Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 19:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
you do get such bull bars for the rear for the scorpio. it has a depression in the centre to accomodate the scorpio's rear step. i think it will fit in your safari too.
Will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
i dont understand why most manufacturers offer only auto down feature for the driver's window? why not auto up too?
if the driver has to use his hands for the steering, same goes when rolling the window up right?
Interesting question. I fully buy your idea. Convenience should be offered both ways, going up and going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath
Guess it's for the sole reason that the driver has to hold both his/her hands on to the steering wheel, and not hold on to the power window switch till it lowers fully.
No, no, no. I think many have misunderstood my question here. In my Safari, all four windows have the 'express down' feature, whether operated from driver's side or individually. (Now I'm beginning to think that may be it's a bug after all.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Get the cam + lcd from Karol Bagh. 4k or so. If you are buying one contact Kpgetz or tsk (and buy one for me too )
Any idea on the size of the LCD that is available at KB? Should it at least be 7 inches, so that it allows for comfortable DVD viewing too?
Old 25th November 2008, 22:01   #32
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, kkdelhi. Didn't check this feature so keenly. Will do, sometime soon. As suggested by other members, awaiting your car pictures adoring the Safari owner's car pictures thread
Old 25th November 2008, 22:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post

Any idea on the size of the LCD that is available at KB? Should it at least be 7 inches, so that it allows for comfortable DVD viewing too?
Should be 7inch. Do ping me if you are buying one.
Old 25th November 2008, 22:54   #34
BHPian

Congrats my friend on your purchase. She looks too good
Old 29th November 2008, 17:50   #35
BHPian

The first (hopefully the last) casualty!

The first (hopefully the last) casualty of Tata Safari!

This happened on the second day of the purchase. After constant locking and unlocking of the door (this was before the remote keyless system was installed), the Tata key became something like this:

A new beginning - Safari 2.2 VTT-disfigured-key.jpg
A new beginning - Safari 2.2 VTT-disfigured-key-3.jpg

So, went and got a new one made at the dealer's:

A new beginning - Safari 2.2 VTT-new-key-2.jpg

Interestingly, the new key looks much better than the original. I think it may be the one that comes with EX/VX because it has space for the immobilizer transponder (that's why the base is big).
Old 30th November 2008, 02:48   #36
BHPian

hey have you thought about geting alloys?. and what about the cladding. do they offer you to paint the claddings. do they charge for it or what?
Old 30th November 2008, 22:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
hey have you thought about geting alloys?. and what about the cladding. do they offer you to paint the claddings. do they charge for it or what?
No alloys for now. As for the cladding, I'm beginning to like the grey cladding as it goes perfectly with the silver color of the vehicle. To answer your question, the dealer price of painting the claddings and bumpers and all plastic parts to body color is approx. 22k.
Old 30th November 2008, 22:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
As for the cladding I'm beginning to like the grey cladding as it goes perfectly with the silver color of the vehicle.
Totally agree with you there . I think the grey cladding looks good on the beast. Seems to add some character to it too. Besides I think it gives you that little extra comfort in traffic since scratches on the unpainted plastic cladding wouldnt show.
Old 30th November 2008, 22:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

i totally agree to
My bumper got damaed a couple of months back and just the cost of painting it the estimate was 4500.
The grey is a better option if it goes well with the body color
Old 1st December 2008, 01:22   #40
BHPian

yeah guys i have realized after watching the pics that the silver colour gels with the overall look! and kinda gives it a rugged feel!

thanks for the info. i like the black safari but they grey bumpers dont match with it. but now with your pics i think silver looks great too. gives it a good raunchy apeal.

you are right with todays traffic and the maniacs on the road. your bumpers will get hit and scratched and dented so why worry for it at all!

i think that the silver colour gels with the grey bumpers but the cyrus grey colour is very dark and it doesnt am i right?.
Old 1st December 2008, 02:10   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi,

Did you use the original Tata keyless entry unit that comes with the EX version or an after market one? Could you please post some pictures of the DVD player?
Old 1st December 2008, 20:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo
i think that the silver colour gels with the grey bumpers but the cyrus grey colour is very dark and it doesnt am i right?
Well, as far as my knowledge goes, there're at least two each of Cycus Grey LX and Quartz Black LX on TBhp. And they look lovely. I think color is really a personal choice and what appeals to you. To me, personally, Arctic Silver looked best from day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi,
Did you use the original Tata keyless entry unit that comes with the EX version or an after market one? Could you please post some pictures of the DVD player?
I asked the Tata dealer which keyless entry unit goes into the Safari. And he told me there were two - Autocop and Minda - and that I could fix either of them. He had both in the showroom, but of course I did not get it fixed there (no way am I getting fleeced!). I got an Autocop make from the accessories shop - from where I got all other stuff too.

One picture of the DVD headunit is in the first page of this thread. Let me know how I can help with more pictures of the same.
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:57   #43
BHPian

More interior pictures please!! My Safari mega plan

KKDelhi Congrats on the purchase!

Could you post more interior pictures specifically rear side doors and back door (with spare tyre) in open conditions. Pictures of DVD/ LCD on seat rest.

I am currently live in Kuwait & now seriously contemplating to repatriate to Chennai!

ADC's Himachal trip travelogue and pictures has aggravated my repatriating to India!

I wish to circumbulate entire India on Road on a Tata safari tentative Grand travel route is : Chennai->Thirupati->Puri->Konark-Bhuvanesvar->Kolkatta->Darjeeling->Varanasi->Delhi->Badrinath->Vaishnodevi-> Himachal->Amritsar->Jaipur->Ahmedabad-Dwaraka->Somnath->Ujjain->Indore->Nasik->Pune->Goa->Udupi->Cochin->Trivandrum->Kanyakumari->Rameshwaram->Chennai.

After a 15 year stint in Middle eastern desert life the yearning for returning to the wonderful land mass India has peaked in me now! I feel it is time for Reclaiming my life!

It is indeed thrilling that I am making my master travel plan to cover these route in a maximum 45days period..which will be an adventure with full family of three generations!

I welcome veteran BHPians suggestions on my mega travel plan!

We are a family of 4 adults and 2 children. I am making my mind to go for Tata safari LX and to add DVD & roof mount LCD, remote lock etc...

Is it possible to get a Left hand Drive Safari for use in India?? Any chance Tata to launch auto transmission Safari Dicor?? I am all the way used for Left Hand (automatic )driving.
Old 5th December 2008, 21:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Is it possible to get a Left hand Drive Safari for use in India?? Any chance Tata to launch auto transmission Safari Dicor?? I am all the way used for Left Hand (automatic )driving.
you cant get a safari with a left handed version. and auto AT is not produced at all.

so sorry to dissapoint you.

looking at you trip plus family. you should go for the vx version. if you can afford it. never know what can happen on highways.
Old 5th December 2008, 21:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
LHD's are not allowed and AFAIK transport authorities won't register it either now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks