Team-BHP - Photographs of my new Fiat Palio Multijet Diesel SDX
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Photographs of my new Fiat Palio Multijet Diesel SDX (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/47771-photographs-my-new-fiat-palio-multijet-diesel-sdx.html)

Sodium Vapour street lamps kill my white-balance, I suppose. Hopefully you'll get an idea of the colour and the artif. leather seat covers in spite of that. I'll try to put up WB-corrected photos when I get some time but I hope you all appreciate the ones I have now.

All ICE is installed in stock location.

Blaupunkt London Head unit.
Blaupunkt THC 132 components in front.
Blaupunkt THX 132 coaxials in rear.

Please leave your comments.please:

Picasa Web Albums - GuNs - My Car

Congratulations
I think Palio is slowly picking up, Together Palio Multijet and Vista QJ are going to pose major threat for Swift D

Congrats, cheers:
may god bless you with lots and lots of kilometers with the Italian hatch back,
Be nice to the beast in the run-in period,One More joins the Gang....

Aur yeh kya?? Blaupunkt, any special reason?
Congrats again, I am happy for you ,Pic are not that Good,could be much better in day light...........

Congrats pal! Great choice of Car and color!

Have fun & drive safe!

Congrats. Yes, the waiting period of Swift diesel, makes it a good business for Vista and MJD I guess.
"Give the RED", wow, nice color selection.

RED - Awesome color great_guns. Looks nice. Palio MJD is really a great looker with those fantastic grills.

Do you have internal antennas? How's the performance of Blaupunkt?

I went for Wooden plankets (I think I spelt it right) for Ovals to have better bass.

Take her to a Open Field with rising sun and look at the side profile. I could see a GP within Palio :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajtheindian (Post 1023139)
Congratulations
I think Palio is slowly picking up, Together Palio Multijet and Vista QJ are going to pose major threat for Swift D

Thanks Raj. I sure hope the competition heats up. A monopoly in any product segment is never good for the market and for the consumer. More choice, more competition, more innovation - better products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool (Post 1023143)
Congrats, cheers:
may god bless you with lots and lots of kilometers with the Italian hatch back,
Be nice to the beast in the run-in period,One More joins the Gang....

Aur yeh kya?? Blaupunkt, any special reason?
Congrats again, I am happy for you ,Pic are not that Good,could be much better in day light...........

Thanks mate. Glad to join the gang. No really special reason for Blaupunkt. I found them to be the best balance between quality and price. I was suggested to go for Illusion components in the front but I couldn't afford them after everything else. I got the head unit from USA so got it for a bit more than Rs. 5000.

Sorry about the pictures. You must have read the reason already. I am trying to get my hands on it during the day so that I can do it a bit more justice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 1023207)
Congrats pal! Great choice of Car and color!

Have fun & drive safe!

Thanks Finney. I actually had gone to check the Indica Dicor out when I saw this car in the showroom and immediately fell in love. It was the same colour as the one I bought. I thought it would be a lot more expensive than the Indica but it turned out to be quite affordable and I saw the competition too but nothing really caught my fancy like this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 1023208)
Congrats. Yes, the waiting period of Swift diesel, makes it a good business for Vista and MJD I guess.
"Give the RED", wow, nice color selection.

The waiting period and the problem that dogged the Indica - being too commonplace. The Swift seems to be the new Indica because I see too many of them on the road to feel comfortable. I understand its a great car but I eliminated that from my list the moment I saw the back seat. Its definitely not worth 5.5Lac (Diesel versions). Its probably a very good car if you are a single driver but I think its not suitable even if you have occasional back-seat passengers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightpower (Post 1023233)
RED - Awesome color great_guns. Looks nice. Palio MJD is really a great looker with those fantastic grills.

Do you have internal antennas? How's the performance of Blaupunkt?

I went for Wooden plankets (I think I spelt it right) for Ovals to have better bass.

Take her to a Open Field with rising sun and look at the side profile. I could see a GP within Palio :D

I loved the colour myself. Somehow Palio seems to have the best colours on the market. Even the older ones came in weird and uncommon but surprisingly attractive colours like rust, a weird shade of green, a yellow etc.

Blaupunkt sounds good. I have an external antenna but I remove it every time I park it at home so that I can put the car cover on. I've ridden with the antenna off a couple of times and havent noticed any difference in the reception in spite of that!

-Ganesh

Could you please upload a couple of pics here : guys like me cant view your album since picasaweb is blocked in the office.

Also, do post your your detailed initial ownership experience (test drives before purchase, price finalised on , extra discounts etc. etc.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 1023436)
Could you please upload a couple of pics here : guys like me cant view your album since picasaweb is blocked in the office.

Also, do post your your detailed initial ownership experience (test drives before purchase, price finalised on , extra discounts etc. etc.)

I'll try to attach some pictures here. Again, please note that the white balance isn't correct some of the pictures are red-shifted. stupid:

Its only a week since I bought the car and I have only been learning to drive since the past one month or so. It would be quite impossible for me to do a detailed review of its performance at this stage but a few months down the line, I shall surely do one.

I got the car for 5.37Lac on road in PCMC (suburb of Pune). The on-road in the PMC area in Pune is about 5.49, I think. I bought the vehicle from Pandit auto after going through an absolutely distressing experience at B.U.Bhandari where they acted like they didn't want to sell the car at all.

I didn't get any discounts when I booked because there were none on it. NOW though, there is an offer where you get insurance free. That means a discount of a little more than Rs 13,000. I managed to get that.

The dealer refused to give me anything else off but I was satisfied with the deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_guns (Post 1023404)
I've ridden with the antenna off a couple of times and havent noticed any difference in the reception in spite of that!

-Ganesh

I remember reading somewhere, it stats the antenna is designed such a way to have the cover ON and OFF as well without removing it.

I might be wrong. Requesting comments from fellow BHPians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_guns (Post 1023486)
I'll try to attach some pictures here....

great looking car :).

Thanks for the pics !

Tumchi car khup Sundar! aani color ekdam Jhakaas. Chaabuk. :D

Hearty congrats! Enjoy and drive safe.

Congrats buddy for decent purchase. cheers:

I feel pretty good for all people who think beyond Maruti.

Congratulations for your new car.Nice color too.

woow!
furnace red is the colour to go for dude!
really nice seats too.
its gonna be tough trying to learn to drive on a diesel car if uv been learning to drive on a petrol one.
all the best and drive safe
heartiest congratulations!