Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 23:20   #106
psn
BHPian

Hi Mr. Sen,

My car came last week. After driving it for a week I am quite happy with the car. I spent on the mudflaps and also got the side, front and rear protectors fixed. Though I got them done from pride as they were cheaper there. Just couldnt get myself to get them put from outside. They look good.

I have already done 400kms and it is becoming an extension of me. I hope your issues get sorted out, as you seem extremely unhappy with the purchase. The company and the dealers may not be good but the product sure seems to be good.
Old 20th February 2009, 11:10   #107

How I got my car replaced

Dear All my Well Wishers and Cheer leaders,

All of you wanted to know the process I had gone through for firgthing tooth to nail for getting my vehicle replaced. It was not a big story but a strategic move and are as follows:

First of all when I noticed (20th November 2008) the damages (corroded under seat brakcet and puddle of water in the spare wheel trunk) I took photos in my digital camera and rushed to the dealer, dealer after seeing the photos obliged me to accompany me to the car decor shop where I showed him the truth.

I surrendered the car to his showroom on 20th December 2008. I had logged the call with Honda One2One too with a mail to Honda ‘customer_relations@hondacarindia.com’, copy to 'ncdrc@fca.delhi.nic.in' (for information to council to consumer forum) with the photographs attached. To show Honda guys what they have sold to me. I got a reply next day from Mr Jim (customer relations officer at Honda). There were several mail exchanges between him and me including phone calls and every time they were responding that “we are in touch with Dealer to give you satisfaction service”

The dealer called me to his service center wherein he had removed all the interiors means seats, gear console (plastic) etc to show me that only brackets were rusted which he will replace with a new one. Other than that there was no rusting in the body. I agreed to collect my vehicle back after replacement of the rusted part with new one.

I took the vehicle back on 23rd November 2008. While reading the user manual thoroughly I found that there is a filter behind the Glove box which needs cleaning for fresh air inlet in cabin. Hence I opened the glove box and found that all the metal parts behind and under the dash board were totally rusted. Again I took photographs and next day shown to the dealer. Next day the car got picked up from my residence to garage.

At this time I started feeling frustrated and send a mail with photographs of the new discoveries to Honda customer care and informed them that I am not interested in taking a vehicle which has been re-assembled (screwed) in a workshop. After receiving same recorded language I got furious and collected the email addresses of VP Sales and President of Honda Siel India and send the photographs ('jnaneswar.sen@honda.com'; 'masahiro.takedagawa@honda.com') with fax to Honda Japan (I collected the fax number from Web sites). And I had requested reply from none other than president or director marketing. I was told that VP Sales has replied to me which I didn’t get till date.

In the mean time I had posted the problem with pics to several other blogs and was sending the blog link to president and director. On 1st December I was called by the dealer to visit his workshop and my reply was unless I get a new car key before beginning of any discussions I will not enter in his premises. He agreed and I was handed over the new car key (same old model but a different car). Since I there was no choice for colors except one vehicle of white color, I said I need the same color or any near color like silver etc. the dealer expressed his inability and offered me a AHNC (Automatic) with the difference of amount to be paid by me. Though I was not prepared with the money I told him that I will be paying him the balance money in 6 installments and got the vehicle delivered at my door step on 8th December 2008, the dealer finally agreed for three installments only. Anyways I got the money and paid him in one go.

Within three days of receiving a replaced vehicle I received a letter from Honda Japan, asking for a sincere apology and mentioning that they feel proud and honored that I have considered Honda car and accepted their replacement.

Thank you for reading this long blog.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th February 2009 at 12:17. Reason: Font tags, please go through announcements
Old 20th February 2009, 14:23   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senhyd View Post

All of you wanted to know the process I had gone through for firgthing tooth to nail for getting my vehicle replaced. It was not a big story but a strategic move and are as follows:

Within three days of receiving a replaced vehicle I received a letter from Honda Japan, asking for a sincere apology and mentioning that they feel proud and honored that I have considered Honda car and accepted their replacement.

Thank you for reading this long blog.
Congratulations on your new ANHC and hats off to you to have fought with Honda so hard and so long. Your endurance has paid off well.

I am glad that Honda has acknowledged their short comings with a replacement car.
Old 21st February 2009, 13:33   #109
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Senhyd, thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us. It is your persuasive nature, attention to detail & homework that led to justice being served. Congratulations & well-done.

I can tell you from experience that posting on multiple forums / blogs & emailing links to the company does work!
Old 22nd February 2009, 10:44   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senhyd View Post

It's very good learning to everyone. Thanks for posting all the details and info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks