Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:16   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Congrats, she is a beauty and excellent choice of color. A very detailed pictorial review which is expected from a true t-bhpian. Waiting for the detailed driving impression. The price seems steep though.
* Price is steep and will stay there unless the Linea does something extraordinary( and i didnt mean the car, i mean the after sales and service front )

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooqshaik View Post
Wow, thats great review buddy. Thanks for taking your time out of your exceitment to share your happiness. Most of the things seems fine, but in this forum, I read few things about upgrading the wheels (not alloys ha!!). And from the pics of the car, it seems that they need to be changed. Whats your opinion on this.

And can we get Civic's side mirrors, as it has got signal light on side mirror.

Congrats once again on your new car :-)

Farooq
* Present wheels are pretty good. I am not a big fan of alloys because of the condition of the roads. But the Honda OEM's look extremely sexy, however they will set one back by 45000 for a set of 4.

Side mirrors methinks will come in the market later, Honda as such is not offering any such option in accessories.

Update on driving experience.

1. Vehicle is absolute pleasure to drive. Engine noise is minimum till 2000 rpm which is all that I have taken her to. Acceleration is good. She gives the impression of a thoroughbred racehorse raring to go. Very responsive and rev happy engine.

2. Suspension is bit hard as compared to the CVT. I think it is to compensate for the longer wheelbase and lesser ground clearance. However my main worry of the ground clearance being too less was resolved. She did not scrape any speed breaker in the Mulund/Thane area with 5 adults sitting inside her. However the spare tyre housing looks too low. I think I will have to be careful while coming out of potholes. Still time will tell.

3. Auto transmission is a let down as compared to the CVT. Jerks are noticeable during the shifting of gears. The CVT shifting was extremely smooth as compared to this AT. However it may be because I am not taking her above 2000 rpm and also accelerating slowly. Will only be able to comment after a full rev band trial. Paddle shifts are a pleasure and after the run in period is over I think I will be able to match the acceleration of her manual version. One can shift in both D and S mode contrary to what the sales advisors say.

4. Air-conditioning is improved compared to the old car. I don’t know if the winter season has a role to play, but the A.C. chills faster. I am forced to keep her at 3 notches above max cool for a comfortable temperature. Honda really should have given Climate Control.

5. Average still stays at 9.0 with city driving and 100% A.C.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:37   #32
BHPian

Congratulations mate, wish you years of happy motoring and lovely memories with her.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:38   #33
BHPian

The Side Step embellishment in blue tinge is quite a detail I must say, all I can say is a big ‘W O W’
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

The auto will smooth out, don't worry. When I got my Civic A/T, I was able to make out shifts during the first 1K kilometers. It wasn't jerky or anything, but it was perceivable. Nowadays, it's near imperceptible.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The auto will smooth out, don't worry. When I got my Civic A/T, I was able to make out shifts during the first 1K kilometers. It wasn't jerky or anything, but it was perceivable. Nowadays, it's near imperceptible.

Sir, but my CVT gave me no such issue right from day one. Still I will take your word for it.
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

CVT is different to a normal A/T. In a CVT, the gear ratio is continuously changing - there is no real gear change. Not so in a normal A/T box. Like a normal manual gearbox, autos will also bed in with time, with shifts becoming smoother as the kilometers add up.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:39   #37

I mean Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post

* Present wheels are pretty good. I am not a big fan of alloys because of the condition of the roads. But the Honda OEM's look extremely sexy, however they will set one back by 45000 for a set of 4.
Hi Dude,

I mean to ask you about tires not alloys. It seems you find tires also fine. Leave your comment on that..Thanks in advance..

Farooq
Old 7th December 2008, 09:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
2. Suspension is bit hard as compared to the CVT. I think it is to compensate for the longer wheelbase and lesser ground clearance. However my main worry of the ground clearance being too less was resolved. She did not scrape any speed breaker in the Mulund/Thane area with 5 adults sitting inside her. However the spare tyre housing looks too low. I think I will have to be careful while coming out of potholes. Still time will tell.
GC is same as NHC – but the increased wheel base could have been a problem. But looks like they have compensated it by a stiffer suspension – could be learning from Civic which has reasonable GC, but still scrapes.

Quote:
5. Average still stays at 9.0 with city driving and 100% A.C.
This is consistent with the figure I heard from couple of friends who took vehicle in the initial week itself.
Old 7th December 2008, 11:25   #39
BHPian

Average Update:

In city/heavy traffic : 8 kmpl
Highway cruising : 19.7 kmpl
Till now average : 11.1 kmpl
Old 7th December 2008, 19:41   #40
BHPian

Great buy friend!

I m going to be going to Honda to book myself one too... any suggestions on whether i should book the emt or the smt.
i love the white, it looks super cool. but confused about the version. Please do help me.
Old 8th December 2008, 06:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Average Update:

So as far as FE goes, the CITY is not meant for the city! - the price for convenience of auto!
Old 9th December 2008, 02:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
So as far as FE goes, the CITY is not meant for the city! - the price for convenience of auto!
i agree. but with an averag e running of 1000 km p.m. average is not an issue.
Mumbai-Shirdi-Mumbai : Average with 80% highway and 20% city with 100% a.c. was 14 kmpl with display meter showing 15 kmpl
Vehicle was driven at 80 cruising and 100 for overtaking except for a couple of tiffs with a scorpio m-hawk and a verna crdi.. she ate them both for breakfast.
i am very happy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
Great buy friend!
I m going to be going to Honda to book myself one too... any suggestions on whether i should book the emt or the smt.
i love the white, it looks super cool. but confused about the version. Please do help me.

version E-MT comes without music system and some other stuff.. interiors are a light grey.. i suggest buy the city around feb, thats when goodies will be offered with the car. price drop seems unlikely(maybe excise cut benefits may be passed on)

Last edited by f50xj13 : 9th December 2008 at 02:17.
Old 9th December 2008, 07:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Average Update:

8 in the city
and I was quoted 13-14 by their sales rep when I had the test drive!!!

By the way one of my friends is having the CVT Zxi and he says he gets something like 16 in the city!!! (And about 22-23 on Delhi-Agra highway jaunts) Its incredible.
Old 9th December 2008, 07:41   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
8 in the city
and I was quoted 13-14 by their sales rep when I had the test drive!!!

By the way one of my friends is having the CVT Zxi and he says he gets something like 16 in the city!!! (And about 22-23 on Delhi-Agra highway jaunts) Its incredible.

Are you joking or what ??? 16 on auto tranny and that too inside New Delhi is nearly impossible ! ( I'm assuming that your friend also lives in Delhi as you also live in Delhi. )
I have a iDSi NHC manual transmission, and with AC I generally get 12-13 inside city and 14-15 without AC.
Old 9th December 2008, 10:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
Are you joking or what ??? 16 on auto tranny and that too inside New Delhi is nearly impossible ! ( I'm assuming that your friend also lives in Delhi as you also live in Delhi. )
I have a iDSi NHC manual transmission, and with AC I generally get 12-13 inside city and 14-15 without AC.
Well I was also stunned. But he insisted he was not bluffing. Probably he knows how to drive ATs well By the way his car is mostly driven in Noida (Delhi like traffic, a bit easier than Delhi perhaps) I didnt ask him what oil he was using so he might be using higher octane fuel or something.
Actually I also had one colleague in office who owned iDSI Gxi and he was getting around 15+ (used to measure mileage very religiously) with AC ON 100% of the time. This was again in Noida. His highway trips returned him 24-25 kmpl!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks