Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 14:44   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Hi guys,
Cons:
Reverse gear : The reverse gear is a bit sticky at times, hope things will be better as kms are covered. as i felt the same on my previous car.
Thereal, even I had faced similar issues in the begining. During my first service the clutch was bleeded and that has taken off the problem to a great extent. I am now living with 10% of the problem which I believe is going to go off with usage or I might get used to it
Old 31st December 2008, 13:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUM View Post
Thereal, even I had faced similar issues in the begining. During my first service the clutch was bleeded and that has taken off the problem to a great extent. I am now living with 10% of the problem which I believe is going to go off with usage or I might get used to it
Yes, SOUM. i have covered 3K kms occasionally i am facing the sticking reverse gear issue.
Hope it fades out completely over time
Old 5th January 2009, 11:47   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Yes, SOUM. i have covered 3K kms occasionally i am facing the sticking reverse gear issue.
Hope it fades out completely over time
Almost 1600 kms in a month, good going dude. Had any short trips or was it city driving only? Do share your experience on her behavior on the freeways. Did you ever put her to any performance test as of now? How did it go?

Infact, after clocking 1500 on the odo, I had put my Beauty for a couple of short burst of performance to feel how she behaves on the high revs. Could clock upto 160 kmph with ease and she was rock steady. Did not have the opportunity of stressing her beyond that level at Kolkata. Have plans to try it out on the GQ stretch. My soles also were in sync and performed remarkably well. She was glued to the road at that speed - courtesy Yokohama - ES100. Cornering was also appreciable.

The only casualty was the FE which dipped to 14.5 kmpl as against the normal average of 16 - 16.5

Last edited by GTO : 7th January 2009 at 14:54. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste from other word softwares.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:45   #94
BHPian

Quote:
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Almost 1600 kms in a month, good going dude. Had any short trips or was it city driving only? Do share your experience on her behavior on the freeways. Did you ever put her to any performance test as of now? How did it go?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Infact, after clocking 1500 on the odo, I had put my Beauty for a couple of short burst of performance to feel how she behaves on the high revs. Could clock upto 160 kmph with ease and she was rock steady. Did not have the opportunity of stressing her beyond that level at Kolkata. Have plans to try it out on the GQ stretch. My soles also were in sync and performed remarkably well. She was glued to the road at that speed - courtesy Yokohama - ES100. Cornering was also appreciable.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]The only casualty was the FE which dipped to 14.5 kmpl as against the normal average of 16 - 16.5[/FONT][/COLOR]

Good to hear about your performance test except for the casuality

Yes SOUM , I took my blacky for 470KM trip 2 weeks back it contained around 100 km of forest drive in the valleys and hills(can only be driven in 1st and 2nd gear most of the time) and some 70kms of up hill driving and the rest on highways with traffic

The performance was good except for the cases when car reaches from 30Kmph -60kmph speed (a variable vane turbo would have solved this issue) only at this time i feels the petrol counterparts and other variable vane counter parts overtake us quite easily

On a average blacky returned a mileage of 19.3kmpl for the entire trip
Old 6th January 2009, 22:40   #95
BHPian

I have been noticing oflate that when I crank my VDi engine after a long interval, the car comes alive and the idle RPM shows around 900. Later on once the normal engine temp shows up on the temp gauge, the RPM falls down to 800. Is this normal? If yes then can anyone please explain as to why it happens.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:08   #96
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely normal. Relax !!!
Old 12th January 2009, 14:14   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Absolutely normal. Relax !!!
Thanks Eddy for the words of comfort. Any idea on why it happens like that?

BTW, my uncle who drives a Swift VXi says that his car shows an abnormal high RPM on the tacho in the morning (first cranking in the morning) and reaches around 1600. After a couple of minutes, it eases out to 800 / 900 level.

Can anyone throw some light on this issue please?
Old 12th January 2009, 15:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

the car needs to warm up every morning in order to reach ideal running temperature. it is normal - nothing to worry about. all MPFi cars have this feature.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:19   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, my uncle who drives a Swift VXi says that his car shows an abnormal high RPM on the tacho in the morning (first cranking in the morning) and reaches around 1600. After a couple of minutes, it eases out to 800 / 900 level.

Can anyone throw some light on this issue please?
This might help
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dzire-zxi.html
Old 14th January 2009, 16:18   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thanks a lot guys for your help and feedback. I can now breath easy and feel relaxed. I would still wait for somebody to come up with the technicalities for this design aspect of the ECU.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:38   #101
BHPian

Hi guys,

I took my beauty for a 400 odd Km trip to Kodaikannal..
will update you the FE details soon.
stay tuned.
Old 17th January 2009, 15:06   #102
BHPian

The Details

Kms-441
FE- 19
Old 24th January 2009, 15:52   #103
BHPian

She is growing up..... Has crossed the 2K mark.
Posting some pictures.

She is really getting glamorous.... See to believe
Attached Thumbnails
Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-bb_1.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-bb_2.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-dscn0814.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th January 2009 at 16:18.
Old 24th January 2009, 17:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
She is growing up..... Has crossed the 2K mark.
Posting some pictures.

She is really getting glamorous.... See to believe

mate she really is looking very nice and shiny like new.
black looks best when clean and waxed like this.
Old 24th January 2009, 18:48   #105
Senior - BHPian

Black looks stunning. The wheels really suit the car.

Is that a MGA Dzire grille ?

Most Viewed