Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 12:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

@Benny, the 10k discount is a special pricing for his company, from Ford. The mats & the holiday are goodies thrown in by the dealer because of the relationship.

@Budhiraj, instead of the holiday, can you get something for the car ? Like a remote lock etc ? (Just my PoV). Btw, I would agree with Sammyboy about the spoiler.

Last edited by condor : 21st November 2008 at 12:48.
Old 21st November 2008, 12:51   #17
Team-BHP Support

Condor, even you were offerred mats and the likes, right? So, isnt that kind of expected?
Old 21st November 2008, 12:55   #18
BHPian

@S_budhiraj - firstly congrats on your purchase.

My suggestion : Add 14 inch alloys, and spoiler.

OT: What documents do you need to provide to be eligible for a corporate offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Yes it's a corporate deal and something with travel which even I didn't understood properly, will be checking at the time of delievery

Will be definitely going for that, the dealer haven't got the amount of Extended warranty as of yet. I think by the time of delievery it will be there and I will have it.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:02   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : Condor, even you were offerred mats and the likes, right? So, isnt that kind of expected?
No. The car being new, the dealers seem to be in a position to demand things - booking amounts, accessories .. Metro Ford was displaying the cars near our office. I asked about the discounts, and the guy says that he will check & update me.

Quote:
MuraliR : OT: What documents do you need to provide to be eligible for a corporate offer.
Ask the dealer if any special pricing is available for your company. I doubt they will ask for too many documents.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:37   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Tell them which firm you work for, and ask them to check if it is listed in Ford's list of corporates who can avail of this offer. If it does, you get a 10k cash discount.

To prove that you indeed work for this firm, you will need to produce your ID card (which will be xerox-ed), and visiting card also. These should suffice. From what i know the following are surely listed : IBM, Infosys. Others can add to this list if they have availed of this offer.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hi Budhiraj,

Congratulations on a great decision and welcome to the Ford Family

I have spoken to a couple of guys from Ford and they have advised me against the spoiler. Apparently quite a few people have faced water seepage issues into the boot through the holes drilled for it.
Also, once it is fitted you cant realy remove it (for any reason) as there will be holes in the boot.

Just my POV, not sure whether guys here have faced similar issues but just wanted to share the info I was given.

p.s. I have 2 Ikons in the family, my and my dad's so this info has been given by 2 different sources.
Thanks, then I think I shouldn't be going in for the spolier

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Benny, the 10k discount is a special pricing for his company, from Ford. The mats & the holiday are goodies thrown in by the dealer because of the relationship.

@Budhiraj, instead of the holiday, can you get something for the car ? Like a remote lock etc ? (Just my PoV). Btw, I would agree with Sammyboy about the spoiler.
Condor, The hoiliday thing is the gift from the dealer because of my buddy so can't exchange in for something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
@S_budhiraj - firstly congrats on your purchase.

My suggestion : Add 14 inch alloys, and spoiler.

Thanks Murali, I will be definitely going in for the 14" but after seeing the reply from sammyboy dropping the idea of spolier!

And something in general for Info the dealer are not giving the Corp deal easily, you have to bargain and other thing only few comp are listed for deal like HP, IBM and some govt firms
Old 21st November 2008, 14:46   #22
BHPian

Bhpians something urgent!

I just got a call from the dealer saying the colour booked (Morello) is not available till Jan, I can get the platinum colour till next week.

Please tell me how is this colour?
If anyone owns it can show me some pic?
Should I trade in for someother colour?
Old 21st November 2008, 15:10   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@Budhiraj, hold him off. He could be trying to push a color that is available with him. As a friend, he should have been able to get you the color of your choice, faster than others could get it.

If you have all liked Morello, stick to it. Platinum is the beige kind of color. Sober, but boring now, IMO.

OT, but avoid doing back to back to posts like that. A message you post is editable for upto 20 min after initial posting. Also, pls avoid quoting full messages like that .. just quote the specific point.

Last edited by condor : 21st November 2008 at 15:12.
Old 21st November 2008, 15:23   #24
BHPian

Thanks condor for your support, I will keep that thing in mind!

The sales guy in Ford is not my friend, the friend of mine was his boss when he was in previous comp.

As for the platinum colour, I have seen the same in the site, it looks awful in pics.

I wont be going for that colour in any case!

As for Morello, he says colour is not being made in this lot, what I can go for is either white or black.

White:- is totally out of question as I dont want to be part of Taxi fleets

Black:- Never bought any black (except scorpio, which I used to own) car due to maintainence reasons
Old 21st November 2008, 15:41   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@Budhiraj, remember you cant be changing the color later. So try to wait. Play the patience game & keep following up.

And dont take all that he says about the color & production in toto. It's your liking, and your car. The color has just been introduced - it is not like Ford has withdrawn the color 2 weeks after launch, right ?

Personally, I would have loved the Jeans Blue. But they dont have it now. Else Brush Steel & P Red are my choices.
Old 21st November 2008, 15:45   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
As for the platinum colour, I have seen the same in the site, it looks awful in pics.

I wont be going for that colour in any case!

As for Morello, he says colour is not being made in this lot, what I can go for is either white or black.
Dont fall for his antics. He is just trying to push off the colours which are manufactured in greater numbers, against those which are particular like Morello, for example.

Platinum is a very sober color, and doesnt look that bad in person, i suppose. But it doesnt really have that youthful appeal. Here is how a Platinum would look like.

Diesel josh - Joining the club soon-img2.jpg

Diesel josh - Joining the club soon-img5.jpg

Source for pics : Buy New Cars,Used Cars, Sell Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

Tell him you will cancel your booking if he cant get you the color of your choice. The freebies which he has offerred are nothing over the top. play the wait game. Morello is a very appealing color, and if it was to be stopped so soon, it wouldnt be released.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 21st November 2008 at 15:47.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:30   #27
BHPian

Folks he never said that morello is stopped its just that morello is not coming in this lot, as this is very less in demand. It will only come in January lot, which is too late for me.

I have even confirmed the same with all the dealers in NCR, Nobody is getting Morello here. The colour which is booked most is Paprika red and white. So ford is concentrating on these colours.

From the pics of Benbsb29 the colour doesn't looks that bad, its just quite sober. It is looking similar to warm silver of my Honda city.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:41   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

@Budhiraj, if you dont want to wait for it and getting it quickly is a priority, then go ahead.

Just that, colors would be produced in batches - there is bound to be other requests for this color from the rest of the country. So this color will be produced sooner than later. Think about it, take a call.
Old 21st November 2008, 17:40   #29
BHPian

Total Maintainance Plan by Ford

I just visited our local dealer Bhagat Ford and the representatives there told me about the TMP of Ford but said that the rates for the new Ikon had not been issued. Their own thought after looking at similar plans of Ford Fiesta was that it will be around 7 to 9000/- for a two year or 30000 Km plan. I have never owned a diesel car and was wondering whether it's a good enough plan to go for??
Old 21st November 2008, 17:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Very good choice Budhiraj. From which dealer you are buying this?
Platinum is boring and dont even consider it.
I really liked the new Ikon and would have seriously considered it but 2 very very basic things which are absent is holding my decision -
1. - Absence of Remote boot release.
2.- Absence of tubeless tyres.
I dont know how can any manufacturer in todays world can ignore these 2 basic things!
Btw has anyone got any TD reviews? Any links? Any info about the mileage ?
@ Budhiraj - Any pics of the Morello color to get an idea?

Last edited by harry10 : 21st November 2008 at 17:46.

Most Viewed