Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
A carputer is simply a car pc.
In this case, the carputer is externally installed. In higher cars like BMW, Audi, a carputer is built-in eg. The BMW comes with i-drive.

The carputer is used for everything- from entertainment stuff like playing music & videos to GPS navigation, parking assistance and most importantly car component management & diagnosis.
Pardon my ignorance, but is the carputer rigged up to connect with the ECU? and in that case, can you change settings in the ECU. diagnostics must require a dedicated software?
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but is the carputer rigged up to connect with the ECU? and in that case, can you change settings in the ECU. diagnostics must require a dedicated software?
Generally you can only diagonalize a fault in the car with the carputer when linked to the ECU that comes as standard for most of the cases, major changes cannot be done. Changing ECU settings requires another software which is not pre installed in most cars as per my knowledge.

Gurus here must be able to put more light to it.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:27   #63
BHPian

I have confirmed with Kataria, Popular and Kiran Marutis. They all are saying same thing that MUL has stopped the lamp production. it now comes with full assembly.
better to buy from grey market.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
I have confirmed with Kataria, Popular and Kiran Marutis. They all are saying same thing that MUL has stopped the lamp production. it now comes with full assembly.
better to buy from grey market.
IMHO Maruti was never manufacturing the lamp in first place it is always some 3ed party like Phillips or Osram.
In future I think best bet for you is to take out the bulb and go to an spare parts shop so that he can identify and give you equivelent of some reputed brand.

Why the heck they call it grey market giving impression that there is something illegal about it. Tell me if you buy a Phillips H3 for your fog lamp and get bill for it what is grey there ? There is nothing such as Grey market it is fully valid OEM market
Old 26th May 2009, 12:27   #65
BHPian

Thats right, for minor problems its better we do it as DIY. My brake lights went kaput and i just removed the tail lamp assembly and took that bulb n got replacement Philips bulb outside for 10rs each. Total 20rs. and fixed it myself.
Old 26th May 2009, 14:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
IMHO Maruti was never manufacturing the lamp in first place it is always some 3ed party like Phillips or Osram.
In future I think best bet for you is to take out the bulb and go to an spare parts shop so that he can identify and give you equivelent of some reputed brand.

Why the heck they call it grey market giving impression that there is something illegal about it. Tell me if you buy a Phillips H3 for your fog lamp and get bill for it what is grey there ? There is nothing such as Grey market it is fully valid OEM market
Absolutely, bulbs are available in OEM market with its bill, and cheaper then from company who does this day time robbery, be sure you dont repeat this action next time.CHEERS!!
Old 11th July 2009, 00:17   #67
BHPian

Guys. which is the best way to clean up the wet carpet ?
Last nighti drove in 2feet water during heavy rain . and in the morning i see wet carpet.
Should i remove the front seats and carpet ? Or Should i take it to the MASS ?
I am worried coz few carputer cables and RCA are under the carpet.
I have removed the carputer temporarily.
How come the water gets inside the car ?
Old 11th July 2009, 12:04   #68
BHPian

You better take the car to a MASS and get it inspected. You can also go in for a full vinyl carpeting inside the car. It will be done by any seat cover maker in local. Just find people who do good work.
Old 11th July 2009, 16:06   #69
BHPian

Thanx for reply srikant.
well . i just did it my self. Removed the front seats. and Removed the carpet.
Washed the floor with dettol and left the car and carpet under the sunlight for 2 hours and all rainy stinks are gone now.
I also checked rubber stoppers on the floor. and they are all tightened.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:03   #70
BHPian

That was a nice DIY pal, meanwhile did you get the source of leak? better to find it out and repair so that it does not happen again.
Old 17th July 2009, 13:07   #71
BHPian

srikant. i checked the rubber stoppers on the floor. it was all tightened.
I think water came from the Door. Rubber Door Seal quality is not at all good in Maruti. Few of my friends who owns maruti has same problem.
And MASS is not ready to accept it.
From now on I am not going to drive the car in heavily flooded area.
Old 17th July 2009, 14:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Thanx for reply srikant.
well . i just did it my self. Removed the front seats. and Removed the carpet.
Washed the floor with dettol and left the car and carpet under the sunlight for 2 hours and all rainy stinks are gone now.
I also checked rubber stoppers on the floor. and they are all tightened.
thats a good DIY mate, i have travelled in rains with water level almost to more then 2 feets but have never found water entering the car, better get that ckecked the reason of water entering inside, asin this rainy season it might leak more the second time.
Old 18th July 2009, 13:14   #73
BHPian

Yes dude, its better to get it checked up at mass once again. If required change the rubber door seal to avoid risk in case you get stuck some where in water.
Old 11th August 2009, 09:43   #74
BHPian

Well. 4th Paid service was done yesterday. 15,000 Kms.
1100 Rs for Oil + Oil Filter. and 800 Rs for servicing. why is MASS charging 800 rs for general service ?
I am planning to go for synthetic at 20K with engine oil flush.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:21   #75
BHPian

You could have gone for synthetic right now and not wait till 20 k. I switched to synthetic at 10 K. And it still drives like a charm. I ve done 48 k now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks