Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey KVS congrats on your new beast, looks great in black. Wish you happy and safe motoring.
Old 24th November 2008, 00:13   #17
KVS
BHPian

First day in Safari..

Continued... Delivery of the vehicle.

I have asked the dealer to put the V-Kool sun film on all wind screens, in stead of Garware film (which was offered by the dealer, as part of the discount). The difference is 19K and I felt it is worth to have it. I got Teflon coating and Matting also as part of the discount from the dealer.

Delivery experience:
We reached Pandit Automotive, Tilak road by 11:45 AM. We were late by one hour, I forgot that I have to go by an Auto and can not take my Car. I purchased sweets and gifts for the sales people.

Quality of Service: Service quality is good. Mr Ramesh the manager and the Mr. Kaushik the Sales assistant were with us till we left with the vehicle.

Knowledge of the vehicle: I felt the service people does not have depth of knowledge. They were very eagar to finish their part of explanation. (Music system, controls, etc..).

Responsiveness: The people were very responsive and attended to each and every problem I pointed.

Documentation: They kept all the papers ready for signing, though they made silly mistakes in the documents. However they were quick to correct and print them again. Extended warranty booklet is not given. I need to collect it from them.

Cleaning and washing: Vehicle was cleaned and washed the car very well. Decorated it with the Garlands and Ribbons.

They did not fix the sun film properly. There were air packets, liquid and insects trapped between the glass and the film. They are going to remove the film and fix it again. Hope they fix it properly this time.

All the RTO formalities completed and Will receive the registration number tomorrow.

My friends inspecting the car
Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00849.jpg

Proud owners
Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00851.jpg

I took the car out at 2:30 PM from the show room and went directly for a drive on a near by hill. Our friends joined in the enjoyment and celebrations. Its time for photographs and get some dirt on the car.

Safari in its natural habitat:
Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00860.jpg

Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00863.jpg

Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00864.jpg

Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00865.jpg

Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00866.jpg

Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00868.jpg

Showing off 4X4 medal:
Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00862.jpg

Showing the first dust bath:
Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00875.jpg

After a hectic day finally rest in the parking:
Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00876.jpg

Heart rules over head. Booked, took the delivery of Black Safari VTT 2.2 VX 4X4-dsc00877.jpg

Cheers

KVS
Old 24th November 2008, 00:24   #18
BHPian

Very very interesting too see a write up from the intial decision part to your ownership. Great to see the pictures of your beast!!
Old 24th November 2008, 00:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase KVS! Black Safari looks too good and its a pleasantly surprising to note that you have opted for the 4X4 model!

Happy motoring and enjoy many more miles with the beast!

PS: Taking the safari right out to its natural habitat the first day and giving it a dust bath is quite a brave task i must say which normally many people wont do
Old 24th November 2008, 01:02   #20
BHPian

safari in black looks very aggressive!!
congrats and enjoy her stay with you. post some pics of the interiors also.
how was your experience with the 4x4 drive??
Old 24th November 2008, 07:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

KVS,

Congrats!

The vehicle is a stunner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the spare wheel cover doesnt seem to be visible in the pics. there was one with the vehicle right? ...
Good catch greenhorn. Not there from the very first pic. Guess they might be fixing it when it reaches the showroom. KVS - do look out for this.
Old 24th November 2008, 07:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

its there in the delivery pics. so not an issue i guess

KVS, do let us know the make and model no of the DVD player that came with your beast
Old 24th November 2008, 07:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

and off roading right out from the showroom nice
Old 24th November 2008, 07:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
its there in the delivery pics. so not an issue i guess ...
True; missed to notice that there was second page to the thread!

KVS, you are really putting the beast into its elements, arent you? Out of the showroom and onto the dusty road! Great going!

Happy motoring, buddy!
Old 24th November 2008, 09:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, the 2.2l count is increasing by the day, good that you bought the 4x4, enjoy it.
Old 24th November 2008, 09:58   #26
BHPian

Give us a No Problem Safari!!!

Badhai Ho!!!

I am waiting for the day when we'll not have to say "buying Safari is all about listening to the heart and not the head".
TML, it should be an eye opener for you...see how passionate people are about Safari! Get us a niggle free Safari now!

Happy and safe riding KVS!

Cheers!!!

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 24th November 2008 at 09:59.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pal. Welcome to the club.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:28   #28
BHPian

Wow!!

The black beauty is simply stunning! kudos to your attempt at Off Road!! cheers:
Wish you Happy Miles in this Mile Muncher! The back seats of Safari are simply the best for long drives.
Congratulation Again!!
Old 24th November 2008, 11:18   #29
BHPian

Safari looks great in Black.Enjoy your new ride.
Old 24th November 2008, 12:58   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, KVS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
KVS,

Congrats!

The vehicle is a stunner!

Good catch greenhorn. Not there from the very first pic. Guess they might be fixing it when it reaches the showroom. KVS - do look out for this.
The spare wheel cover is placed in the trunk/boot area while shipping. My first sighting of our car was at the RTO, when they asked me to come over for choosing the registration number. Didn't find the spare wheel cover on the car, and then found it sitting pretty with the protective plastic around it, within the trunk .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks