Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 12:58   #91
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to mount a rectangular lamp/light/foglamp which will have a wide but short beam of light in the rear plate and instead of using plastic i will be using metal and screwing it on to the read bumper
Old 6th January 2009, 13:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I am planning to mount a rectangular lamp/light/foglamp which will have a wide but short beam of light in the rear plate and instead of using plastic i will be using metal and screwing it on to the read bumper
Safari Ex has rear fog lamps are they not sufficient ? If your problem is related to Camera not showing clear picture at night its better to Invest in a wide angle camera with Night Vision , Cheaper cameras show grainy image and angle of vision is small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Yes, this is very true for rag pickers also, very easy to remove and there goes your camera along with the plate, plate costs Rs47 only.

Unless you clamp the plate on the main bumper using a hinge, its risky.
Yes Camera should never be installed at default location in Safari.
Best place is towards the lower side of number plate , if you mount it too high top portion of image in screen will be lower half of spare wheel cover
depending on how wide is the angle of vision in Camera.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:15   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Safari Ex has rear fog lamps are they not sufficient ? If your problem is related to Camera not showing clear picture at night its better to Invest in a wide angle camera with Night Vision , Cheaper cameras show grainy image and angle of vision is small.
My cam is perfect and the rear fog lamps throw a red beam which distorts the color. I just thought that a lamp at the back would be nice and want to see how it looks.
Also, to clarify, this lamp will light up only with the reverse gear engaged and not otherwise.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:29   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
My cam is perfect and the rear fog lamps throw a red beam which distorts the color. I just thought that a lamp at the back would be nice and want to see how it looks.
Also, to clarify, this lamp will light up only with the reverse gear engaged and not otherwise.
EDIT : Oh my bad .. sitting here in Bangalore I just forgot about the foggy weather in Delhi and rest of north India these days thus the message below , Now I see need of an additional clear fog lamp at rear. Ahh i am nostalgic and missing northern winters.

-------------------
Harjeev,

Is this lamp at the back to be switched on while engaging reverse gear is meant for clearer image from camera or just for the looks ?
Do you switch on rear fogs while reversing ? Normally a night vision cam should show clear image with out switching on rear fog lamps or any other lamp.

Regards
Amit

Last edited by amitk26 : 6th January 2009 at 13:33.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:37   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
EDIT : Oh my bad .. sitting here in Bangalore I just forgot about the foggy weather in Delhi and rest of north India these days , So now I see need of an additional clear fog lamp at rear.
Ahh i am nostalgic and missing northern winters.

Harjeev,

Is this lamp at the back to be switched on while engaging reverse gear is meant for clearer image from camera or just for the looks ?
Do you switch on rear fogs while reversing ? Normally a night vision cam should show clear image with out switching on rear fog lamps or any other lamp.

Regards
Amit
Partly both. My cam is good and I have not felt the need to have additional lights, but as it not cost that much (maybe about 500-600) and I am getting my front bumper painted anyways, I though that I will get this done too and will mount it on a fabricated steel plate and not on plastic.

thats all
Old 6th January 2009, 21:56   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
. Firstly, the camera is fitted at the wrong place. See the plate below the number plate, thats where the OEM camera goes, and thats where you should fix yours...
The camera was fitted at the place shown because its location at the default place would have caused the entire vision to be blocked by the rear bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu
...this is very true for rag pickers also, very easy to remove and there goes your camera along with the plate...
Interesting thought. So, all the more reason NOT to fix the camera at the default location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
...Anyways. thats immaterial. I suspect you got overcharged by around 200-300rs.
I bought more stuff from him, thats why kit cost was 4200rs.
He had 3 cameras 850/1050/1850
I got the cheapest one, since it served my purpose.
Okay. Accepted. May be my camera was costlier (no harm in thinking like that )

Quote:
PS: I got the bull guard for 3700, what about you?
I don't know the break-up; I paid a total of 5300 for the front bull guard and the rear bar.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:36   #97
BHPian

Got my mats!

Ok, finally, I got the floor mat for the entire jump-seat area. And, while I was at it, I got the front and rear seat floor area covered too. The storeowner had all possible colors, ranging from black, grey, blue, green and what not, and of course, the now-famous red ones! I got the greys that went best with the interiors. There were basically three kinds of matting available – the one with foam base, the one with PVC base, and the one with slightly better PVC base, the cost increasing in that order. I chose the mid-range.

A new beginning - Safari 2.2 VTT-rolls-mats.jpg

A new beginning - Safari 2.2 VTT-safari-front-mat.jpg

A new beginning - Safari 2.2 VTT-safari-rear-mat.jpg

A new beginning - Safari 2.2 VTT-safari-jump-seats-mat.jpg
Old 6th February 2009, 18:57   #98
Senior - BHPian

Nice mats! Well blended with the interiors.
Old 6th February 2009, 21:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

I hope you also have a vaccum cleaner for these mats

Most Viewed