Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2005, 21:07   #31
BHPian

I hope you dilute the shampoo before you put it in ... else it might clog the pores.

I too think that only water is not the way to go, since the wipers start shuddering while coming back ... meaning there is not enuf water/soap solution when the lever is pulled. In the long term, it'll damage the windscreen as well.

I have added 2 cupfuls of household window cleaner to 1 ltr of water in the reservoir ... will update on the result of using this soon.
S
Old 10th May 2005, 21:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yes what i meant to say was hair shampoo+water... just for the cleansing properties of shampoo .. also the friction b/w the blades and glass decreases, so you have smooth sweeps... otherwise as simran said..household window cleaner will do..

Last edited by DCEite : 10th May 2005 at 21:52.
Old 23rd June 2005, 15:22   #33
BHPian

Some relatives of mine drop in, and I have to go and get them. Getting them won't be a problem, but getting their luggage might be trickly in the Zen.

Any ideas? Is it possible/recommended to fit a carriage on top of the roof? Is there an MGA for the same? Has anyone used this?

We used to use one on our Fiat ... but the place where it was put developed rust in a short while.

TIA,
Simran
Old 23rd June 2005, 16:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

For a one time requirement really do you want to fit that. Why not explore other possibilities of hiring a vehicle to carry their luggage
Old 23rd June 2005, 17:06   #35
BHPian

I am not sure how I missed this thread.

Anyway, This is the worst experience I have heard about Sai. I have been using them for past 5 years or so for M800 then Alto 1.1 and now Zen Beleive me in 5 yr I do not remember a single isssue

The only issue I had at the time of first service was that car was not properly washed...when I reported this, 2nd wash was promptly arranged

My zen had some 30-40 Km reason given was same the godown issue.

As a part of service, Maruti and Sai now a days sending guys at home to check if you are satisfied raise your complaint strongly and send a letter addressed to Kalmadi's son who I think is looking after Sai...hope it will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran
Buying process:

Also, Sai was recommended by pingme, so decided to go with him.

Sai fellows tried to put teflon coating to cover the scratches, but didn't work, so tomorrow I go to get the bonnet changed. Someone else may get my bonnet (sagar, you listening???) and I am thinking of shooting a mail to Maruti also ... lets see, will depend on my mood. But for servicing, will go to Chowgule now.

Simran
Old 23rd June 2005, 17:13   #36
BHPian

luggage carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
For a one time requirement really do you want to fit that. Why not explore other possibilities of hiring a vehicle to carry their luggage
well, if its affordable, detachable, is an MGA, and won't affect the paint job etc, then why not have it handy. in the long-run, it should cost less than hiring taxis etc.
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:12   #37
BHPian

25000 kms completed

I've done 25000 kms on this car. Till about 17500kms, I was maintaining a spreadsheet with the log of kms run and fuel filled and the amount of servicing done. The overall mileage at that point came to 15.68, which was pretty good. At Pune, I used to fill up at Silver Jubilee Pump only. After that, I gave up since it was tedious, and I was pretty set in my usage pattern, so I assumed it won't change much. I'm in Delhi now with better roads (except during rains, when there is lots of waterlogging) and its a pleasure driving this car.

The total expenditure till date comes upto Rs. 482814.

The car is pretty good. Servicing is at 10000kms, which I think is long since after doing around 7500kms, you feel the car is asking for a service. I had some trouble with clutch noise, which went away after the clutch assly was cleaned. I was told it happens during rains when water enters, and in these monsoons, the clutch is working up again ... but no warranty this time, so lets see how things turn out. I ran up a bill of Rs. 7000 on my first paid service at 20000, and I know that is steep ... but the car after the service ran so well, that I was Ok with that. I got it serviced at PASCO.

The Blaupunkt system is giving good service. The sound quailty has not deteriorated at all, and the fitting was done well, so there are no creaks or groans till now. The aerial has rusted, and has to be replaced.

The car is a pleasure to drive. I have been on long trips, with a lot of people and luggage, but it has not given problems, except the fact taht it was uncomfortable at the rear for long journeys. It has its limitations, but the pick-up and the engine response puts a smile on my face. On highways, I feel quite scared to exceed 100 since the brakes are not confidence inspiring at all.

Autocop has failed a lot of times, and I had to get some of its components changed.

The tubeless tyres are amazing. I've had 2 punctures, and none of them game me any trouble. I fixed them myself! Also, I have alloys, and am pretty happy with them, they do give a distinctive look to the car.

I plan to keep this car for a long time. It is trouble free (touchwood) and there are no complaints really. Maruti has pretty good service, and they were able to diagnose the clutch problem correctly (I was sitting on their heads though, otherwise they can give you some story too I guess).

I usually take out the air-filter element after every 2000 kms and give it a good shake, and lots of dust comes out. I guess that is a problem with driving in the Gurgaon area. Any suggestions on cleaning the air-filter?

I am looking to buy a bigger car now, since we need two cars. I got my car evaluated just for the heck of it, and was quoted 2.1 by the maruti guys at True-value. My friend who has a 2.5 yr old Ford Ikon Diesel was quoted 2.3!!!I have zeroed-in on the Fiesta petrol (in spite of the poor re-sale and the service stories) partly due to the handling of the car. I was able to do a lot of research without asking any questions this time - thanks Team-BHP for this wonderful forum. I am thinking of sticking to Harpreet Ford since they seem to be better dealers.

Last edited by simran : 2nd August 2007 at 14:16.
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

If handling and driving dynamics are the key criteria, you might want to test drive a Mitsubishi Cedia. You'll forget the Ford Fiesta.
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:27   #39
BHPian

Cost is also a criteria. Can't go more than 7.
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hm... yes in that case a fiesta is a perfectly good choice.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:36   #41
BHPian

Suspect Suspension problems

Hi all,

I need some advice. My Zen has now covered approx 37000 kms. I am having a noise problem. There is a noise that comes when decelerating and accelerating in the speed range of 30+ kmph. Its a sort of booming noise. Its quite pronounced at highways.

I am in Gurgaon, and showed it at Qutab Auto, near Galleria. He told me the tyres have 'gaddhas' in them - which I took to mean there is uneven wear on the surface. I was told to run my hand on the tyre and feel it. I did feel some ups and downs, but that could have been the tread itself. He further mentioned that this may is due to the shock absorbers, and bearings are Ok.

The bushes will have to be replaced, and other work may be required if needed. Since the tyres were rotated, the suspension that caused the problem could not be singled out and therefore all of them will be checked. Min damage is Rs. 2000, plus I'll have to get tyres replaced to make the noise go away.

Please let me know if this sounds right. Also, if there is some other good recommended place where I can take a second opinion as to the work and cost in Gurgaon, please let me know.

Will it be Ok to replace only 2 front tyres for now? The tyres have some tread left and have not reached the indicators, and I don't want to replace unless required. They are 4.5 years old, and are GPS 2 tyres, size 145/80R12 with Alloys. If they really have incorrect wear, will this get covered in warranty?

Please let me know if I should attach some snaps, also, if going to a tyre shop for opinion make sense.

TIA,
Simran
Old 17th November 2009, 16:18   #42
BANNED

My advice is get rid of those gps2 .They are very bad tyres .Even my zen has them and as soon as i reach the 30,000 km mark i will swap them with Turanza .Get the turanza and you will know what you were missing .
And GPS2 is quite famous for developing uneven pattern .Also Goodyear has given warranty in the form of 50% of cost of new tyres(GPS2) in my friends santro with GPS2 (which no surprise developed this problem too).But since you are quite out of warranty your claim will be rejected straightaway.
Old 18th November 2009, 11:42   #43
BHPian

Suspension garage

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I might go in for Michelin if available in that size. Do you know the price for Turanzas?

Please also let me know if there is a reliable workshop for suspension work in Gurgaon. I can get Maruti spares from a good shop, need to know if there is a reliable garage I can get the work done from.

TIA.
Old 19th November 2009, 05:18   #44
BANNED

It would be in the range of Rs 2200 for turanza .But could be lower too for 145/80-R12.Also suspension job will not be difficult for you .But make sure what you buy is MGP and complete kits/parts .Eg the front shocker come as completely assembled and separately too.
Meanwhile i will also suggest check the tyre thread , zen maintenance thread's and you will lot of information available to yourself.

Tyre & Alloy wheel Section - Team-BHP
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...intenance.html

Regards

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 19th November 2009 at 05:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks