Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:59   #16
BHPian

Hi,

I know its kind off late but welcome to the OHC Vtec club.

7kmpl in the city seems to be on the very very low side, even with daily redlining, a stock vtec will give you around 8-9. Anyway, its not a big deal.

Secondly, the leak in the exhaust is a normal feature of the Vtec, all the owners that I know of have had this issue,sooner or later.

This said, it should be a nice reason for you to go in for Headers and a FFE.

Also, if you want the best from your car, although it will be expensive but stick to the authorised service center. I have personally felt the difference by getting the car serviced by a good workshop and then getting it done from the authorised workshop. The difference in the money aspect was huge but it was worth every penny.

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The mileage I'm getting seems a little low at around 7kmpl or less, but that includes frequent redlining. There seems to be a leak in the silencer/exhaust somewhere which I'm not really interested in fixing right now since I'll be going for an FFE very soon.
Old 2nd January 2009, 13:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
7kmpl in the city seems to be on the very very low side, even with daily redlining, a stock vtec will give you around 8-9. Anyway, its not a big deal.
Yeah, but I've been attributing it to me not getting it serviced yet. Will see what kind of mileage it gives after service.

Dippy, sounds good. Could you give me the details of your mechanic/garage?
Old 2nd January 2009, 14:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the OHC Vtec pranavt. It's a pleasure to drive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Thanks Dippy, wasn't around when you im'd me. Pics coming up in a few hours...
Few months have passed since.
Old 2nd January 2009, 14:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

This pics were uploaded in my garage quite a while ago. Apologies for forgetting to attach them here. Will do today, and might click a few new ones.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:35   #20
BHPian

welcome to the OHC club pranavt
even i would suggest honda workshop for servicing and critical works. Whenever i have to get comprehensive servicing done i always go to honda. For e.g my OHC completed 80K recently and i gave it for comprehensive 80K service at honda. Although bill was somewhere around 6K but the difference i felt was worth it.

But for next servicing which would be due in next 6-7K kms i would get it done outside. But for 1 lac km servicing i'll again go to honda. This is the procedure i follow.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
welcome to the OHC club pranavt
even i would suggest honda workshop for servicing and critical works. Whenever i have to get comprehensive servicing done i always go to honda. For e.g my OHC completed 80K recently and i gave it for comprehensive 80K service at honda. Although bill was somewhere around 6K but the difference i felt was worth it.

But for next servicing which would be due in next 6-7K kms i would get it done outside. But for 1 lac km servicing i'll again go to honda. This is the procedure i follow.
Pranav

I agree with Ashish on the servicing front. I would say get all routine and major services done at Honda itself. I do that. For other work you can get it done outside. I'll call you in the evening for the garage details or vice versa. If you drop in to Kandivali, I'd be glad to take you there, its very near to my house in Thakur Village itself.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

And when you get the FFE installed, do remember to retain the stock headers ( just in case you plan in future to go back to stock exhaust )
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mileage I'm getting seems a little low at around 7kmpl or less, but that includes frequent redlining.
Thats ok, even i get around 7.9kmpl when i redline it. Eco mode can fetch you close to 14.5 kmpl in city (without A/C)

Shan2nu
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:30   #24
BHPian

Welcome to the OHC Vtec club.

Nice ride dude.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks