Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:06   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa (Nov-2008) : White Angel Comes Home !!!

My short infatuation with "White Angel" finally is coming to an end this weekend. This car has been with me for 3 Years, 5 Months and 7 days.

This car was initially bought for wifey who never knew how to drive and learnt a fair bit of it on this car and post that she religiously used to drive to work for approximately 1.5 years.

Even though her daily drive was 5kms each way she has to go through some high density traffic zone and she used to get paranoid about someone scratching the car or putting a dent on it ( primarily because of me as she felt I would get terribly upset)

After putting up a brave front for that period wherein she almost hated driving due to tough traffic conditions, she finally gave up and said she cannot take that stress anymore and since then it's been parked in our garage and I had the additional making good use of it apart from my 2 bikes and the Cruze.

Therefore, I had chalked out a plan that i10 would be used every saturday and sunday and became our workhorse for trips to grocery store, movies, shopping at nearby malls etc. For rest of the driving, the mighty Cruze was always there. During this entire ownership period, we used this car only for two highway trips. One was a TBHP drive meet to Vikarabad which was an overall 200kms trip and another one was a trip (Hampi) in Aug-2011 totalling to 900kms

She performed marvellously and we had a lot of fun ripping the engine wide open as it had run only in cities most of the time. I must confess, its a pretty agile and quick car and can put bigger sedans to shame if you put your mind to it.

However, what I didnt like about the car is that it didnt get to my heart like how the Cruze & Bullet got to me. It's a good car period but, i wasn't obsessed with it like i am usually with most of my automobiles.

+'s of i10 Kappa

1. Zippy and easy to drive in city

2. Premium feel interiors

3. Terrific AC

4. Spacious enough for 4 adults to seat comfortably

-'s of i10 Kappa

1. Terribly city mileage. I never got beyond 11kmpl

2. Rear bench is not a great place for passengers when going over a speedbreaker. It throws everyone around the cabin trecheously

I am glad that I can see this car whenever I wish to as it's sold to a close friend who lives in USA for 3.20 Lakhs, a price which is way better than the best offer that i got (3.15 Lakhs). He bought it for his aging father who lives about 2kms away from my home and they plan to keep a driver and also plan to use it sparingly on in city.

It will be handed over to new owners on May 5th, 2012 after completing the transfer formalities with an odometer reading of 13,100kms. Overall, its been a great run with "White Angel" and I will definetly miss it.

P.S: Will post some parting pictures of the "White Angel" over the weekend !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 15:37   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

The D-day finally came (today) when White Angel was handed over to its new owners.

Went to RTA along with parents of my friend and got the car transfered in their name and they took the car away

Parting Odo-Reading

Hyundai i10 Kappa (Nov-2008) : White Angel Comes Home !!!-img2012042200005.jpg

Parting shot at RTA office this morning

Hyundai i10 Kappa (Nov-2008) : White Angel Comes Home !!!-img2012050500009.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 19:13   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The D-day finally came (today) when White Angel was handed over to its new owners.

Went to RTA along with parents of my friend and got the car transfered in their name and they took the car away.
A very well maintained i10 (except for the missing antenna), I must say. Reading your posts, it appears that you were sad-but-happy to see it go into good hands. Like a "sad-but-happy" father handing over his daughter in marriage to her groom?

Had you driven the car 1 km extra, your parting ODO reading would have read: 13131 kms!
Old 8th May 2012, 16:24   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
A very well maintained i10 (except for the missing antenna), I must say. Reading your posts, it appears that you were sad-but-happy to see it go into good hands. Like a "sad-but-happy" father handing over his daughter in marriage to her groom?
Yeah, it was definetly a mixed feeling. To be honest, it never created a special place in my heart as the Cruze and Bullet did but, nevertheless, you get emotional after spending so much time with it

But, i am more happy than sad because it went to a close friend's house and he is visiting India end of this month. So we plan to paint the town red ( with his driver behind the wheel) in the White Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Had you driven the car 1 km extra, your parting ODO reading would have read: 13131 kms!
Actually, i took that picture just before handing it over to their driver and then moved to passenger seat. After that, we drove to RTA and back which was roughly about 15kms up and down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks