Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 09:21   #16
BHPian

A good review! For a Ferrari fan, its a little disappointing to see that the car is not in the same league as the other horses of the stable. However, I guess that 'female's Ferrari' seems like a valid point to me.
Personally, I like the stacked exhausts but I think the overall design is a little bland.
Thanks for the great write up!
Old 11th November 2008, 11:17   #17
BHPian

First up, this very clearly was badged as an impression of the vehicle and not an all out review. Correct?

I agree with Brosreview here, and I'm a Ferrari fan, no, worshiper. If Ferrari intended to make this a Grand Cruiser then they should have thought about the smaller things. The backseat resembles a sauna bench, and yes, i do see the point of highlighting the legroom factor. Obviously this car is NOT meant for the track. Fine. Which means that at the premium you pay, you have to get a car that is at least usable in your day to day activities.

At a decent seating position in the front passenger seat, you'd have to be a SMURF to get into the backseat. Refer the pic

Ferrari has even give it a name that characterizes it's purpose. Top down (the car, not the occupants), couple of friends, music blaring and a cruise down the beach side roads. This car was not meant to a typical Ferrari. Think of it as the rebel child who ran away from strict parents at Maranello to enjoy a more relaxed life on the beaches of the sunny state of California.

Last edited by Nitronium : 11th November 2008 at 11:22.
Old 12th November 2008, 03:14   #18
BHPian

@Amien - Hey there, thanks for reading and appreciating. Probably, and we stress probably, if we manage to get our hands on it for a couple of hours we "might" change our minds. But, as of now, we are disheartened.

We agree with no truly elegant models leaving the Ferrari stable. But, as always, looks are subjective.

As you wrote, it is the iconic badge that is elevating the expectation(s).

Believe us, we are in the same confused stand on the current Ferraris.

@prateekswarup - Hey there, thanks for reading and appreciating. It has been disappointing to us too. But, then, we cannot compromise on the dislike because of the immense love. That would be a dishonest expression.

@Nitronium
- Hey there, thanks for reading. Yes, it is titled as our impressions.

Exactly, that's why we stressed on the leg-room issue.

The "rebel child" reference is good.

Last edited by Brosreview : 12th November 2008 at 03:20.
Old 18th November 2008, 10:53   #19

very straight forward opinions.Being a Ferrari fan, am disappointed.Ferrari should have given importance on smaller things also. Thanks for the great write up.

Most Viewed