Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:47   #16
BHPian

Congratulations on your buy! I am sure she will serve you well.
Old 6th November 2008, 11:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaGsTerrr View Post
Thanks everyone

I need you guys information regarding the Tyre prices.
I was quoted 4200/piece for the PP2's (195/60 R14), and 3200/piece
for the Yokohama S Drive (195/60 R14). What do you guys think about the price? Will I get a better deal if I purchase from Bangalore or Chennai?
Also please let me know which one is better of the two.

Cheers
dragsterrr
Here is another choice for you : BF Goodrich GForce Sport 195/60R14 Rs.3500 per tire.
Old 6th November 2008, 16:03   #18
aZa
Senior - BHPian

undead can put up some pics of this BFG tyre. I've heard good things about it from our online tyreGURU
Old 6th November 2008, 16:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
undead can put up some pics of this BFG tyre. I've heard good things about it from our online tyreGURU
Here you are ..
Booked GetZ CRDi - Electric Red!!-dscn0660-medium.jpg

Booked GetZ CRDi - Electric Red!!-dsc00193.jpg

These are 'V' rated Performance Tires and offer good grip and high speeds and on corners.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, 6.16L is quite cheap, out here in Hyderabad it is 6.43L
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Its 6.67 in Bangy. so be happy that you have to pay 20k less.
Exxxactly... Folks from both states should be super happy.. 6.67 is a very high price when compared to Kerala... Damn the B'lore road tax levels..
Old 8th November 2008, 13:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dRaGsTerrr on choosing Getz CRDi. This is a wonderful car for the price.
Man you are very lucky to get the car for 6.16. Here in KA its 6.67 because of over 14% road tax .
First upgrade the tires on some light weight alloy wheels. You will have decent grip and acceleration will be teriffic.
Old 8th November 2008, 22:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats dRaGsTerrr on choosing Getz CRDi. This is a wonderful car for the price.
Man you are very lucky to get the car for 6.16. Here in KA its 6.67 because of over 14% road tax .
First upgrade the tires on some light weight alloy wheels. You will have decent grip and acceleration will be teriffic.
Thanks djay
Ah the tax, its 6% down here. In Bangalore they are taking this much and even then the road network is not improving proportional to the growing motor population. Last time I was there, it took me 1.5 hours just to cross electronics city!! What is the status of the elevated highway that was coming up? Is it finished?

I came across one particular brand of alloys called 'Power' which looks similar to the one Undead has put on. Am not sure whether it is lightweight or not!!
You heard about that brand? Is it good?
Old 10th November 2008, 15:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks djay
Ah the tax, its 6% down here. In Bangalore they are taking this much and even then the road network is not improving proportional to the growing motor population. Last time I was there, it took me 1.5 hours just to cross electronics city!! What is the status of the elevated highway that was coming up? Is it finished?

I came across one particular brand of alloys called 'Power' which looks similar to the one Undead has put on. Am not sure whether it is lightweight or not!!
You heard about that brand? Is it good?
Yes the roads are poor in many parts of bangalore. On saturday got a Polk Audio DB124 subwoofer fitted. Man the bass is huge and many accessory guys here say that when it comes to music (some acoustic...) getz is best in a hatchback. I am getting a feeling as if i am sitting in a theatre.
I dont know about the completion of highway in elect city as i dont travel there.

I am not aware of Power branded alloys. I suggest you to buy lenso/league/P&W/H&R as they are tested on indian roads.

My car is running on P&W alloys and they are very strong. Recently went over a speedbraker at over 100KMPH+ in the night. Checked the alloys and they are fine.

Last edited by djay99 : 10th November 2008 at 15:06.
Old 10th November 2008, 21:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
On saturday got a Polk Audio DB124 subwoofer fitted. Man the bass is huge and many accessory guys here say that when it comes to music (some acoustic...) getz is best in a hatchback. I am getting a feeling as if i am sitting in a theatre.
Do post the pics of your ICE setup.
Me too planning to go for polk setup. Probably components in the front as many in our team have suggested, and ovals in the rear.
No plans for sub at least for now. But if I end up saving some extra bucks will go for sub. For that I have shortlisted JBL CS1204T and GT5A604. Haven't auditioned the polk subs yet.

Anyone here know's good place in tvm where I can get the ICE done?
I know a couple of shops here, but not sure which is the best.
das bhai, any particular suggestions??
Old 13th November 2008, 22:21   #25
BHPian

Help on ICE

I was watching the ICE thread for a quite a few weeks (still doing!!) and
am not able to finalize which all components should I go for. As I guess this post is not yet ready to go into ICE section, I am posting it here.
My decision so far is to go for a front sound stage setup as suggested by navin bhai, LBM, B&T, sameer bhai, gunbir etc. (better known as gurus in here ). I have never experienced a front sound stage set up, so thought of going for it.
I am planning to install Hertz comp in front and have still not decided to install the rear fill at the factory location or just leave it as such. For the front comps I might be buying the cheapest sony 2 channel amp (donno the model) and for low frequencies almost decided on JBL CS-1205 coupled with JBL amp. We have a very limited option here in Trivandrum and almost no shops have heard of illusion, hertz etc. Only one guy has Hertz and kicker, and he was pushing me to go for kenwood, sony..

These is the quote I got for the components planned as of now.

HU :: Alpine iDA-X100 Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - iDA-X100
-- This could be bought from US for around 10000 Rs.

Front Components
:: Hertz Energy ESK-165L --> 7400 Rs
Rear Fill :: JBL 6'' (forgot the model) --> 2600 Rs
Sony Amp(for comp) :: --> 2900 Rs

Sub + Amp :: JBL Basstube CS-1205T + Some JBL amp which he said now available from JBL as a package (but never heard of such a thing before, whatever!) + Boss wires --> 11500 Rs

All with free installation.

What do you guys think?? Am I going in the right direction?
Old 14th November 2008, 11:08   #26
BHPian

Congrats on the choice of car... As we discussed today, this is the best hatch in India, if you are ready to pay a little more dough...

For ICE, if you want a JBL setup you could try AM in Cochin, I had done my old Palio there and they are good. Or else if you do make the trip to Cochin, the best guys, as I have heard here, is Emperor at Palarivattom. Many here would vouch for their quality installs.

Do let me know when the car comes...
Old 14th November 2008, 11:35   #27
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Congrats on the choice of car... As we discussed today, this is the best hatch in India, if you are ready to pay a little more dough...

For ICE, if you want a JBL setup you could try AM in Cochin, I had done my old Palio there and they are good. Or else if you do make the trip to Cochin, the best guys, as I have heard here, is Emperor at Palarivattom. Many here would vouch for their quality installs.

Do let me know when the car comes...
Thanks man.
Thanks for the advise, me too thinking of going to cochin..Heard about galaxy a lot. Will let you know when the car comes. Maybe we can go for a road trip . I really need some help to choose the stuff!!
Any whether the emperor sells hertz and illusion??

Am waiting to meet jkdas bhai. I never knew he was in our building. Please do let me know when he is around.

Cheers,
dRaGsTerrr
Old 14th November 2008, 17:59   #28
BHPian

Sure thing. I am not sure if Emporer sells these brands. Some one here would definitely have an answer for that.

JK sits in Nila. Will meet him asap. Am sure JK will have more insight on where to get the ICE done.
Old 14th November 2008, 18:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I was watching the ICE thread for a quite a few weeks (still doing!!) and
------
HU :: Alpine iDA-X100 Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - iDA-X100
-- This could be bought from US for around 10000 Rs.

Front Components
:: Hertz Energy ESK-165L --> 7400 Rs
Rear Fill :: JBL 6'' (forgot the model) --> 2600 Rs
Sony Amp(for comp) :: --> 2900 Rs

Sub + Amp :: JBL Basstube CS-1205T + Some JBL amp which he said now available from JBL as a package (but never heard of such a thing before, whatever!) + Boss wires --> 11500 Rs

All with free installation.

What do you guys think?? Am I going in the right direction?
Friend, my ersonal experience will suggest to avoid Sony Amp. You may go for Kenwood KAC 8401 for VFM amp.
I too hearing it first time about this JBL package. I had same JBL basstube in my NHC with Sony 4-ch amp. I would suggest the basstube only with nice powerful amp otherwise you can go for JBL GT5 Sub in the same price range. I had heard from many that Boss wires are crap, no personal experience.
Old 1st December 2008, 00:30   #30
BHPian

GetZ Delivered

Hi Team,

I took delivery of my GetZ CRDi last Thursday evening.cheers:
Till now in 3 days I have covered 500 KM flat and I think it is time to write the initial ownership report.

I had almost booked the swift when I decided on the purchase but I have no regrets now and am really proud to be owning one.
Thanks to the protracted waiting period of the Suzuki and the indifferent behavior of the fiat people.
The business with Hilton Hyundai has been excellent except the dealer discounts and freebies. No dealership is giving that much discount on
GetZ CRDi anyway. The sales guy was really good in particular and had enough technical knowledge about the car. Ask out for Sreejith if anyone is
going for a visit or test drives.
while taking the delivery I made sure the vehicle satisfies all the condition of our pre-delivery checklist and the car agreed to almost everything in the list.

The total cost of the car has been summarized below.

Cost On Road - 616256
Fog Lamps - 2800
195/60 R14 Yokohama ES100 - 12500 (after exchange) and the XM1+ was out of stock!!
Alloy wheels 14" platti(4 nos) - 15000
Registration - 300
Freebies - Autocop anti theft device, perfume mats etc..etc.

The first thing I have done after getting the delivery is to go straight to the tyre shop and change as per team's advise, so I can't compare the ride quality before/after!
The ride is really good on highways and I couldn't make the wheels lock till now. The control of the car is excellent. No dragging while cornering as I have read somewhere.

The acceleration is superb from second gear onwards and I feel like we can take the car to 100 KPH from zero in even less than 11.1 sec as many claims.
Even though there is no running in required for the engine as per Hyundai, I am not pushing the car that much for a better tomorrow.
The maximum I have took her is a neat 110 KPH on my journey to register at my native place. On this drive my mom really liked the frown on one NHC driver while I overtook him like a breeze starting from a signal!

The engine noise is really evident while I start the car after a long pause but it simply vanishes once I get moving. It is like magic and the noise filtering into the cabin is almost nil (compared to my previous suzuki's).

The performance figure I got till now is 20 KM/L (rough estimate, will check correctly after the first service)

All those good things said these negatives should also be told.
- The gear change to reverse is not that good and on the test ride vehicle it was a completely different story. I need to get this fixed on first service.
- There was a strange noise coming from the front driver side wheel after 300 KM while taking turns to the right. I was afraid that it was the wheel scrapping somewhere,
but my friend who is a mechanic found that it was not the wheels but a loosened nut under the car which made the hell of a sound. He just tightened it got it fixed!
- The headlight is pathetic on highways and needs immediate replacement.
- The mist formation on the outer surface of windshield is really annoying and forms really fast between each viper strokes (I am doubting the quality of glass), need
to buy the Bosch wiper blades.
- The left fog lamp is brighter than the other and needs to be replaced.
- The interior is very light colored and needs regular maintenance.
- After the change of tires the tires seems to be throwing the dirt up to the door handle and OVRM's and I assume a wider mudflap will solve this issue.

I would like to thank all the team members who had helped me finalize on GetZ, without which my purchase wouldn't have happened.
Don't have that much pics with me as I didn't get time till now to take her out for a photo shoot, Will post it a few days.

Cheers,
dRaGsTerrr

P.S : Mods, kindly change the thread topic to Booked GetZ CRDi - Electric Red!! - Now Delivered

Booked GetZ CRDi - Electric Red!!-dsc0030.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks