Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 20:20   #16
BHPian

Congrats JRD, Being a spark owner myself, I can vouch that you will enjoy this car.
Old 8th November 2008, 00:07   #17
BHPian

Hey JRD, nice choice man!cheers: I am very impressed with the spark, infact found it better than UVA in some aspects. Also I enquired that ICY BLUE colour has been discontinued in the spark. That's the colour I wanted to book.
Old 8th November 2008, 00:24   #18
BHPian

Congts man. Great car Spark is. have seen very less white color on road and this one looks better then other colors in spark.

Do post few more pics from inside and out of the car.
Old 8th November 2008, 00:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Well the car has gone to the accesory shop for tints and ICE and will take it for tyre swap in the evening. (came with apollo's!! )
Congrat's JRD - I've just booked one for my Dad at Gallops - but we're not family friends - so we've been given a wait period .

If I remember correctly - the spark comes shod with tubeless Apollo Accelere. They offer a good grip and braking - personal experience. Most other manufacturers offer the Apollo Amazer as OE fitment - This tyre sucks! With the Acceleres you're much better off - especially if your mother's going to be the primary user.

wishing your mother happy motoring!
Old 8th November 2008, 00:38   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the new car JRD! Sparky is a good car
Old 8th November 2008, 01:15   #21
BHPian

Congrats on the new car, looks cool! Did you get the three year TMP with the Spark and what kind of discount did the dealer offer?
Old 8th November 2008, 18:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefls View Post
Congrats on the new car, looks cool! Did you get the three year TMP with the Spark and what kind of discount did the dealer offer?
Three year TMP is not for free, if you see the Ad in news paper you would notice a small *next to free 3 year TMP. They charge around 9-10k extra for this.
Old 8th November 2008, 19:23   #23
BHPian

Congrats JRD on the great decision! The spark is quite good in quality. But the one thing i don't like about it is the center console.
Old 11th November 2008, 12:31   #24
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post

Do post few more pics from inside and out of the car.
Definitely will do. Am waiting for my Digi SLR to come back. my brother's client has taken it to italy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
If I remember correctly - the spark comes shod with tubeless Apollo Accelere. They offer a good grip and braking - personal experience. Most other manufacturers offer the Apollo Amazer as OE fitment - This tyre sucks! With the Acceleres you're much better off - especially if your mother's going to be the primary user.
Too Late! Got Michelin XM1's installed the very second day. Apollo's were comfy but did'nt want any compromise in ride and comfort so went with michelins. PS: they make a substantial difference in the cars ride and rolling distances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefls View Post
No i did not get the TMP, I got all the handling and other dealer charges waived so not a very big discount but yes i did get the car in 2 days.

OTR Ahmedabad Rs 3.64L + floor mats + Teflon Coat (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Congrats on the new car JRD! Sparky is a good car
LOL Yes i too call it SparKY! Its a very nice vehicle to live with. I traded my corolla with mom yesterday to take the spark out for the evening. But she took back the keys immediately
Old 11th November 2008, 20:23   #25
bkm
BHPian

What FE you are getting JRD?
Old 11th November 2008, 20:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats JRD for buying a wonderful car.
Old 12th November 2008, 07:52   #27
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
What FE you are getting JRD?
I put 18ltrs Hp regular unleaded and the car till now has done 182 kms and the fuel guage shows about quarter of the tank left. So my guess is it will give about 14-15kmpl. Lets see in the next two days.
Old 15th November 2008, 13:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Have you taken her out for a long(ish) drive yet? I have an LT too (Black), and have been planning a trip to Coimbatore/Coorg/Anywhere just for the drive. Love the car. Congratulations!
PS> Mine came with and still have MRF tubeless tyres which seem quite hard and are a bit noisy especially on broken/worn stretches of road. I read in the forums that the Apollos were better, so asked the dealers to change em before delivery, but they declined. Maybe I should have been more insistent(?)
I also really enjoy the solid thunk with which the doors close. Impresses most Maruti and Hyundai owners (hatchbacks, that is).
Do you find that the car needs to be revved a little harder when reversing with the steering at extremes? Must be the hydraulic power steering (opinion, gurus?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks