Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 19:43   #16
BHPian

Congrats!! Another stunning color on the ANHC. The front/side protectors and the grill gel very well with this color and the car certainly looks a stunner. Enjoy the ride.
Old 1st December 2008, 20:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Congrats! Once an AT fan always an AT fan, eh? You must have really enjoyed your CVT experience.

The prices are really steep. I'm not too sure about price cuts. Honda is actually talking about price hikes on it's other cars.

Yes always an AT fan. please wait for the detailed comparison between CVT and this beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Congrats!! Another stunning color on the ANHC. The front/side protectors and the grill gel very well with this color and the car certainly looks a stunner. Enjoy the ride.
Thank you

Updates on first thoughts in some time..
Old 1st December 2008, 20:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your buy ! Nice choice of colour there. Looks awesome ! Do keep us posted on the performance too. Also, it would be nice if you can post some pics taken from the side.
Old 1st December 2008, 21:28   #19
BHPian

More updates.

Interiors are plastic with minimal fabric. However the plastic used is solid and of very high quality and I prefer it to fabric any day. Also it looks better in feel than many of the fabric interiors seen in similar cars. Still I would have preferred leather like in the CRV but …
Centre console looks good. Aluminum finish looks real without being garish. Feel of HVAC buttons is little weak as compared to the CVT but I am confident they will stand test of time.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-dash.jpg

Instrument cluster is a bright orange..heheh but mutes down to a more sensible shade once the vehicle is started. Speedo and tachy look good but are not the best in their class.
Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-brightdash.jpg

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-lightdash.jpg

Honda methinks took inputs from the public and hence has incorporated many sensible storage spaces in the car.

There is a cute card slot for keeping Toll Passes etc.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-cardslot.jpg

Small Drawer like thing to the right of the steering. Fit is looking bad. Honda quality issue???

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-poor-quality.jpg

Fabric covered Armrest is a welcome relief. Storage space built in.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-armrest.jpg

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-armrest1.jpg

Floor mattings are in black which I feel is a good thing. The CVT’s beige matting was a pain to maintain.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-blackmat.jpg

Driver door controls are pretty much the same. One good change is the shifting of the Power mirror switches to the door.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-doorpael.jpg

AT lever is not that good looking with quite a hard feel to it. Maybe it is because of the car being new. The CVT’s lever was better in feel with a smoother operation.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-gearshift.jpg

Steering is a straight lift from the Civic.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-steering.jpg

Better picture of the illuminated side strips. They look sexy in the dark….paisa vasool.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-sidestrip.jpg

Now coming to one of the most debated topics for the AHNC. The Music player. The player is quite good with the speakers in the four doors. The speakers sound good. Overall the music system is the best factory fitted system in the sub 15 lakh category I have come across.
Music system accepts USB drives. I also connected my Nokia E51 to it. Hard drives are not recommended as per the manual. There is an aux-in port in the drawer(see on left side) which is another good move.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-usbslot.jpg

Another hot point was the large amount of space in the bonnet. however my AT does not have that large a gap. Maybe that gap seen in the manual was for accommodating the AT transmission.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-spacegood.jpg

The position of the engine coolant tank is in such a funny position that one helps wonder how will one fill coolant in it. Maybe Honda does not want its customers to fill coolant in the tank by themselves. I had to bend over double and at an angle to take this pic.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-coolant.jpg

The air filter intake has been extended to the bonnet underside.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-airflow.jpg

Cost cutting by Honda is evident everywhere. Eg. My CVT had proper matting on the bonnet and the boot interior. This baby has none.

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-dicky.jpg

Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-costcutfront.jpg

Hope you people liked the review. Comments/questions will be highly appreciated.
Note : I have gotten an FE of 9 till now.
(also kindly forgive poor quality of the pics. not much of a photographer)
Old 1st December 2008, 22:12   #20

An excellent and in depth review/ analysis. Keep it up buddy.
FE of 9 appears to be on lower side. My SMT, which has run 320 Kms mostly on highway, has given avg FE of 18 as per digital readout.
Old 1st December 2008, 22:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

very honest review, its a very good car.
Old 1st December 2008, 22:46   #22
BHPian

Congrats and thanks for the pics that you posted, all the best with the new City.
Old 1st December 2008, 23:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mate
Most of the things you said in review are the same i felt when i took the test drive this weekend.
FE was 10.5 on the meter when i was TD and Auto i suppose will be a KM less so i think your 9 justifies it (total run in of the TD vehicle was 614km when i started and took it for 10km).
Seems you love this color as your previous car has same one and it looks great. Though personally i liked Red best.
This is a damn good car IMO and wanted to TD the AT mainly to check the paddle shifts as well but sadly they didnt had one available then so will wait for your detailed review
Old 1st December 2008, 23:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksinha10 View Post
An excellent and in depth review/ analysis. Keep it up buddy.
FE of 9 appears to be on lower side. My SMT, which has run 320 Kms mostly on highway, has given avg FE of 18 as per digital readout.

she has just done 78 kms and most of the engine running was with the car in standstill giving demos to my relatives/friends. Detailed FE i will get next week when i am doing a 600 km run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
very honest review, its a very good car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Congrats and thanks for the pics that you posted, all the best with the new City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats Mate
Thank you for your wishes
Old 1st December 2008, 23:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
Congrats, thats one hottie, Hope you enjoy the paddle shift. Waiting for the feedback on the paddle shift and how it feels in traffic or otherwise daily commute and parking. According to Mr. Clarkson paddle shift is a nuisance for parking, well I wonder why doesn't he shift to fully auto mode while parking ? Waiting for you to share your experiences with the paddle shift. Enjoy the ride.
Mr. Clarkson was talking about the auto-clutch mated to a manual 'box in the Vanquish. It truly is a terrible 'box because there is no gear lever at all. The 'box in Hondas in India are all Hondamatic - normal auto boxes because they don't have to handle 500-something BHP. And these are a breeze to work with. To park, you just push the lever to R and reverse!
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Amazing Pics Dude.
Just perfect for any prospective buyer.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Amazing Pics Dude.
Just perfect for any prospective buyer.

Enjoy the ride.

sir my next car has to be that red beauty you have- the VRs. Too bad skoda stopped production.
I still remember the first time i drove a VRs. i was so mesmerized with the whistle of the super charger that i forgot to shift into 3rd, and i got a few good words..hehe for driving her so slow.
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:50   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
sir my next car has to be that red beauty you have- the VRs. Too bad skoda stopped production.
I still remember the first time i drove a VRs. i was so mesmerized with the whistle of the super charger that i forgot to shift into 3rd, and i got a few good words..hehe for driving her so slow.
you mean turbo charger.
Old 2nd December 2008, 01:22   #29
BHPian

Congrats, she is a beauty and excellent choice of color. A very detailed pictorial review which is expected from a true t-bhpian. Waiting for the detailed driving impression. The price seems steep though.
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:45   #30

Wow, thats great review buddy. Thanks for taking your time out of your exceitment to share your happiness. Most of the things seems fine, but in this forum, I read few things about upgrading the wheels (not alloys ha!!). And from the pics of the car, it seems that they need to be changed. Whats your opinion on this.

And can we get Civic's side mirrors, as it has got signal light on side mirror.

Congrats once again on your new car :-)

Farooq

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks