Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 18:43   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Innova was running arround 90 km/h and so was my palio, everything was smooth and then there was a big rock on the road which was probably left by the truckers(when they repair the truck), which innova cleard becuse of high ground clearance and i could not , and at that speed i couldn`t even apply the brakes , no reaction time and ,....! , There was this BIG NOISE bang and i felt like something hit underneath the car
Dude, I seriously don't want to sound rude but that is exactly why they say follow the 3 second rule, atleast on the highways and better yet make it 5 seconds!!

And if you are learning to drive, no harm in taking some assistance while reversing. Remember you are not proving anything to anyone and neither have to. Please don't take offence, just my opinion. Thats exactly what my Dad said when he was teaching me how to drive!!

But really, this thread is updated almost daily with something or the other!! Gosh!! This is really painful, hope you get her back in shape soon.

Best of luck buddy!!
Old 20th November 2008, 20:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonobashi View Post
Garry, all the very best. However, I have solved your problem.

Your problem is not the car. Your problem is Sunny. Whenever he comes on the scene, it seems like all hell breaks loose. I am sure that if you think carefully about each and every mishap, and not just with the Palio, you will be able to trace a link to Sunny somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonobashi View Post
There's more but this is a mouthful anyway, and should keep you busy and your bank account empty for some time.

Seriously, good luck and hang in there!
You bet. When I first started reading the thread, I had also kept a count of how much you spent, but by the time I finished reading the thread, I lost the count. You have definately spent a bomb on this one. In that much money, you could have pete'd you car, with an Automech FFE and a lot more. Phew. I salute you for your patience with the car.

Though how much ever I tell you, I am following your foot steps. I bought mine in July 08 and have already spent 16K on alternator replacement, both front disc replacement and fixing the fifth gear slip issue. This is inspite of the fact that the car was very well maintained by the previous owner, no doubt.
Old 20th November 2008, 20:30   #48
BHPian

Just read the entire thread! My heart goes out to you dude! I completely understand the love and hate part, having been there with my Uno. After a troublesome 4 to 5 months with carburetor problems, AC leakage and the general uneasiness of having a non reliable car, I finally crossed the lean phase. It's been 6 months now and apart from a broken hand brake cable (750/-), I haven't had to go to the garage. The trick is to find a competent workshop and stick to it.
Anyways, here's hoping that you've come out of your lean phase! All the best!
Old 20th November 2008, 22:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Gary bhai. Goodluck.
I wish your bank balance supports your cars appetite for funds.
cheers:
Old 20th November 2008, 22:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

What I also observed that at most of the places where he received an estimate, he has used the word 'only'. Only Rs.9000, Only Rs. 6000 and so on. You have a very big heart.

P.S.Garry Bhai, recession is already here.
Old 21st November 2008, 00:09   #51
BHPian

Misunderstood...!

Hi Guys ,
Let me tell you one thing for sure that i am not pissed off by the car but the people who are responsible for the service and spares.

@Rudah: hi , please let me know how and where to complain and i would be the first one to do so. And not trying to be rude , but i have just expressed my experience with the car. I still love the car and would love to go for long drives in the same but the ownership experience has not been as good as it would have been with a Maruti(wide service network). And i believe FINNEYP also answered the reason for spares not being available.

@banobashi: thanks for the tantrik suggestion , i wont follow that , however once fixed i will definately take the car to a nearby mandir and get some puja done.
I never go for those cheaper parts and the only parts i ever use be original only. The checks you were talking about are already been done , they were the first things in my list when i bought the car.

@esteem lover: You are true as the car is not the only thing you should look for , in INDIA the after sales service is also a very important factor and i think there is no one better than MARUTI.

@hrag: Are you talking about the DEOL brothers.

@Dry_ice: Its not that i am learning to drive, its just that the pothole was not visible , it went under the car and while reversing i had to turn the car and the front wheel fell in it. Its ok i dont mind as i dont have to prove anything to anyone , my skills are alredy known to people who know me.

@vinit.merchant: Congrats on the car and dude these GTX`s are fuel Guzzlers so make sure you dont keep them thirsty, always drive with at least half the tank full for better perfomance. You are located in Pune so dont worry about the spare parts as most of them are manufactured in pune for FIAT.

@prateekswaroop: One thing i have noticed is that most of the FIAT owners are from south india , i think i am the only one from delhi. And spares is a big problem here.
Old 21st November 2008, 00:32   #52
BHPian

My heart goes out to you bro, because i can actually feel and know what exactly you might be going through as i have been there done that!!
Quite co-incidently the chain of events and the parts being replaced are the same as i experienced with my Ikon which i too bought second-hand, and had a lot of love for it but that has reduced due the amount of money spent on maintenence, frankly i had spent more than a lakh plus and then lost count and my car still looks and runs stock.
Old 21st November 2008, 00:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Garry bhai,

Your story reminds me of my first vehicle, a second-hand scooter. I bought it for Rs 7,000 and had to spend Rs 3,500 within 2 months of buying it to get it fixed. But, after that, it was sheer joy! Probably more joy than the three vehicles after it!

You are not the only Fiat 1.9D owner in Delhi (and also not the only one with problems). If you require help, PM me and I shall pass on the number of a gentleman with four Fiats in his house including a Palio 1.9D and Petra 1.9D, both going strong after 1 lakh kms.

That said, I believe the person who sold this car to you sold it off hastily when his mechanic predicted major repairs which he had probably been putting off for too long already, hence those breakdowns! Please shift to a better Service Centre if possible.

And I appreciate the fact that you love your car despite all this.
Old 21st November 2008, 02:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

somehow I feel you should consider selling off this car and go for something else. With so much of damage and repair work I sense that there will more trouble on the way. Probably the car was not maintained properly before and all the troubles started showing up one by one. I've bought second hand cars and I can tell you that although there will be some trouble, it won't be as serious and consecutive as what happened to you(only major trouble I got from my car was a jammed clutch which needed to be replaced and that was at around 60k kms). So better get it replaced now itself.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
somehow I feel you should consider selling off this car and go for something else. So better get it replaced now itself.
Its difficult to sell a second owner car nowadays.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:31   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Well then what can I say, its plain simple unfortunate!! Have you kept track of how much have you already spent on her after the purchase?? In a spreadsheet or something?

Best of luck dude, hope these unfortunate events stop finding you and your car!!!
And she starts giving you the joy you bought her for!!
Old 21st November 2008, 11:52   #57
BHPian

Hi Garry,

You can mail FIAT Service at service@fiapl.com.
Tel: +91 2138 672764

You can contact Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar, FIAT CSM who is very prompt in taking care for service related issues.

Cheers~
Old 21st November 2008, 16:38   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
@prateekswaroop: One thing i have noticed is that most of the FIAT owners are from south india , i think i am the only one from delhi. And spares is a big problem here.
Hey Garry!

I have driven my Uno at Noida for about 1.5 years before getting posted to Mysore.
At Noida, I used to have a brilliant mechanic at Maxx Motors, Sector 55 (near J.S.S. college). For all the tuning, washing and changes of brake and clutch cylinder and even replacing all my locks (some idiot at the petrol pump broke my fuel lid) of my ancient car, he was always ready to help and even got me spares at decent rates and quite quickly too. So, if you can find someone along the same lines, I'm sure most of your woes will be over!
Drive safe and good luck!
Old 21st November 2008, 19:58   #59
BHPian

I dont think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
somehow I feel you should consider selling off this car and go for something else. With so much of damage and repair work I sense that there will more trouble on the way. Probably the car was not maintained properly before and all the troubles started showing up one by one. I've bought second hand cars and I can tell you that although there will be some trouble, it won't be as serious and consecutive as what happened to you(only major trouble I got from my car was a jammed clutch which needed to be replaced and that was at around 60k kms). So better get it replaced now itself.
Hi kaushik i think, if i have spent so much of money at least i will keep it for another year , But yes i am looking for a new car and i dont think that i would be a Fiat.
Old 21st November 2008, 20:00   #60
BHPian

Note from Support: Please use MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE+ to reply to multiple posts. Please use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Its difficult to sell a second owner car nowadays.
you are absolutely right, so that plan is dropped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Well then what can I say, its plain simple unfortunate!! Have you kept track of how much have you already spent on her after the purchase?? In a spreadsheet or something?

Best of luck dude, hope these unfortunate events stop finding you and your car!!!
And she starts giving you the joy you bought her for!!
I hope so, any how i think i have spent almost 70000 bucks on this one , i realy regret the spending but not the devision to buy a palio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi Garry,

You can mail FIAT Service at service@fiapl.com.
Tel: +91 2138 672764

You can contact Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar, FIAT CSM who is very prompt in taking care for service related issues.

Cheers~
thank you for the information , will write a mail to him tonight from the office , May i know what is that number for , who will be available on that number and Mr.Mangesh , who is he CSM i didnt get that

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Hey Garry!

I have driven my Uno at Noida for about 1.5 years before getting posted to Mysore.
At Noida, I used to have a brilliant mechanic at Maxx Motors, Sector 55 (near J.S.S. college). For all the tuning, washing and changes of brake and clutch cylinder and even replacing all my locks (some idiot at the petrol pump broke my fuel lid) of my ancient car, he was always ready to help and even got me spares at decent rates and quite quickly too. So, if you can find someone along the same lines, I'm sure most of your woes will be over!
Drive safe and good luck!
If you have been following the thread, let me tell you that i have found someone already Mr.Farahim Khan(THE MAN). Thanks for the suggestion

Most Viewed