Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 12:58   #16
BHPian

Brilliant article, Hanmust. I've always wanted to drive down to Kerala from Delhi. Someday...maybe! Anyway, I'm back in Calicut now. Haven't seen your G around. Would love to meet up and see your pride & joy in the metal. Is she garaged or something?
Old 12th September 2009, 16:27   #17
BHPian

first and foremost congratulations on your good loking wagen.

very nicely wriiten too , a true complete account of travelling across India ( most of it) . What was more tiring ? driving or writing?
Old 29th October 2009, 09:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
first and foremost congratulations on your good loking wagen.

very nicely wriiten too , a true complete account of travelling across India ( most of it) . What was more tiring ? driving or writing?
Thank you & sorry, just noticed ur commands.

Most tiring for me ofcource was writing/typing this report!
Old 29th October 2009, 09:57   #19
BHPian

Superb write-up Hanmust. You have taken effort to guide the reader from the buying process. Fantastic.

Fantastic vehicle too. I think one issue with G-wagons are their differential locks. Should not be an issue for normal usage. This was told by an army veteran from his 'army usage' experience.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Superb write-up Hanmust. You have taken effort to guide the reader from the buying process. Fantastic.

Fantastic vehicle too. I think one issue with G-wagons are their differential locks. Should not be an issue for normal usage. This was told by an army veteran from his 'army usage' experience.
Thank you buddy!

You are true to an extend! I'll give you the correct picture! It's not an issue or problem, but insdie the front differential there is a differential lock gear, which is made of magnisium. Normally after a lakh kilometers, if it's used quite a lot with 4WD, it'll get worn. So it should be replaced, it's not expensive or serious job, but lack of awareness cause the issue.

I was informed by one of my friend who is an expert daignostic as well as he worked in Merc for 13 year & 3 years in Germany itself! So he's quite familiar with the Gs .

BTW, where are you from Kerala? What you do? Can't send you a PM as its blocked!

Last edited by hanmust : 30th October 2009 at 16:08.
Old 30th November 2009, 02:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hats off buddy , awsome travelouge
Old 30th November 2009, 13:08   #22
sps
BHPian

hi Hanmust! What a journey and that too with your parents on board. Wonderful. A merc is a merc.
How is it performing now?

Well I read your thread one year back when I was not a member of TBHP, now I landed here again and read it fully, even though I still remember your write up and pics.
I too dream of an all india tour by road. Hope to see your G Wagen some time in KL roads
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Hats off buddy , awsome travelouge
Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
hi Hanmust! What a journey and that too with your parents on board. Wonderful. A merc is a merc.
How is it performing now?

Well I read your thread one year back when I was not a member of TBHP, now I landed here again and read it fully, even though I still remember your write up and pics.
I too dream of an all india tour by road. Hope to see your G Wagen some time in KL roads
Thank you Foby & sps.

sps; its performing perfectly & is already in Calicut. I've just redone it, have a look at it; http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-wagen-13.html
Old 9th December 2009, 16:16   #24
BHPian

So what was the total damagen then Buddy inc the purchase price.

Looks awesome man. Good work

Cheers
Old 10th December 2009, 07:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

I just read this and what an amazing travelogue and passion for G-Wagen. I have always been a sucker for the simple designs that last a long time. Will go through your owner experience thread.

Cheers
Old 14th August 2019, 22:00   #26
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Calicut - 3000km in Mercedes G-wagen

Just came across your review on the new G in youtube, where there was this mention about your very own personal 300GD. Did a quick search on the forum and stumbled on this almost 10 year old thread. Glad that you still have the vehicle and is running strong with everything murdered out

Regards,
E

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks