Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 21:13   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Wonder, what's happening to the TATA MOTORS stock price when so many Safari VTTs and Quadrajet Vistas are being sold every day...
No let up. In fact, the Safari ex-showroom price has increased by about 1k between Oct and Nov. At least, in Delhi, it has. And the discount continues to be the same - 50% off on insurance.
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
I concur with your view. The color looks dark and rich under shade and looks bleached when viewed under bright Sun. Anyway, I'm looking for some reason to go for paint protection. .
My Safari is a light gold as well. The colour almost looks silver under low light conditions.

The light gold wasnt my favourite colour but I selected it on practical considerations - dirt & scratches dont show much and it doesn't get as hot in sunlight as a black or cycus grey (my first choices). However the colour has grown on me and I rather like it now.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:22   #18
BHPian

Concorde

Hi bkishore,

Can you share the details of the deal you got from Concorde?

Thx
Old 8th December 2008, 08:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks so much for the writeup.

Even my Parents are refusing to get into my SIERRA because I have to tilt the seats all the time. I'm considering going for the cheapest possible SAFARI that I could get.

I'm mechanically inclined, so its ok for me to get a shunted out vehicle and painfully restore it at leisure. I don't want to buy one on loan, its going to be part funded by the SIERRA and part from my savings. I'm looking at a 10 year old model.

I'm really happy reading about the rear seat space. I've never even touched a SAFARI, leave alone sat in one or driven one, but its on my radar screen now. Want to time my purchase right, so that I can sqeeze the most when the economy is doing bad
Old 8th December 2008, 13:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
Hi bkishore,

Can you share the details of the deal you got from Concorde?

Thx
Hi Anshuman,

At the time of the purchase, the on-road price of the vehicle was 13.11lac. My company policy did not allow me to go for a vehicle above 12.5 lacs(30k EMI restriction). I conveyed the same to them and they came up with the 12.5 lac quote.
This was the price(12.5) just before the hike in excise duty. So i assume they had they vehicle in their yard and giving it at the pre-hike price. This also came with the rider saying " please dont reveal this to any other dealers" I happily agreed.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:43   #21
BHPian

Thanks fo that info!!
Old 8th December 2008, 16:16   #22
BHPian

congrats for the new purchase bkishore.
Enjoy your safari and drive safe.

Avi
Old 13th December 2008, 21:28   #23
KVS
BHPian

Congratulations Kishore!!

It is a good buy. Did you go for 4X4 option? I recently got my Safari VX 4X4. I went for black color. I noticed the same problems you have mentioned.

I went for v-kool Sun film (including the wind shield). It is very effective.

Once again, congratulation. Happy driving.

Cheers

KVS
Old 15th December 2008, 00:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Congratulations Kishore!!

It is a good buy. Did you go for 4X4 option? I recently got my Safari VX 4X4. I went for black color. I noticed the same problems you have mentioned.

I went for v-kool Sun film (including the wind shield). It is very effective.

Once again, congratulation. Happy driving.

Cheers

KVS
Thank you KVS. I went for 4x2. By the way Safari looks stunning in Black. That was my first choice as well. But once bitten twice shy.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:49   #25
BHPian

hey Kishore, i'm surprised about how i missed your thread. How is the visiblity after you have put sun film on the wind shield ? Especially when its raining and if in case you have not upgraded from OEM lamps. I have been thinking of doing it but i was discouraged when i spoke to few guys who did not recommend.

Congrats for your old new beast and new old palio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks