Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 21:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Garry,
Thanks. But even in Pune service is a problem. There is a guy in BU Bhandari who knows the car in and out but he is the manager and only points out what needs to be done. In the end, it is actually done by someone else, which creates problems.
I once took it to Pandit Auto for an Alternator replacement and they are yet to return me the old alternator. Its already 2 months. You can assume what they must be doing, you see.

Its not the Service centres or the close proximity to the Fiat factory that affects. What matters is the integrity and honesty of those working for these service centres. I should say that the staff at Pandit niether knows about Fiat cars nor do they appear honest enough to work on your car. I learnt it the expensive way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Hey Garry!

I have driven my Uno at Noida for about 1.5 years before getting posted to Mysore.
At Noida, I used to have a brilliant mechanic at Maxx Motors, Sector 55 (near J.S.S. college). For all the tuning, washing and changes of brake and clutch cylinder and even replacing all my locks (some idiot at the petrol pump broke my fuel lid) of my ancient car, he was always ready to help and even got me spares at decent rates and quite quickly too. So, if you can find someone along the same lines, I'm sure most of your woes will be over!
Drive safe and good luck!
He already has one. Fahim Bhai. I would say stick to this person for your repairs.
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:45   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Garry,
Thanks. But even in Pune service is a problem. There is a guy in BU Bhandari who knows the car in and out but he is the manager and only points out what needs to be done. In the end, it is actually done by someone else, which creates problems.
I once took it to Pandit Auto for an Alternator replacement and they are yet to return me the old alternator. Its already 2 months. You can assume what they must be doing, you see.

Its not the Service centres or the close proximity to the Fiat factory that affects. What matters is the integrity and honesty of those working for these service centres. I should say that the staff at Pandit niether knows about Fiat cars nor do they appear honest enough to work on your car. I learnt it the expensive way.

He already has one. Fahim Bhai. I would say stick to this person for your repairs.
i think you are right Vinit and its all about the people who handle your car, About PUNE i was just saying that the spares would be easily available in Pune and you wont have to wait like delhites for the spares for one month.
See if you can find ORIX , let me help you with the location:

Plot No.94, Marol Co-op Ind Estate, Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri (E),
Mumbai -400 059.
Old 22nd November 2008, 05:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
thank you for the information , will write a mail to him tonight from the office , May i know what is that number for , who will be available on that number and Mr.Mangesh , who is he CSM i didnt get that
Mangesh is Customer Services Manager, Fiat India.

Mail him the details, he will initiate the necessary action.
Old 22nd November 2008, 06:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Mangesh is Customer Services Manager, Fiat India.

Mail him the details, he will initiate the necessary action.
thanks buddy , i have already written a mail to him lets see what happens
Old 23rd November 2008, 08:50   #65
BHPian

Buying a new one..?

So guys, as you all know my story, need not to tell anyone that what kind of ownership i have had.
Now, i am looking for a new car and i am confused, the ownership experience might have been realy bad(might be because of the previous owner) but the car is a performer. I am stuck between Palio multijet, Indica Vista, Getz CRDI and Chev Yuva or i can also go for the ford Ikon Diesel.
The car would mostly be driven in City 100 km in a week and sometimes it may go for long drives around 400 to 500 km on highway, say once in three months.
Please give your suggestions , they are realy valued.
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So guys, as you all know my story, need not to tell anyone that what kind of ownership i have had.
Now, i am looking for a new car and i am confused, the ownership experience might have been realy bad(might be because of the previous owner) but the car is a performer. I am stuck between Palio multijet, Indica Vista, Getz CRDI and Chev Yuva or i can also go for the ford Ikon Diesel.
The car would mostly be driven in City 100 km in a week and sometimes it may go for long drives around 400 to 500 km on highway, say once in three months.
Garry, if you have finally decided to let go of your 1.9D, let me ask you a few questions:

1. If your choices are between both Petrol and Diesel models (looking at your monthly run of less than 1000 kms, why don't you include the Swift in your list?

2. If the Getz CRDi is on your list (at 6.1x OTR prices), why not look at the Swift ZXi (nice car, good performer and all safety equipment) or the Swift VDi ABS (will save you fuel money and still give you more fun!!)?

3. Besides the Swift, I would advise the Getz 1.3 GLX (except airbags, it is a spacious powerful hatch with ABS)

4. If you DON'T want the Swift / Getz, then take your pick between Ikon, Vista, Palio SDX. A TD will help. I suppose the service support for Vista and Ikon could be equally good / bad.

5. BTW, how much do you want to sell the 1.9D for? I could ask somebody ?

Last edited by architect : 23rd November 2008 at 22:49.
Old 24th November 2008, 00:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think you need a oil burner.
how about a petrol swift?
Old 24th November 2008, 01:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Fully agree. Take a palio 1.6. That will kick alot of a.s.s :-)

You honestly can just pull along right now man.

please remember that besides the midrange, petrols ARE faster than diesels.

Lastly, since you would be buying on EMI, buy cheap. Why pay tens of grand extra for something you would need years to recover.

PS: Fusion second hand? Or Ikon 1.6 second hand?
Old 24th November 2008, 02:42   #69
BHPian

i too feel a petrol car would be more feasible for the kind of running you have. dont spend extra for a diesel motor that you take years to recover cost.
consider petrol models also and start TD'ing your likes.
Old 24th November 2008, 02:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Fully agree. Take a palio 1.6. That will kick alot of a.s.s :-)

You honestly can just pull along right now man.

please remember that besides the midrange, petrols ARE faster than diesels.

Lastly, since you would be buying on EMI, buy cheap. Why pay tens of grand extra for something you would need years to recover.

PS: Fusion second hand? Or Ikon 1.6 second hand?
tao he has had it with fiat you pushing him towards another disaster
Old 24th November 2008, 11:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

oye dude, OHC VTec le le.

Delhi mein last year, one went for ~3.4L for a pristine one.
/Bengaluru boys: you can crib about delhi now
Old 24th November 2008, 11:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Ahh.. My first car was a Palio D and the same colour (Hazel Grey?) as well !!

Luckily for me, I didn't buy it second hand. Bought it first hand and so far after 5 years, the only trouble we had was a malfunctioning temperature sensor which was replaced under warranty. As usual, it took a week for the A.S.S to get the part. And then some rats ate the seat belt and central lock wiring for one of the doors.
Old 24th November 2008, 15:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Dude... wait for some time.. the Nano will do you good..!!

cheers:
Old 24th November 2008, 19:12   #74
BHPian

Hi Garry,

You can await a response from Mr. Mangesh and see how it helps you.

On the other hand, Palio Stile 1.6 is available at tempting price and so is Palio 1.3MJD!

Else you can wait for next month and stretch your budget for the new FIAT Linea 1.4 Petrol with all the new interiors and features!

Or Grande Punto in the mid 2009!

Note: This is only if you are obsessed with FIAT's ride quality!

Any car which has clocked more than 40K has gone in its wear and tear life! It is bound to ask for some replacements and repairs!

Remember no cars are perfect

Cheers~
Old 25th November 2008, 00:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
tao he has had it with fiat you pushing him towards another disaster
You bet

By the way, after spending so much already, are you really going for a new one?
If you have decided, then go for a Petrol version. Your monthly running does not warrant a Diesel Car. Maruti & Hyundai is the safest bet as far as A.S.S. is concerned. You can also think about the Spark (3 Yrs Maintenance free. This might tempt you ). Else Logan 1.4 Petrol is also good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks