Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

I do not agree with most of the points put forward by Renu.

I own a Verna (all stock / base CRDi model ) No Stereo till now !! I have driven it for nearly 4700 Km's in around 4 months.

First of all no stereo means you hear everything from outside and I must say the NVH levels of the Verna is fantastic. You hardly hear anything with the windows up.

Handling is terriffic and I have owned quite a few cars to back my statement up. I feel very confident when driving this car even though my version is on Stock Tyres and No ABS.

And driving at 170 kmph and expecting your passengers to have a good ride !!! That too with 5 in the car !! I do not think that's fair to the car. And comparing the Verna with the ride quality of an Innova is very Unfair. Innova is one of the most comfortable MPV's around. Whereas the Verna is a Sporty Diesel Sedan.

Overall I feel the Verna is a fantastic VFM Car and no wonder it sells so well.

I brought mine at 7.6 Lacs OTR from Gurgaon after Discounts. Beat that anyone ?

Last edited by vkochar : 23rd October 2008 at 11:34.
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:23   #17
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I
Handling is terriffic and I have owned quite a few cars to back my statement up. I feel very confident when driving this car even though my version is on Stock Tyres and No ABS.
I own an all stock NHC, and I didn't like it's handling. When I drove the verna, the steering was so bad at high speeds that I was scared to even turn it. Started liking NHC's handling after that.
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:48   #18

It was the other way around for me- Earlier after regularly driving a Verna Diesel and trying out Honda city VTEC for a day, i had started admiring my Verna more. I feel that it handles Better and is more comfortable that NHC Vtec. I think that there are some cars that are very good handlers/comfort/power in the stock form itself like magnum and higher end ones, other cars its just a matter of getting used to how to derive the best out of the Car. Now that i have peted Verna, i simply cannot enjoy a day without going for a drive.
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:48   #19
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKumar View Post
It was the other way around for me- Earlier after regularly driving a Verna Diesel and trying out Honda city VTEC for a day, i had started admiring my Verna more.
Thanks for the argument!

I'm no fan of the NHC myself, but you directly pitched the Vtec against Verna.

Is a soft springy suspension anyways related to handling for you?

Or a steering that is nervous at high speeds?

Ok Verna is a decent car, but don't need to go overboard for the sake of argument.

Last edited by SLK : 23rd October 2008 at 15:50.
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:38   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Thanks for the argument!

I'm no fan of the NHC myself, but you directly pitched the Vtec against Verna.

Is a soft springy suspension anyways related to handling for you?

Or a steering that is nervous at high speeds?

Ok Verna is a decent car, but don't need to go overboard for the sake of argument.
I did not go overboard for the sake of argument, i expressed my views and clearly mentioned that it is what i felt. You may definitely feel otherwise and i respect your opinion. I personally felt handling better than VTEC, but did not say that Verna is the ultimate handler, i myself am trying to improve handling in Verna as i feel it it could handle better over speeds of 140-180. Please the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ods-verna.html. I also feel that vagueness( or nervousness) in steering on high speed is there for VTEC as well as Verna because of the the extremely light steering in both, more lighter in VTEC if i am not mistaken.
Old 23rd October 2008, 19:00   #21
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKumar View Post
I also feel that vagueness( or nervousness) in steering on high speed is there for VTEC as well as Verna because of the the extremely light steering in both, more lighter in VTEC if i am not mistaken.
Yes, NHC's steering is very light, lighter than Verna. But it is a speed sensitive electronic steering, it looses its lightness as the speed goes up and at 100+ it feels quite like a normal steering.

Nevermind... peace
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I brought mine at 7.6 Lacs OTR from Gurgaon after Discounts. Beat that anyone ?
Hmm I think i could have but i got the Getz.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:48   #23
BHPian

this is a laugh riot actually the fact is i loose all the silly races when tight curves are there..coz i back off my car is precious for me i will never scratch her intentionally!! but in L&T its a different thing. i smoke em
and then let them overtake me...i had my fun..lolz..the poor fellow will be burning petrol like anything to make sure i never catch up!..haha.

but yes i do have to say i play it safe at high speeds just feather touch is enough for the steering. once it saved me !

the mallu guys will know the damn police has put up a road barricade in the highway just before angamaly comes when we approach from thrissur side! it was night lucky i was just doing 110kmph was gonna slip her into 4th cog! but damn i see the barricade JAM the breaks and turned the wheels right, left and right i was doing a 50kmph then i succesfully avoided the barricade!! and then ripped off again!! but yes if i had hit it! then i was a gonner!

i have stopped blaming the steering of the verna since that incident but yeah the head lights suck!!
i always go on high beam even then its kachada!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks