Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 22:34   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edassery View Post
Looks awesome buddy. Wonder why don't they bring in the black color in India :(.
Black is just launched and one of our members from Bangalore will soon have one. Don't want to break the suspense.
Old 15th January 2010, 07:11   #137
BHPian

Verna touched 200 kmph?! Was it safe?

Quoted in part for clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
My Verna easily touches 200kmph ( speedo) , even Accent CRDi - I could easily touch 170 (speedo and max 180kmph- I have done). Anyone who has floored the pedal for a pretty long time- please, let know what max speed could you achieve.
On which road in India did you manage to reach 200 kmph?! Was it safe?
Old 15th January 2010, 15:00   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
- The "DUH - Moose effect" period : Well i quite dont know how to explain this, but "Moose" from Archie Comics would be of some help. Sometimes when I depress the pedal hard to accelerate fast, the car goes into (what I call ) the "DUH - Moose effect" for a second or so and then responds to the need of the driver. It actually seems like :-
"I am ZAPPED.................... DUH...............processing command ........................ Dunno why these stupid junkies need sudden speed........... well lets give it to them anyways" !
WOW! I am so surpirsed on how do you manage to express this beheviour so perfectly! I have an ANHC AT and sometimes, I do feel the same and I was wanting words to express this....great!

So, is it like, all ATs display this kind of beheviour when flogged hard?

Cheers
Pratim
Old 15th January 2010, 18:27   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
WOW! I am so surpirsed on how do you manage to express this beheviour so perfectly! I have an ANHC AT and sometimes, I do feel the same and I was wanting words to express this....great!

So, is it like, all ATs display this kind of beheviour when flogged hard?

Cheers
Pratim
You need to press the pedal deeper to trigger DBW/ECU electronics to execute a kick-down. Yes one would feel some delay in response. This is more so in D mode and is when paddle-shifters/tip-tronic come in handy. Use 'S' mode otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks