on there. The Ferrari/Formula Red is more like a pure bright Red available only in the 1.6 sport. The Furnace Red is more like a metallic, slightly darker shade of Red and comes with the Diesel and the Petrol versions. Surprisingly though, the new Red Fiat logo was not available on the Petrol versions when I bought it. The petrol versions came with the older Blue Fiat logo and the older grille.

I didn't get any 24,000 discount on the car. When I bought it, the discounts were available on the petrol versions but nothing on the diesel. I was lucky because the 'Free Insurance' scheme came into force the day I paid and got the billing done for the car. I got a little more than Rs 13,000 off that way. Since my father's company was not in their corporates' list, I didnt get the corporate discount which was an additional Rs 4,000.

I got the seat covers done from Poona Motors in Pune at the cost of Rs 4,500. They are of course, art leather. The original leather covers cost more than Rs 25,000.

I haven't heard of a retractable antenna arrangement in the Palio nor did I find any mention of it in the owner's manual. Maybe you're talking about the older version of Palio? Nevertheless, I've got the most basic antenna for Rs 250 which I can screw on and off in about 5 seconds so I don't mind that effort when I cover/uncover the car.

I think the 'bad name' of Fiat has improved quite a lot with the MJD because then engine was a proven success with the Swift and Fiat took care to eliminate their erstwhile bugbears - service and fuel economy. I am sure if you lay down a point-by-point analysis of your contending cars side by side and explain to your family, they will be able to understand the reason for your decision.
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
J
Krish me too had gone thru the path before I nailed down on Palio My dad wanted to see the car on road when I told about the MJD. I roamed all the busy roads in Coimbatore and I couldn't spot even a single MJD.

Even after this when I owned one I joined the satisfied group here. I am yet to see a Palio owner who regrets his decision.

So get convinced and then convince others
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
I loved the colour myself. Somehow Palio seems to have the best colours on the market. Even the older ones came in weird and uncommon but surprisingly attractive colours like rust, a weird shade of green, a yellow etc.
-Ganesh
Congrats dude, and welcome to the PALIO family.

I own a weird shade of green Palio
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
Krish me too had gone thru the path before I nailed down on Palio My dad wanted to see the car on road when I told about the MJD. I roamed all the busy roads in Coimbatore and I couldn't spot even a single MJD.

Even after this when I owned one I joined the satisfied group here. I am yet to see a Palio owner who regrets his decision.

LOL, my dad kept saying that every time we drove the car for the first couple of days. He'd say "Look, there are so many Altos and Swifts on the road, I can't see even a single Palio." I took time to explain to him all the advantages of buying the Palio over the other two. I also reminded him of his 'opinion' asking me to buy a Hero Honda instead of a Bajaj Wind. My 5-year old Wind still looks like its a couple of months old and starts first-kick every time. I even left it off for a year when I was in the UK and I kickstarted it when I came home on holiday and it started on the second kick. After going back to the UK and then coming back for good after 8 more months, it again started in the first three-four kicks and then first kick every time thereafter.

All my dad could say was
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys.

I have got the hang of it now and have driven in thick traffic a couple of times too. I just drive really safe and don't try to be overconfident with my overtaking or cornering and I guess that is how I will always be.

The colours are spot on there. The Ferrari/Formula Red is more like a pure bright Red available only in the 1.6 sport. The Furnace Red is more like a metallic, slightly darker shade of Red and comes with the Diesel and the Petrol versions. Surprisingly though, the new Red Fiat logo was not available on the Petrol versions when I bought it. The petrol versions came with the older Blue Fiat logo and the older grille.

I didn't get any 24,000 discount on the car. When I bought it, the discounts were available on the petrol versions but nothing on the diesel. I was lucky because the 'Free Insurance' scheme came into force the day I paid and got the billing done for the car. I got a little more than Rs 13,000 off that way. Since my father's company was not in their corporates' list, I didnt get the corporate discount which was an additional Rs 4,000.

I got the seat covers done from Poona Motors in Pune at the cost of Rs 4,500. They are of course, art leather. The original leather covers cost more than Rs 25,000.

I haven't heard of a retractable antenna arrangement in the Palio nor did I find any mention of it in the owner's manual. Maybe you're talking about the older version of Palio? Nevertheless, I've got the most basic antenna for Rs 250 which I can screw on and off in about 5 seconds so I don't mind that effort when I cover/uncover the car.

I think the 'bad name' of Fiat has improved quite a lot with the MJD because then engine was a proven success with the Swift and Fiat took care to eliminate their erstwhile bugbears - service and fuel economy. I am sure if you lay down a point-by-point analysis of your contending cars side by side and explain to your family, they will be able to understand the reason for your decision.
I've been a Palio lover all the while, ever since I rode a Palio 1.6 (belonged to my friend). So I don't need any convincing. Its my parents who need it and I'm in the process of doing it, the next time I go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post

Exactly. I'm in the process of the same. And as I wrote above, I've always been a fan. I was very sad when I saw that original Palio too failed, even though everyone had only good things to say about the car.

Face-to-face convincing works, and I'll be doing the same when I go home next month. Will take my parents for a TD as well, to show them how good the car is.
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I'll try to attach some pictures here. Again, please note that the white balance isn't correct some of the pictures are red-shifted.

Its only a week since I bought the car and I have only been learning to drive since the past one month or so. It would be quite impossible for me to do a detailed review of its performance at this stage but a few months down the line, I shall surely do one.

I got the car for 5.37Lac on road in PCMC (suburb of Pune). The on-road in the PMC area in Pune is about 5.49, I think. I bought the vehicle from Pandit auto after going through an absolutely distressing experience at B.U.Bhandari where they acted like they didn't want to sell the car at all.

I didn't get any discounts when I booked because there were none on it. NOW though, there is an offer where you get insurance free. That means a discount of a little more than Rs 13,000. I managed to get that.

The dealer refused to give me anything else off but I was satisfied with the deal.
Nice car man. God choice of color also. This car is better then tata indica vista and Swift in terms of quality etc. I am also thinking of buying Palio topend model here in chandigarh. I am getting 20k discount + 5k corporate Discount.

Most Viewed