Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:40   #46
Team-BHP Support

@AE : Now that's a really sad thing to happen to a very new car! How deep is the scratch?
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:41   #47
BHPian

Well went up to the guys flat today, told him to come down and I wanted to talk to him in the parking area in front. He initially refused to come down, after calling out to him from the parking area he came down after some time. Looking at the guys face it was plain simple that he did it (I'm a decent judge of character and can also tell when a person is lying). Said what I had to say to him for the next 30 minutes, all the tenants watching. He didn't have the guts to try anything again and don't think he will attempt anything this crazy again with anyone elses car.
Shameless people like this man are a leech to society. It's plain jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@AE : Now that's a really sad thing to happen to a very new car! How deep is the scratch?
Pretty deep my friend, I'll post some snaps on the forum later to take advise from you all. I'll also take the car to the 3M car detailing chaps and see if they can do something with rubbing compound.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:12.
Old 23rd November 2008, 15:04   #48
BHPian

AE: very sad to hear this. I can understand the agony - something similar happened to my Zen long ago. Only it was some bunch of naughty school children instead of jealous neighbor. Take care and keep your cool.
How many sections have got affected? Because paint job will cost you by the section.
Old 23rd November 2008, 15:26   #49
BHPian

Sad to hear this had a similiar experience as you autoenthusiast,but the worst part the scratches were done by a 60yr old Doctor .
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Sad to hear this had a similiar experience as you autoenthusiast,but the worst part the scratches were done by a 60yr old Doctor .
Yogi, you may have just about frightened me away from going to the doctor ever again!

Sorry to hear about the scratches man. You should have banged that guys head on a wall . He must have had some nerve doing what he did. Either that or hes obviously not very mentally stable.
I thought that the real dangers to our cars where the random idiots on other vehicles that ply on Indian roads. Now apparently they've started causing damage when they're not on their silly vehicles.
If your sure that this is the chap then why don't u make him pay for the repair costs. I dont see why you should be paying for this. Technically speaking its a crime, not an accident. As responsible drivers and car owners I think its up to us to be strong in these issues and teach all these wrong doers a strong lesson.
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
AE: very sad to hear this. I can understand the agony - something similar happened to my Zen long ago. Only it was some bunch of naughty school children instead of jealous neighbor. Take care and keep your cool.
How many sections have got affected? Because paint job will cost you by the section.
Hmmmmm, it's all 3 4 sections my friend, front, front door, rear door, rear.
Gotta take it to a professional paint guy and see if rubbing compound helps.

Quote:
Darn that's crazy. I wonder what gets into people at that age, instead of mellowing down they tend to get childish. This chap was a 55 year old frustrated chap. I believe he has a handicapped son and a daughter who works in an IT firm. At that age with kids so onld and responsibilities I don't see how people can't grow up instead of behaving like baboons.
Wonder what kind of people we have in this world, total leeches.

I got so pissed with this chap today, that I put a stone in his hand and told him if he had the guts to scratch my vehicle in front of me rather than scratching my vehicle in the dark like a pussy, and if he wants to live another day he better not touch my vehicle again. Gave him a good telling for 30 minutes in front of all the building occupants. Actually felt like breaking a few bones in his body, but somehow held back.

Guys I'm wondering, does it help to have the touch sensitive burglar alarm in your car ? The kind when you touch it the alarm goes off ? I just got the Fiesta Autocop installed in my vehicle, but it doesn't have this feature.
Maybe that would atleast help in these kind of intances, though it might have quite a few cons (alarm going off unnecessarily when children touch your vehicle by mistake, a dog brushing by your vehicle etc.).

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:10.
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Hmmmmm, it's all 3 4 sections my friend, front, front door, rear door, rear.
Gotta take it to a professional paint guy and see if rubbing compound helps.

Darn that's crazy. I wonder what gets into people at that age, instead of mellowing down they tend to get childish. This chap was a 55 year old frustrated chap. I believe he has a handicapped son and a daughter who works in an IT firm. At that age with kids so onld and responsibilities I don't see how people can't grow up instead of behaving like baboons.
Wonder what kind of people we have in this world, total leeches.

I got so pissed with this chap today, that I put a stone in his hand and told him if he had the guts to scratch my vehicle in front of me rather than scratching my vehicle in the dark like a pussy, and if he wants to live another day he better not touch my vehicle again. Gave him a good telling for 30 minutes in front of all the building occupants. Actually felt like breaking a few bones in his body, but somehow held back.
Shameless frustrated old guy.He never do that again to anyone.I am sorry for your car Glenn.I know how bad you feel especially its a brand new car.
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I'm wondering, does it help to have the touch sensitive burglar alarm in your car ? The kind when you touch it the alarm goes off ? I just got the Fiesta Autocop installed in my vehicle, but it doesn't have this feature.
Maybe that would atleast help in these kind of intances, though it might have quite a few cons (alarm going off unnecessarily when children touch your vehicle by mistake, a dog brushing by your vehicle etc....).
These systems are also sensitive to sound if I'm not mistaken autoenthusiast. I remember my neighbour had such a system installed in his car, and it used to go off everytime there was thunder when it rained! When he first bought the car it used to go off everytime his dog barked near the car, or when I pressed the horn in my car when near his vehicle . I think the sensitivity level of the sytsem can be adjusted, cause after a couple of weeks it didnt respond to the horn anymore .
And the touch sensitive system will drive you crazy if you decide to park the car on some small crowded street, cause every tom, dick, harry and their dogs will also be placing their fingerprints/ pawprints all over your car while passing by.
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
If your sure that this is the chap then why don't u make him pay for the repair costs. I dont see why you should be paying for this. Technically speaking its a crime, not an accident. As responsible drivers and car owners I think its up to us to be strong in these issues and teach all these wrong doers a strong lesson.
Unfortunately I don't have an eye witness who saw him do it, but he was the only guy in the complex who had a problem with my parking inside (it's a building where my uncle/aunt have a flat and this guy is a fairly recent tenant). Thinks he's the king of the place. If I had one eye witness I'd have made him pay thru the nose for the damages, plus also called the cops. Anyways had to make do with giving him a sound telling for 30 minutes, don't think he'd get the guts to touch somebody elses car again.
In the complex none of the parking spots are reserved for anyone and anybody can park anywhere, but this sadistic chap had an issue with me parking my vehicle inside (I stayed with my Uncle/Aunt for 2 days).
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have an eye witness who saw him do it, but he was the only guy in the complex who had a problem with my parking inside (it's a building where my uncle/aunt have a flat and this guy is a fairly recent tenant). Thinks he's the king of the place. If I had one eye witness I'd have made him pay thru the nose for the damages, plus also called the cops. Anyways had to make do with giving him a sound telling for 30 minutes, don't think he'd get the guts to touch somebody elses car again.
In the complex none of the parking spots are reserved for anyone and anybody can park anywhere, but this sadistic chap had an issue with me parking my vehicle inside (I stayed with my Uncle/Aunt for 2 days).
when you were shouting at him - what did he say - did he just hear you or deny it outright or what - you should record such stuff with your cell voice recorder and if he admits use it as proof with the police - hate such s*its
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
when you were shouting at him - what did he say - did he just hear you or deny it outright or what - you should record such stuff with your cell voice recorder and if he admits use it as proof with the police - hate such s*its
Well he was more of a complacent listener, and was mildly denying he did it and saying go find the person who did it. But it was pretty obvious that he did it, unfortunately I didn't have evidence otherwise I'd have filed a compliant against him and also made him pay for the repairs (maybe even broken a few of his bones myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
And the touch sensitive system will drive you crazy if you decide to park the car on some small crowded street, cause every tom, dick, harry and their dogs will also be placing their fingerprints/ pawprints all over your car while passing by.
Hmmmm darn :-(

Maybe it might have a way of reprogramming it when you need the touch sensitive feature (when you park in neighbourhoods with creeps of the kind I encountered) and de-activating the touch feature when you don't require it (with a long press of the activate button)? Gotta find out and check it up.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:07.
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:11   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Parking is a pain in the backside man. I do believe that reserved parking in an apartment is necessary, but then there are people who insist on certain spots and its again a whole lot of nonsense. Plus people expect to have spots reserved for 2 or 3 cars leaving people buying a new car (it happened with me) having no choice but to park in the last damn spot available and adjusting to everyone else s unwillingness to compromise.
Sorry man no clue about the alarm system. My knowledge about it goes as far as saying that I used to honk just to get the alarm going of the other chaps car when he used to keep blocking my car's exit route. But yeah, it is adjustable, though I dont know in what ways.

Quote:
Hmmmm darn :-(

Maybe it might have a way of reprogramming it when you need the touch sensitive feature (when you park in neighbourhoods with creeps of the kind I encountered) and de-activating the touch feature when oyu don't require it (with a long press of the activate button) ? Gotta find out and check it up.
And as proven by the random weirdo/idiot who decided to do his fingernails on your car, you honestly, honestly, honestly (and I'm not exaggerating by saying it thrice), will never ever know when the hell your gonna need to turn on the alarm for your car.
I feel like Ive been banging my head a lot lately on these team-bhp forums. Wonder whats happening to the world.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:05.
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:58   #58
BHPian

Hey autoenthusiast, post some pics of your ride dude. I never quite saw the aquarius blue in flesh when i went n bought the S so i ended up buying white.
Old 23rd November 2008, 20:27   #59
BHPian

Really sorry glenn for what has happened, i know how it feels. I have a deep scratch in my car too, which ford quoted 10,000 to fix.

They very next day me too enquired about some security system.. but later thought it wont stop them either. I'm now even thinking of a CCTV surveillance

Last edited by sathee46 : 23rd November 2008 at 20:28.
Old 23rd November 2008, 20:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Really sorry glenn for what has happened, i know how it feels. I have a deep scratch in my car too, which ford quoted 10,000 to fix.
Heck that's bad man, I feel for you too. Ever in future if I catch a guy red handed doing that, he's going to have an extended stay in ICU.
Darn, I don't know what's wrong with people. Instead of admiring a nice looking car, they do the opposite.

Quote:
Jeez, I hope you managed to break a few limbs of the doctor, maybe he could treat himself with a cast then. Did you finally manage to repair the scratches ?

Ok Guys, on another note. Some good news.

I finished the initial 1000Km yesterday on my 1.6S and on the expressway today had quite a bit of liberty with the accellerator pedal. Took the car till 140kmph (rpm around approx 3500 to 3800) and she's darn stable, the car cruises so very peacefully that you hardly feel that you are at such a speed. Also did a few short bursts from standstill and took the car to around 4000 - 4500 rpm and love the roar of the engine. She also accellerates like a beast past 3500 rpm.
Now waiting for 1500km on the odometer and then going to let her loose some more. A long driving holiday planned in December.

Pros at high speeds
1. The vehicle is very smooth, engine noise very minimal (though she gives a lovely roar which is music to the ears when you accellerate through the gears at around 4000 - 4500rpm).
2. Handling exceptional, steering response really good and the car does surprise you with it's exceptional handling. Responds very well on the curvy stretches of roads.
3. Suspension feels really up to the task at high speeds and does give you quite a touch of confidence.
4. Brakes seem pretty good and you do feel they have enough stopping power for the vehicle.

Cons at high speeds
1. Wind noise filters into the cabin
2. Tyre noise at high speeds.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2008 at 21:02.

Most Viewed