Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vik- Its certainly raining ANHC. Ah do i see another Honda winner here
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey, congratulations on the fab car. You live somewhere near Domlur? Coz I remember seeing a new ANHC of the same colour there.
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:08   #18
BHPian

[quote=csentil;1076829]Hey, congratulations on the fab car. You live somewhere near Domlur? Coz I remember seeing a new ANHC of the same colour there.[/QUOTE

That is correct. Many thanks.
Old 3rd December 2008, 01:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

I hope you have covered parking. Coz from the fotos I see you have parked on the road and I also remember seeing it parked on one of the bylanes there.
Old 3rd December 2008, 03:22   #20
BHPian

ah yes - that. I do have parking but it currently houses my old car (it's an emotional thing). I should have the garage in a few days and also getting myself the City cover just in case. Where are you at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Congratulations on your new set of wheels!
Glad to see so many initial ownership reports for G3HC (Generation 3 Honda City).
Many thanks. Maybe I'll swing by through Pune (which is where I'm from originally)
Old 3rd December 2008, 03:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Glad to see so many initial ownership reports for G3HC (Generation 3 Honda City).

Quote:
Great to see your ANHC < This car has so many names and and variants in TBHP, OHC, NHC, ANHC. do not know what's next?>.
Prior to launch of current Honda City, in pre-launch scoop thread we have decided to call Honda city generations as under:

G1HC: pre-2003 models; earlier termed as OHC (type-I means without multi-reflector headlamps, type-II indicates models with multi-reflector headlamps)

G2HC: models between 2003-2008; earlier termed as NHC (iDSi/VTEC models bearing names as City & City ZX)

G3HC: 2008 models having i-VTEC engine

Mods & senior BHPians please confirm.
Old 3rd December 2008, 06:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! 13.5 FE in bangalore sounds great, looking forward to hear the correct figure.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:25   #23
BHPian

Congrats Vikster, nice looking car, the color suits the car very much.
Slightly OT: How much extra did you have to pay for jumping the registration series? I've seen KA 51 with P series. I'm asking this beacuse when I bought my car, the dealer said that the RTO charges 30K for a different series and 10K for specific no:
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:34   #24
BHPian

Congrtz man.
This is a great buy.
I love the way the back side has been styled, very edgy and modern.I think it's the smartest car in it's segment out there.
Cheers
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

Prior to launch of current Honda City, in pre-launch scoop thread we have decided to call Honda city generations as under:

G1HC: pre-2003 models; earlier termed as OHC (type-I means without multi-reflector headlamps, type-II indicates models with multi-reflector headlamps)

G2HC: models between 2003-2008; earlier termed as NHC (iDSi/VTEC models bearing names as City & City ZX)

G3HC: 2008 models having i-VTEC engine

Mods & senior BHPians please confirm.
Bah! ANHC reads and sounds much better than the stodgy G3HC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Congrtz man.
This is a great buy.
I love the way the back side has been styled, very edgy and modern.I think it's the smartest car in it's segment out there.
Cheers
The rear is much more stylized than anything currently on the streets - looks best in silver, which brings out all the cuts and the lines on it. That it tapers off means that it gives the car a narrower than actual appearance.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

@gt_bhp:

Here at the Trivandrum RTO, the rules are as follows:

For any specific number, you have to book it a day in advance for Rs. 2000/-. 24 hours later, if no one has claimed that number, you get that specific number allotted to you. That is the entire registration charge. You can only choose a number that is in a window of 150 from the last day's closing number. That is, if the last number yesterday was, say AT 4560, you can book upto 4710 the next day. As far as I know, you cannot register a different series or outside this window no matter how much money you can pay.

A set of numbers are always considered as "fancy" numbers - 1, 11, 111, 111 etc etc and are displayed on the board there. You will have to pay 2K for these numbers whether or not it comes to you naturally - but in busy RTOs, there will always be a bidding war for these special numbers. I've heard of numbers like 1 going for lakhs. If for some reason you choose not to register your vehicle in a number you won, you will lose the 2K deposit. You have a certain time window to register your vehicle in a number you win - I believe it is 3 days or one week. If you wait more than that, you will lose the 2K deposit.

If someone else also books your same number within the 24 hour window, it goes to an auction for that number. The highest bidder wins the number.

If you take more than one week from the date of issue of the temporary license (usually the day before the car is delivered to you) to register your vehicle, you'll have to pay a flat fine of Rs. 500/- at the time of registration.

If you go through agents at the RTO, you will end up paying more. If you go by the chaste route, you'll end up waiting endlessly for simple things. As a compromise, go through the agent contracted by the dealer - almost every dealer has one and he'll get you through the whole process painlessly.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 3rd December 2008 at 16:58.
Old 3rd December 2008, 18:38   #27
BHPian

A car with H4 lights and also without fog lights. I really do not understand? Is this car truly a city car only. In that case it is ok.
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

You use fog lights a lot for highway drives?
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:32   #29
BHPian

congrats dude..

like the colour and the way it looks! i quite like the way the tail looks. i actually think it works on this car and gives it an edginess that was missing in all the earlier models. it kinda looks 3 series bmw'ish if you ask me ??!!

not bad for an 8 1/2 lakh looker eh?
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
it kinda looks 3 series bmw'ish if you ask me ??!!
Thats because its a rip off from there only so you can get the feel of 30+ lakhs in 8+ lakhs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks