Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 12:17   #1
BHPian

One more Safari Booked (EDIT: Now delivery taken, its a Cycus Grey LX)

Hi,

I have took the plunge and booked a Safari LX version, the dealers here in Goa are reluctant to give much in the way of benefits and zero cash discounts. I booked the car on the 12th of October, Cycus grey Lx version the dealer offered stereo system(I have my own new system to install), floor mats and seat covers, we negotiated and opted for Gaware ICECOOL 70 for windows and ICECOOL SHIELD for the windscreen, floor mats and the standard Safari fog lights, I kept on asking for the claddings to be painted, but they would not give. Is this a good deal or should I have bargained harder with them?

Anyway I can't wait to be a member of club Safari, i am now having sleepness nights in anticipation!

Regards,

Stefan
Old 24th October 2008, 13:31   #2
BANNED

Stef,

congrats on the booking and hope to see your Safari soon on the Safari thread.

Not sure about Goa dealers, you've got a raw deal. Atleast 10 k discount is available on the LX. You cant do much if the dealer is unwilling to do so.

Sunfilm, floor mats, mud flaps, perfume and fog lights are basic freebies you can expect and thats ok.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:43   #3
BHPian

congrats bro. have fun and vrooooooooooooommmm.......
Old 24th October 2008, 15:05   #4
BHPian

Congrats on the booking. I'm sure you will have great fun with the beast. What is the promised delivery schedule?

With the 2.2 selling quite well, dealers are quite tight fisted with discounts. So don't worry too much about that. After all a 5-10k discount is inconsequential in the context of the overall purchase.
Old 27th October 2008, 11:16   #5
BHPian

Thanks guys, the car reached the dealer on saturday, we are going to inspect the vehicle tomorrow morning, before it goes to the service centre for the fitments, we will collect the car on wednesday, i am prining the Team BHP PDI checklist to take tomorrow, pictures will be uploaded asap.

Stefan
Old 27th October 2008, 13:53   #6
BHPian

Congrats! What is the dealer price of fog lights? BTW, are you taking extended warranty?

Do post the pics of Cycus grey LX asap. It will help me in making a decision too.
Old 31st October 2008, 20:33   #7
BHPian

Ok, took delivery yesterday, the Cycus grey looks really good even on the LX version, definatly in my opinion the best colour for Safari along with pearl white, the dealer gave me the warranty card (5years) for the sun film, which does the job nicely, no problems with night visability with the windshield film, the dealer claimed the fog lamps were approx Rs 3000, don't believe him, he had them fitted with the same guy who done the filming, dissapointed he didn't give me the oriinal switch for the fogs but they work well, i'm sure this can be picked up for around Rs2000. Enjoying the ride, a couple of irritating points with the fit and finish as expected, but will have to live with them. The car really makes you feel king of the road, although some of the narrow roads in Goa can be a problem if you wish to maintain a scratch free car. Will get the pics posted in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Congrats! What is the dealer price of fog lights? BTW, are you taking extended warranty?

Do post the pics of Cycus grey LX asap. It will help me in making a decision too.
Yep also took the extended warranty, dealer gave the booklet for that and also a separate one for the Amaron battery. Tight fisted dealer, but done everything proffessionaly, so hoping to enjoy a good few years with the Beast.

Stefan

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2008 at 13:38.
Old 31st October 2008, 23:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats stefan on your new ride, wish u the best of rides and lots of trouble free years with your new love. Ive been reading about a lot of happy Safari customers here, and i sincerey hope you become one of them too. Waiting for the pics and also how much did u end up spending on it?
Old 1st November 2008, 13:15   #9
BHPian

Congrats on the new Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
...dissapointed he didn't give me the oriinal switch for the fogs but they work well
What do you mean he did not give you the original switch? Do post a pic. Did the dealer say anything about the warranty with regard to installing fog lights?
Old 1st November 2008, 15:13   #10
BHPian

Congrats, stefanm, on your purchase!

Hi kkdelhi, the LX doesn't come with the fog lamp switch. The dealer added an after-market switch toward the left hand side of the steering wheel stock, for me too.
Old 1st November 2008, 15:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
the dealer claimed the fog lamps were approx Rs 3000, don't believe him, he had them fitted with the same guy who done the filming, dissapointed he didn't give me the oriinal switch for the fogs but they work well, i'm sure this can be picked up for around Rs2000. Enjoying the ride, a couple of irritating points with the fit and finish as expected, but will have to live with them.
Stefan, congrats on finally getting the beast. I can tell you that after you get used to the Safari, you will find it hard to drive anything else.

Regarding the cost of the fog lamps, if you were to get it done after market from the dealer they do charge around 3 - 3.5K including the after market switch. Also they will not normally use the original switch console but will fix a separate switch. To use the original switch console they need the change the entire dashboard switch assembly to that of the EX and that cost some 4-5K on its own. So don't worry about that.

As for the fit and finish - that somes free with the vehicle . I used to drive an Indica before the Safari and so found it easy to live with.
Old 1st November 2008, 17:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Stefan, congrats on finally getting the beast. I can tell you that after you get used to the Safari, you will find it hard to drive anything else.

Regarding the cost of the fog lamps, if you were to get it done after market from the dealer they do charge around 3 - 3.5K including the after market switch. Also they will not normally use the original switch console but will fix a separate switch. To use the original switch console they need the change the entire dashboard switch assembly to that of the EX and that cost some 4-5K on its own. So don't worry about that.

As for the fit and finish - that somes free with the vehicle . I used to drive an Indica before the Safari and so found it easy to live with.
Thanks guys, I paid 8.7 lacs on the road in Goa, no bribes were paid to the RTO for registration.The fogs from minda work very well, so no complaints on that side, just on my way home from the service centre, had a 'clunk' noise when turned on steering wheel to full lock, they put some extra grease on the stops, seems a lot better, according to the service guy the stops on the steering rack are metal, most cars have rubber boots to stop travel, will confirm this when i take the car to the main service centre for my first service. Also i saw a leak dripping from under the car, I thought this was related to the 'clunk' from the power steering, it seems so be moisture evaporation from the Ac as the drain off pipe was somewhere near, i will keep an eye on these things. Managed to get the front bumper aligned, as the drivers side wasn't lined up with the wheel arch, dealer told me it couldn't be adjusted, i knew he was wrong though, trouble is the showroom guys will feed you rubbish, so now i'm happy with the vehicle, the fit and finish is good enough, comfort levels are the best i've had in a car, i don't think i will have much problems with the car, as it's been around for over a year now and Tata's seem to want to improve their reputation.

Regards,

Stefan
Old 2nd November 2008, 00:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Congrats, stefanm, on your purchase!

Hi kkdelhi, the LX doesn't come with the fog lamp switch. The dealer added an after-market switch toward the left hand side of the steering wheel stock, for me too.
Hope it doesn't look too ugly.

dkamath: Can you pls post some pics of your silver lx?

stefanm: Can you pls post some pics of your cycus grey lx?

The pics would help me in making a decision. Thanks.
Old 1st December 2008, 17:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Hope it doesn't look too ugly.

dkamath: Can you pls post some pics of your silver lx?

stefanm: Can you pls post some pics of your cycus grey lx?

The pics would help me in making a decision. Thanks.
Sorry for the delay kkdelhi, have been trying to get internet connection for the house, if you haven't made your decision yet, i will upload my pics at the net cafe in the next couple of days.

Little update on the vehicle, have completed 1200kms and one month, had the first service done today, no problems with the car other than a couple of fit and finish issues with the angle the armrest sit, will have a look myself as the sevice station here were not really interested and gave me the excuse they cannot be adjusted. Anyone in Goa who can recommend the best tata service place?
Enjoying the ride with a passion, someone gave the rear bumper right hand side a knock when it was parked yesterday evening, now i have a lovely dent on the plastic!!! glad i didn't have the claddings painted, this look has grown on me now.

pics to follow soon....

Stefan
Old 1st December 2008, 20:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delay kkdelhi, have been trying to get internet connection for the house, if you haven't made your decision yet, i will upload my pics at the net cafe in the next couple of days...
No issues. I already made my decision and bought an Arctic Silver.

Quote:
...glad i didn't have the claddings painted, this look has grown on me now.
Same here. Let the grey cladding remain as they are - they can take much more abuse and still look good.

Quote:
pics to follow soon....
Waiting...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks