Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 14:30   #91
Senior - BHPian

Sen, Happy to hear the news. Congratulations you are a proud owner of a new Car....yet again!! I understand your happiness with you posting the same info 4 times...just kidding.
Also please let us know how this worked out for you! Learning for all others on the TBHP!!
Old 9th December 2008, 15:43   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senhyd View Post
To all who expressed anger to the Honda about my car condition: The dealer Pride Honda has ultimately agreed to take back the car. Though he offered me a replacement with white colour but I don't prefer White also felt that this white may be of same delivered lot. Hence opted for New Honda City1.5S 5AT. It was delivered yesterday and today took it for the puja. I will post every bits of it once I gain experience of the car.

Thanks to all my friends of this blog.

Sabyasachi Sen
Sen Congratulations !! I'm happy for you. It's great to know that you finally managed to get a new vehicle. I bet you did a thorough inspection of the car before you took delivery yesterday.

I too have the same questions as Path_finder, do let us know how it worked out.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:00   #93
BHPian

Congrats dude... you managed to get the impossible done from Honda.
Making Honda give a replacement car was next to impossible.
Enjoy your ride and do post some pics soon !!!!
Old 9th December 2008, 17:37   #94
BHPian

Congrats on getting the replacement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Making Honda give a replacement car was next to impossible.
Is it? They have the cheeks to talk about all this "quality comes at a price" thing.

Last edited by CBlazer : 9th December 2008 at 17:42.
Old 9th December 2008, 17:58   #95
BHPian

senhyd> Did it worked out in the normal way or u threatned to go to consumer court can u briefly explain the whole drama which unfolded to convince Honda for a replacement.
Old 9th December 2008, 21:55   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Congrats on getting the replacement!

Is it? They have the cheeks to talk about all this "quality comes at a price" thing.

Sir,
One car had an issue. Still percentage of issues will be lower for an Honda as compared to a Hyundai/Ford/Maruti. Otherwise Honda would not sell so much with its overpriced cars and mediocre luxuries.
regards,
Honda Fan (only because Ford/Fiat/Mitsubishi/Maruti let us consumers down)
Old 10th December 2008, 08:27   #97
BHPian

Don't want to start a new thread. After facing heavy problems with santro our family have finally decided to replace santro. Budget- 8.5 lakhs. Since its december, no plans to look out for a car immediately but im sure we will go for it in january. My dream is to own a civic but this ANHC too seems to be a good bet. But im confused to go for a ANHC or Used civic. Please suggest. Sorry if this question has nothing to do with this thread. I just can't decide between the two. ANHC pics in this thread attracts me a lot but when i a see a civic in the road my thoughts get inclined to civic alone... haven't seen a ANHC yet in chennai roads. Please help
Old 10th December 2008, 22:33   #98

cheers: Well well Sen, that calls for celebration. So what colour did you go for? Where are the pictures? And yes, we are curious as to how did you manage to settle the whole issue, please dont just brief, but you can write down the whole story, time permitting, it would be great help for the members.
Old 11th December 2008, 14:06   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueband4u View Post
Don't want to start a new thread. After facing heavy problems with santro our family have finally decided to replace santro. Budget- 8.5 lakhs. Since its december, no plans to look out for a car immediately but im sure we will go for it in january. My dream is to own a civic but this ANHC too seems to be a good bet. But im confused to go for a ANHC or Used civic. Please suggest. Sorry if this question has nothing to do with this thread. I just can't decide between the two. ANHC pics in this thread attracts me a lot but when i a see a civic in the road my thoughts get inclined to civic alone... haven't seen a ANHC yet in chennai roads. Please help
Well, had i been in your place, i would definitely go in for AHNC. The feel of a brand new car is far superior than for a used one. Moreover the looks of AHNC are also eye-catching. But i agree to you that still it cant beat civic in the on-road presence.

With civic, you will get it all, which the City doesnt provide
- Alloys
- Fogs
- ACC
- More powered engine
- Cockpit like interiors

However Civic has pretty low ground clearance and hits speed breakers; also mileage will be 2-3 kmpl lower than ANHC

If the above dont matter much to you, i would suggest you to go for AHNC...ELSE...If you get a very good conditioned Civic for 8-9 lakhs, its worth going for it

For me, it will be Polished Metal S-MT ANHC
Old 14th December 2008, 23:53   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksinha10 View Post
Dear pjordy, waiting for atleast 500 Kms of odometer reading prior to refilling for calculating accurate mileage. Even I am curious to cross-check actual mileage and will post same in couple of days. As on date my mileage readout is showing 18 Km/L.
Dear All,

I have filled up full tank of my ANHC SMT and details of actual mileage as follows:-

Mileage calculated=17.2
(524.3 Kms with 30.49 Ltrs of Premiere petrol)
Digital readout prior filling = 17.9 an error of only 0.7 KMPL is excellent.
Calculated City Mileage =14.5
Highway Mileage = 21.5

Amount spent per km = Rs 2.65 (Great for car of 118 bhp, isn't it?)

Regards and safe Driving
MK
Old 15th December 2008, 00:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

Holy moly!

Well, there goes the argument that the ANHC has low mileage.
Old 15th December 2008, 00:48   #102
BHPian

Guys,

Took a TD of the ANHC today - quite a looker !

However, the famed VTEC isnt that much more of a performance vehicle than my Palio 1.6...or maybe the low end torque issue of Honda engines persists.

Also had a slight issue with the central console knocking against my knee...solved when I pushed the seat far back..but I lose the involvement if I'm in a Lazeeboy environ- anyone else faced the same ?

And the car fuel meter showed a mileage of 13.6 which is pretty decent for a 118 bhp machine !

All in all, I'm on - but for the 1.5 E MT - the grey interiors will definitely suit this car better ! - and I can buy alloys of my choice
Old 15th December 2008, 12:32   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksinha10 View Post
Dear All,

I have filled up full tank of my ANHC SMT and details of actual mileage as follows:-

Mileage calculated=17.2
(524.3 Kms with 30.49 Ltrs of Premiere petrol)
Digital readout prior filling = 17.9 an error of only 0.7 KMPL is excellent.
Calculated City Mileage =14.5
Highway Mileage = 21.5

Amount spent per km = Rs 2.65 (Great for car of 118 bhp, isn't it?)

Regards and safe Driving
MK
Quite amazing figures!
Are these figures with AC on all the time?
Old 10th February 2009, 23:34   #104
psn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senhyd View Post
To all whi expressed anger to the Honda about my car condition: the dealer Pride Honda has ultimately agreed to take back the car. Yhough he offered me a replacement with white colour but I don't prefer White also felt that htis white may be of same delivered lot. Hrnce opted for New Honda City1.5S 5AT. it was delivered yesterday and today took it for the puja. I will post every bits of it once I gain experience of the car.

Thanks again.

Sabyasachi Sen
Hi Mr. Sen, Congrats for your victory against Honda and the dealer.

I too am in Hyd and have booked a red AHNC SMT with Sundaram Honda. Till now my purchase experience has not be anywhere close to my expectations. Honda's attitude seems nonchalant and it feels like they are doing me a favor by selling me the car.

They showed me a brochure which showed mud guards as a standard fitting, but later told me that this was a "mistake" and that I would have to pay for them separately. I am trying to fight with Honda as I feel that what is printed in the brochure during the sale should be considered sacroscant and the company should deliver on it. So far I have got a call from Honda only to know if anybody from the dealer has called me up. No solution has yet been given.

Today I finally ordered the mud flaps, as well as side protection and front and back bumper protection, which is costing me an insane 14g's.

By the way, (for prospective buyers) the prices of accessories vary from dealer to dealer. The price list from another dealer shows a clear difference of nearly 10% on an average.

I haven't even got my car, and I'm fed up with the dealer already. But I'm still going ahead with my decision as the AHNC is a dream to drive.
Old 11th February 2009, 23:46   #105

Dear PSN,

I suggest you only buy the four mud flaps as they are not available in open market or at Minister Road Car decors. Rest like front and rear bumper corner guard and side rubber guards are freely available in Minister road and my purchase for all these (except mud flaps) were with in 3,000/- and they are doing real good and no where it looks about material from Minister Road.

My fight with Honda dealer is still not done, you may refer Times of India of 10th February Girevances column on 2nd page.

Hope you will enjy the vehicle more than I am enjoying.

With best wishes,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks