Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by enter View Post
Hi.

What is the mileage for you?
Have crossed 17200 KMS on the odometer. Average mileage in city is 13.5
Best mileage is 14.4
Highway best mileage is 17.7
(cannot resist revving on the highway. )
Old 27th November 2009, 15:39   #392
BHPian

Getting 18.2 in city & 24-26 on highway. 4520Km on the ODO till date.
Old 27th November 2009, 16:15   #393
BHPian

Bought the Astar last week. After I tanked up on the first day, have run 300 Kms so far and the fuel needle is 1 block below the half way mark. Even though its too early to check the mileage figures, I recon i'm getting around 13 - 15 kmpl in the city before the first service.
Old 30th November 2009, 17:11   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenrox View Post
Bought the Astar last week. After I tanked up on the first day, have run 300 Kms so far and the fuel needle is 1 block below the half way mark. Even though its too early to check the mileage figures, I recon i'm getting around 13 - 15 kmpl in the city before the first service.
That is o.k. It will improve after 3000km on ODO!
Old 1st December 2009, 01:30   #395
Senior - BHPian

I have an idea to buy a second car for the ladies at our home. We have a Ritz,The use of the second car is just to school and house and market.Want a small cheap and fe car.Any suggestions among A Star,Alto and 800.
Old 1st December 2009, 06:18   #396
Senior - BHPian

At one time, I seriously considered buying the A-STAR

Even now, the car is definitely a good buy.

To take away my luggage space woes and also make the car more of a highway cruiser, I thought up of this idea.

Since the car is short, it would make the car look really cool
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti A-Star review + test Drive-700767lrg.jpg  

Last edited by TheARUN : 1st December 2009 at 06:22. Reason: picture
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:05   #397
BHPian

Very good review,its definitely overpriced. Fuel efficiency is the only factor that will help A star sell, if at all it sells. Maruti will have to wait and watch if their caption "CANT HELP SHOWING OFF" is goin to do the job or not.
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:07   #398
Senior - BHPian

A-Star isn't a very popular car on Tbhp , is it? I wasn't able to find lot of info here on A-Star compared to other cars like for example i10 or Ritz.
Old 21st March 2010, 22:47   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
I had a test ride of A-star zxi at DD motors, mayapuri , new delhi

Engine:

Not at all quick. I couldnt believe that it was a 3 pot DOHC engine. Seriously, It was nothing special about it.

Brakes: Not at all Good i will give single star out of 5 for its ABS + EBD thingy..
while i was driving the car (ZXi) , i had emergency brakes at exactly 60 KMPH (ODO). Car skids like anything
Then again i tried the same at 70 kmph (ODO). Again the car skids. I seriously doubt if Maruti Suzuki is really fooling around or what?

In the 2nd skid, the car was over a small pothole and very loud sound of "THUUUDDD". I thought i ripped off the suspension or something related to it. lol

A car with ABS + EBD wont ever skid around like this at just 60-70 kmph.

Boot Space:
Very Very little.

Space Inside:
Cramped. My friend was sitting next to me (5.10 height) and he has to open his legs to open the dashboard. lol. When i was in the showroom, 2 guys were there in the rear seat and they asked me to pull the seat back just to check the space and i was not able to fully pull the seat back. they were around 6 footer. their head was touching the roof and also they were cramped in the rear.

I was shocked to see a car with ABS + EBD skidding around.

lol tutu dhawan is well prepared for telling everyone about his superb points on A-Star over Hyundai i10. So, Ahem Ahem..!! TUTU DHAWAN show = A-Star is a clear winner.

2. It's not better than i10. After all they call it as Alto A-Star and an alto replacement, so we can compare it with alto, just like we have a lot of conversation bet. Zen and Zen Estilo. lol

5. Dude, Hyundai i10 is much superior than A-Star, performance (i10), brakes (no doubt i10), Space (i10), GearBox (i10) and Mileage (No Comments because we can't predict anything about the mileage unless we have an ownership review but A-Star will be ahead of i10 according to me).
A very late response to Gangsters review, but i happened to read this today, and i had to respond. I have been driving the A* for more than a year now. And have been driving almost everyday (have driven 25000 kms in 13 months)
The car has been driven 50 / 50 in the city and NH8 both.

During my tenure of ownership i have braked under various scenarios and various speeds (including rain while on the NH8) and never has it skid. The ABS of the vehicle is competent and engages at the right time. Hence i completely disagree with your stand. My guess is either the car was not a ABS version or something was wrong somewhere with the TD car .

I will be so surprised if a Hyundai I10 or for that matter any other B segment wont "THUD" when over a pothole @ a speed of 60-70 kmph
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:59   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
A very late response to Gangsters review, but i happened to read this today, and i had to respond. I have been driving the A* for more than a year now. And have been driving almost everyday (have driven 25000 kms in 13 months)
The car has been driven 50 / 50 in the city and NH8 both.

During my tenure of ownership i have braked under various scenarios and various speeds (including rain while on the NH8) and never has it skid. The ABS of the vehicle is competent and engages at the right time. Hence i completely disagree with your stand. My guess is either the car was not a ABS version or something was wrong somewhere with the TD car .

I will be so surprised if a Hyundai I10 or for that matter any other B segment wont "THUD" when over a pothole @ a speed of 60-70 kmph
The car which i got was an ABS Version, this skidding part happened Twice. I will talk about the car which i will be driving not any other car.

About this "THUDDD" thing pls read carefully what happened

"In the 2nd skid, the car was over a small pothole and very loud sound of "THUUUDDD". I thought i ripped off the suspension or something related to it. lol"

I applied brakes, Wheel lock and was skidding and a pothole came and it was not "THUD". It was "THUUUDDD" and a very loud sound lol.

PS: It was a general statement what happened on that time. Here i was not talking about the pros or cons for A-Star.
Old 29th November 2011, 16:19   #401
BHPian

Re: Maruti A-Star review + test Drive

Quote:
Have crossed 17200 KMS on the odometer. Average mileage in city is 13.5
Best mileage is 14.4
Highway best mileage is 17.7
(cannot resist revving on the highway. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul18348 View Post
Getting 18.2 in city & 24-26 on highway. 4520Km on the ODO till date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenrox View Post
I recon i'm getting around 13 - 15 kmpl in the city before the first service.
@rahul18348 that FE you are getting in the city is too good.
I have constantly been getting around 16 (spirited driving) - 18 (light footed driving). 70% of the driving is done during peak hours with AC "ON" occasionally. On the highway though it returned a FE of 18-19 during Bangalore-Goa trip. But it was so much fun to drive on the ghat section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
A-Star isn't a very popular car on Tbhp , is it? I wasn't able to find lot of info here on A-Star compared to other cars like for example i10 or Ritz.
. There are very few threads on stuff related to the A-Star. Sigh! I am not surprised considering that A-Star manages to sell around 600-800 units whereas the i10 sells around 8000 units per month.
Old 21st February 2012, 21:54   #402
BHPian

Does anybody know if it is possible to fit tachometer in Lxi / Vxi variant? I heard mixed opinions.
Old 12th June 2013, 21:10   #403
BHPian

This is what Delhi's summer did to my friend's 2009 A Star's plastic element of the bonnet's hood prop. The volume knob of the ICE also got melted and fell off. Don't have its picture though.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti A-Star review + test Drive-img_20130612_203022.jpg  

Last edited by Fuldagap : 12th June 2013 at 21:15.
Old 11th October 2013, 17:01   #404

Woah Guys the mileage posted here are fantastic. Our A star (ZXi) is about 2.5 years with 25000 km on the odometer, manages to get 11km/l (summer, with 50% AC) and 15 km/l (winter, with 10% AC) in the city. On the highways my range is usually between 18km/l to 21 km/l with 100% AC).
Worst:
City : 8.8 km/l ( with 100% AC)
Highway: 17km/l (with 100% Accelerator Pedal engaged, and 100% AC).

Here is the problem, I am facing. With the Air Conditioner switched on, I feel that the car lacks the grunt, runs out of breathe type, hence I get 11 km/l in Bumper to Bumper Bangalore traffic (which is the same as swift (1.3l Petrol) under same conditions but with none of the mentioned side effects). Any explanations? Does this mean I cannot use the AC if I need mileage.
PS I have not experienced this with any of the diesel vehicles.
And I absolutely love this car. No rattles at all.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:46   #405
BHPian

Quote:
During my tenure of ownership i have braked under various scenarios and various speeds (including rain while on the NH8) and never has it skid. The ABS of the vehicle is competent and engages at the right time. Hence i completely disagree with your stand. My guess is either the car was not a ABS version or something was wrong somewhere with the TD car
+1 to that.
For the sake of anyone who wishes to buy the A-Star, from the pre-worshipped pool of-course, for its positives (safety features, small footprint, fun to drive nature) I would like to add that I feel the brakes in our Zxi are confidence inspiring.
The weak link probably could be the stock JK Vectra tyres. Our car runs on 155/80 R13 Apollo Accelere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks