Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 11:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
Jerks are noticeable during the shifting of gears.

5. Average still stays at 9.0 with city driving and 100% A.C.
Jerks are likely to reduce though not disappear. Jerks are experienced even in manual cars so it is not a cause of complaint.
100% AC?
Seriously, with these specs and power, there could be many people trading down from Corolla/Civic.
Is tyre size OK.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:09   #47
Team-BHP Support

Firstly, congrats on your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
Vehicle was driven at 80 cruising and 100 for overtaking except for a couple of tiffs with a scorpio m-hawk and a verna crdi.. she ate them both for breakfast.
As for the part above, either both of those vehicles backed out or werent interested. Between, arent you in your run-in period, to be engaging in such drags?
Old 9th December 2008, 21:39   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Jerks are likely to reduce though not disappear. Jerks are experienced even in manual cars so it is not a cause of complaint.
100% AC?
Seriously, with these specs and power, there could be many people trading down from Corolla/Civic.
Is tyre size OK.
>Jerks feel like a issue cause my cvt gave me no jerks, so maybe am spoilt.
>100% A.C. switched on, dunno if the compressor was working.
> Dont think so, civic/corolla is another class altogether.
> Have never experimented with tyre upgrades, so will not be able to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Firstly, congrats on your new car.

As for the part above, either both of those vehicles backed out or werent interested. Between, arent you in your run-in period, to be engaging in such drags?

> I am in my run in period, but the way these bozos came up behind me, i could not resist(and i had already completed a 150 kms drive at that time @ 80kmph/sedate cruising). It was a straight road with no traffic in sight. as soon as these bozos came up behind me in the classic tailgating/harsh honking stuff that irritates the hell out of me(why tailgate when you can flash and i will allow you to pass) i just pulled to the middle lane , put her in S mode and floored her. you should have seen their faces...hehehe.
I have owned the G2HC Exi and the G2HC CVT and believe me when i say this G3HC is fast.
I do not condone racing, it has to be done only on the race tracks, but even i am human. Got carried away for 15 secs.
Old 9th December 2008, 21:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
8 in the city
and I was quoted 13-14 by their sales rep when I had the test drive!!!

By the way one of my friends is having the CVT Zxi and he says he gets something like 16 in the city!!! (And about 22-23 on Delhi-Agra highway jaunts) Its incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
Are you joking or what ??? 16 on auto tranny and that too inside New Delhi is nearly impossible ! ( I'm assuming that your friend also lives in Delhi as you also live in Delhi. )
I have a iDSi NHC manual transmission, and with AC I generally get 12-13 inside city and 14-15 without AC.

Witm my G2HC CVT i used to get 12-13 in city with 100% A.C. , sedate driving, flooring the accelerator used to give me 7-8 kmpl.
My old G2HC Exi gave me 15 in city with 100% A.c. and 17-18 on highway with 100%a.c.
it all depends on the driving style, use of brakes,throttle inputs etc. my dad gets 1kmpl atleast better than me everytime.
Old 27th January 2009, 14:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
8 in the city
and I was quoted 13-14 by their sales rep when I had the test drive!!!

By the way one of my friends is having the CVT Zxi and he says he gets something like 16 in the city!!! (And about 22-23 on Delhi-Agra highway jaunts) Its incredible.

My CityZX Manual fives me 11-12 kmpl in the city and yes the 22-23 kmpl of your friend on long hauls when driven sensibly does not surprise me.
I am still on more than quarter tank with 680 kms on the trip meter.

The CVT my company car which I use for outstation trips every week however is another story !? The best I have managed to squeeze out of her is 16kmpl. See the problem is it is hard to restrain when you need to overtake and you tend to floor it rather than riding the torque curve,..this causes a lot of wasteful fuel burn.

However if you are ginger with it you can keep her revs rediculously low (even lower than the manual) while cruising,..which means better kmpl's.
However we lve in the real world so??!!

Last edited by Torque-ative : 27th January 2009 at 14:18.
Old 27th January 2009, 14:43   #51
BANNED

As for the economy discussion there are two points:

1. Until the engine is run in (say 3,000-5,000km) economy will improve steadily. First 1,5000km economy figures are a joke.

2. With a torque converter lock up you can expect excellent highway figures (earlier ATs) did not have this.

3. There can easily be a 2l error in what is a full tank. I always fill up, and have been logging my cars for over 20 years. Invariably one excellent figure is followed by a poor figure due to the less than full tank in the first case.
Old 10th February 2009, 22:48   #52
BHPian

So, for ANHC all the FE figures told by the sales guys are turning out to be wrong.

As expected in various threads on ANHC, FE is a big letdown compare to NHC whose high FE (even with CVT) is a big USP.

So, ANHC with high premium / low FE / Poor interiors / No Climate control / No alloys / No fog lamps..... (compare to NHC)

Hummm......

I'll wait till the Honeymoon period of ANHC will be over.

Honda will definitely come up with few good changes (may be we could get No items from above list absolutely free )

IS there Honda has something miscalculated about ANHC?
Old 11th February 2009, 02:10   #53
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
My CityZX Manual fives me 11-12 kmpl in the city and yes the 22-23 kmpl of your friend on long hauls when driven sensibly does not surprise me.
I am still on more than quarter tank with 680 kms on the trip meter.

The CVT my company car which I use for outstation trips every week however is another story !? The best I have managed to squeeze out of her is 16kmpl. See the problem is it is hard to restrain when you need to overtake and you tend to floor it rather than riding the torque curve,..this causes a lot of wasteful fuel burn.

However if you are ginger with it you can keep her revs rediculously low (even lower than the manual) while cruising,..which means better kmpl's.
However we lve in the real world so??!!
bunch of lies, no honda petrol car can give 22-23kmpl, except you are pushing car half way around with your hands.

damn, i have tried really hard, my NHC never cross more then 15kmpl
Old 11th February 2009, 07:58   #54
BHPian

But i've driven my car with 100% AC and have got 18+kmpl on highways so 20+ without AC is possible.
Old 11th February 2009, 09:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
bunch of lies, no honda petrol car can give 22-23kmpl, except you are pushing car half way around with your hands.

damn, i have tried really hard, my NHC never cross more then 15kmpl
Figure reported by Overdrive test report for NHC is 27kmpl. They cliamed this to be an average highway FE but I guess this may be the best FE they achived during a particular strech.
These kind of FE figures are hard to achive in real life driving conditions but not impossible either if that is the sole purpose.
Old 15th February 2009, 17:14   #56
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Figure reported by Overdrive test report for NHC is 27kmpl. They cliamed this to be an average highway FE but I guess this may be the best FE they achived during a particular strech.
These kind of FE figures are hard to achive in real life driving conditions but not impossible either if that is the sole purpose.
haha, proof not to buy and read overdrive magazine ever.
Old 15th February 2009, 18:34   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
haha, proof not to buy and read overdrive magazine ever.
But in recent times their reports seem to be more realistic
Old 15th February 2009, 18:48   #58
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Congratulations mate, nice choice of color and the definitive choice for a car [/COLOR]
Old 18th February 2009, 17:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, man. Not only are you a Honda guy, but seem to be a big fan of automatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13
Cost cutting by Honda is evident everywhere. Eg. My CVT had proper matting on the bonnet and the boot interior. This baby has none.
That surely sucks. Especially in a 10lakh+ car. Even the boot of the Baleno costing half that money has it. Not becoming of a car like the City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13
I have gotten an FE of 9 till now.
Sounds decent city FE in Bombay for an automatic that is no slouch and with 120 horses under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksinha10
FE of 9 appears to be on lower side. My SMT, which has run 320 Kms mostly on highway, has given avg FE of 18 as per digital readout.
The digital readout (not only for ANHC, but all cars) is purely indicative. Actual FE can be measured only by doing tank-full to tank-full method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap
As expected in various threads on ANHC, FE is a big letdown compare to NHC whose high FE (even with CVT) is a big USP.
On many threads, you would see people claiming that the ANHC would match the NHC's FE. Ofcourse it did not strike them that expecting similar FE from 2 cars that are so different in power is , inspite of others pointing it out.

Ofcourse they would argue that FE can not go down just because power is upped, because of the presence of the magic gadget called i-Vtec, which somehow would not only ensure high power, but at the same time ensure the frugality of the iDSi. Anyway, with this and other reviews mentioning FE at a logical 9-11, I guess reality is there for all to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap
IS there Honda has something miscalculated about ANHC?
I don't think they miscalculated anything as far as the car itself is concerned. However, a couple of related factors they missed or could not anticipate are :
1) The global slowdown / recession which is making people avoid or go slow on new car purchases.
2) The fact that Fiat would get their act together with the Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno
But i've driven my car with 100% AC and have got 18+kmpl on highways so 20+ without AC is possible.
Boss, FE is a damn complex thing - dependent on lots of factors. Out of curiosity, at what speed do you manage this 18kmpl FE ? And what car is yours ?
Old 18th February 2009, 17:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Boss, FE is a damn complex thing - dependent on lots of factors. Out of curiosity, at what speed do you manage this 18kmpl FE ? And what car is yours ?
From his signature, I'd say he was referring to his NHC GXI

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks