Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:38   #61
BHPian

difference in average shouldnt be much with ac on all the time, around 1km/l maybe. but an aggressive foot on the gas pedal and bring it down. couple them together and it might go down.
and dint you try rubbing compound on the front bumper?
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:05   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
difference in average shouldnt be much with ac on all the time, around 1km/l maybe. but an aggressive foot on the gas pedal and bring it down. couple them together and it might go down.
and dint you try rubbing compound on the front bumper?
No buddy I havent come around to rubbing compound yet. Got my seats done though. ANy opinions on that?
And yeah, mileage seems to be running abysmally low. Much lower then what I managed with the first fill up. I made it a point to fill gas at the same BP petrol bunk where I filled the first time. My calculations are not accurate by any means, but it doesnt take too much accuracy to tell that it sure as hell has dropped this time. My first month I estimated 13, and this month as low as 10 barely touching 11. Think I have over revved her quite a bit though. Should probably soften down a bit with the driving. AC + city traffic + going fast when the roads get empty = for mileage.
Does skipping gears (1st to 3rd, 2nd to 4th) help improve mileage or is it detrimental tot he engine considering that I am reducing the performance I get by skipping a gear?
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:57   #63
BHPian

the seats look real neat. the combination matches the interior nicely. is that art leather? how much did it cost?

now on the average issue: how much has your car done? is it nearing the service interval? that could be another issue. and about skipping gears during shifting, i have no clue. i guess one should not do that under normal conditions. the gurus can help you with this m sure.
Old 23rd November 2008, 20:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
the seats look real neat. the combination matches the interior nicely. is that art leather? how much did it cost?

now on the average issue: how much has your car done? is it nearing the service interval? that could be another issue. and about skipping gears during shifting, i have no clue. i guess one should not do that under normal conditions. the gurus can help you with this m sure.
Well to be honest I really havent clocked much with my car. Delivery was 14th october which makes it almost 40 days. Im touching 700km, but considering that I got my car just towards the fag end of a pretty heavy rainy season, and I was out of station for about 4 days I have had a few days of completely not using it, so roughly a month of actual driving it around. And I've driven around in city conditions throughout. First service is due 14th december.
My friend keeps doing the switching gears thing in his old petrol zen (heavily modified) in the name of saving fuel! But in the verna I definitely feel the cars turbo booster struggling when I do skip gears. It has maniac pick up when i just switch gears normally, and I feel it pull much much more without the ac on, though even with ac on you dont feel too much of a difference like in other cars.
Yes its art leather. Seats cost me 4600. Flooring and a 2 tone steering wheel cover to be done next saturday morning. He insisted on this colour combination. I wanted chocolate brown with beige. I guess those chaps do know best!
Old 25th November 2008, 22:13   #65
BHPian

Hey I'm no longer a newbie here!
First service due in 20 days. Anyone have a verna or any other hyundai car for that matter that they leave at HMP chennai for service? Wanted to know how many days in advance I need to book. The lady at the showroom said 3 days, but Ive heard people say 3 WEEKS in advance! A heads up anyone?
Old 28th November 2008, 17:40   #66
BHPian

Finished my interiors work :)

Finished my interior work - Steering wheel cover and flooring. The steering cover is also dual tone, matching my seat covers
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010113.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010115.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010116.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010117.jpg  

Old 28th November 2008, 18:49   #67
BHPian

pras, Overall neat work. Congrats! Wonder why Hyundai does not give better interiors.

The steering would have been better in 2 tone similar to the seats. You can still get it done!
Old 28th November 2008, 19:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
pras, Overall neat work. Congrats! Wonder why Hyundai does not give better interiors.

The steering would have been better in 2 tone similar to the seats. You can still get it done!
Pathfinder the steering is 2 tone!! It's the same combination as the seat covers. The dark colour on top and the lighter beige in the bottom. I think its not clearly visible in the snaps
Yes hes done a great job. I'm extremely satisfied. Worth every rupee i paid
Old 28th November 2008, 21:02   #69
BHPian

a super nice job done!!!
very neat installation and gels perfectly with the stock colors inside. congrats!!
Old 28th November 2008, 21:22   #70
BHPian

Quote:
a super nice job done!!!
very neat installation and gels perfectly with the stock colors inside. congrats!!
It does gel well doesnt it Ah I'm very happy with the finish. And the foam finish of the steering wheel is far more comfortable to drive then just the plain steering

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 28th November 2008 at 21:27.
Old 28th November 2008, 21:35   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post

And yeah coming to the point about better interiors. Yes I think that from certain aspects i really love my verna's interiors. The front console with the wooden finish, and the stock ICE with the auto climate control ac system actually look really nice. But lot of people kept saying cheap plastic and I never understood why. Today when i was watching him work on the flooring,he lifted up the side plastic panel near the door and it did strike me that it all seemed rather flimsy. Probably why I was dying to get the interiors done!
Oh and the good news. That guy used that Amway silicon glaze thing on the bumper and the side door. The side door scratches are totally gone and the front bumpers big black graze is gone, except for the streaks where the paint has actually chipped off. That product is a miracle man.
Old 29th November 2008, 09:28   #72
BHPian

Hey pras,
Vignesh here.I liked your intertiors very much,the seats have been fitted like factory.So where did you get it done.You have mentioned Peters road.So i want the shop name and contact numbers of them.I will be getting a new seat cover for my SIENA or probably my next car(PALIO MJD).Is it peters road or GP Road?Please confirm...

Vignesh
1.2 SIENA ELX
Old 29th November 2008, 11:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Hey pras,
Vignesh here.I liked your intertiors very much,the seats have been fitted like factory.So where did you get it done.You have mentioned Peters road.So i want the shop name and contact numbers of them.I will be getting a new seat cover for my SIENA or probably my next car(PALIO MJD).Is it peters road or GP Road?Please confirm...

Vignesh
1.2 SIENA ELX
Hi vignesh. Thanks for the comments! Yes they are like factory finishing, and not expensive at all. These guys are basically wholesale distributors for a lot of car dealers in chennai, so they do an excellent job and they get readymade seat fittings for all cars. In case he doesnt have immediate stock you may have to give him a week to 10 days to arrange, but he will surely do it if you pay him a small token advance. I ws lucky that he had received stock just that morning. He will take a full day (he opens at 10) to complete the entire work. Just seats should take around 5 hours I think. Ok here are all the details you will need.
Cost details:
Seats 4600 brand is jackspeed for both mono and dual tone. He has one called choice as well for 4000 but quality is not as good. I suggest you go for jackspeed, its worth the 600 extra. He himself will suggest what colours look best for your car. He changed my mind on my colour choice and I have no regrets.
Flooring (PU) 1650. A little highly priced but he does a good finish and I no longer have the head ache of the dirty floor.
Steering cover 375 for a good art leather dual tone cover. You can get cheaper ones for 150 or 200 but not sure about quality.
Labour 300. The person who does the work has been with them for many many years and he does a fantastic job.

Contact details:
You can contact mahesh, or his brother (they run the shop together) number is 9840747705.
You go past pilot theatre, and then E2 royapettah police station. You reach the signal at the flyover and take a left to go onto peters road. If you go straight at the signal you head to GP road. So DONT go straight, TAKE A LEFT. Keep going straight you will see a second flyover(this is in front of the road that leaves the satyam theatre main entrance complex). Dont get on the flyover, go on the side road. There are a number of shops there. This shop has 2 boards. THe big board says caylook or something but they go by the name of choice seat zone which is the smaller board on top. It is placed in between a closed nanking chinese restaurant and a big bathroom supplies shop. I dunno if he will recognize me by name(prasana), but you can tell him that the guy with the verna who had all his interiors done recommended him . He doesnt give any discount as such but its worth every bit of the money you pay him. Plus he helped rid my car of most of the big scratch on the bumper so it was paisa vasool . In case you have problems locating the shop you can contact me at 9840673407. I stay just 2 minutes away from there.
Old 29th November 2008, 11:42   #74
BHPian

Urgent....!

Ok, I know this topic has been touched upon before. But I cant help but ask someone for a verdict again .
As everyone knows the verna headlights suck. I spoke to the dealer today and they said that even if I bring in the headlamps kit from outside they wont even install it for me. I'm worried about getting it done at a random shop for fear of losing warranty on the electrical system.
From user experiences, how terrible are the verna headlamps? Are they dangerous for night driving say on highways, or just generallly poor but you can get from point A to point B alive?
Can someone please suggest a proper shop in chennai where they got headlamp upgrades done, where they are good enough to not mess around with the other wiring and not void the electrical system warranty? I have plans of going to bangalore sometime this month and I want to make sure I'm fully equipped in case I'm driving back at night.

Also, if RC book is not received within 60 days, how do I follow up on it?
REQUESTING A PROPER EXPERT'S OPINION ON THIS TOPIC PLEASE!
Old 29th November 2008, 16:27   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can someone please suggest a proper shop in chennai where they got headlamp upgrades done, where they are good enough to not mess around with the other wiring and not void the electrical system warranty?
Take the safe way out : Get a headlamp upgrade from the dealership itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks