Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 21:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The CR-V is not a fully imported car!!
I always thought CRV is a CBU. Are you sure it is not?
Old 19th December 2008, 22:31   #62
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
Hello - first FE test complete within Bangalore limits and the final figure I have is 12-12.5 kmpl with the AC on 90 percent of the time. I've just started the next leg now.
12-12.5.....not a bad mileage; nothing great either :(

Some improvement can be expected on the FE as the car runs in, but the improvement should get compensated as the climate gets hotter and the AC has to do full duty.......

Keep us updated on the highway figures. It will be interesting to see how efficient the engine is when the pedal is pushed hard.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:50   #63
BHPian

can someone explain why mileage might improve after a car "runs in"? Or after the first servicing?
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:23   #64
BHPian

Any ownership experience with ANHC here, Can someone throw some light.
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
hi - anything specific you would like to know? It's been a terrific 2 months so far.
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

I dont know but i am rather disappointed with the AHNC, when compared to the Civic. The AHNC does not put that Smile on your Face as compared to the Civic, Though its a great city car, decent FE managing a figure of 13 from the last few fills, but its not that lively.

I still pick the keys of my civic, when going out for a nice evening spin.
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:20   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I dont know but i am rather disappointed with the AHNC, when compared to the Civic. The AHNC does not put that Smile on your Face as compared to the Civic, Though its a great city car, decent FE managing a figure of 13 from the last few fills, but its not that lively.

I still pick the keys of my civic, when going out for a nice evening spin.
Well buddy i believe your others cars are civic and accord so i guess that feeling is likely.

Still any particular reason why anhc does not excite you that much??

Elito
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

I dont know Elito like i said, It does not Put a Smile, Though its a great all round car, The features are par that of civic, But when it comes to pure driving pleasure its the Civic all the way,

I dont find the engine that is Rev-Happy as compared to the Civic, The Civic is Happy to be taken all the way to the Rev-Limiter, This maybe due to the fact that I have a K&N Typhoon Kit and a Free flow in the civic
Old 23rd January 2009, 23:23   #69
BHPian

@m4ugr8 - know what you mean. whenever I go home I take my parents' Civic out for a drive. It doesn't have any Typhoon kit - it's the first cut model. It's a fantastic drive and I know what you refer to when you speak of the rev. But i managed more than a smile on a few occassions in the City recently - on the highway (it's got a decent rip for its size), and a few corners in Bangalore (great turning radius).
Old 25th January 2009, 17:48   #70
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
hi - anything specific you would like to know? It's been a terrific 2 months so far.
The obvious question - What's the milege, in the city & on highways?

Have one more question though - How does it pull in the city traffic while trying to race when the signal turns green or when you find a gap to overtake that fully loaded truck in front of you?
Old 25th January 2009, 18:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
The obvious question - What's the milege, in the city & on highways?

Have one more question though - How does it pull in the city traffic while trying to race when the signal turns green or when you find a gap to overtake that fully loaded truck in front of you?
will address your second question first since its fresh in my head and something that I really needed (i don't really race at traffic lights but get very frustrated stuck behind large slow vehicles). Just took the car out on the highway and encountered more than a few jams with trucks/lorries driving annoyingly on the right-hand side of the road. Overtaking in 2nd gear is NOT an issue. The car's got enough nip and is small enough to make some tight maneuvers. Same experience in city traffic where you know you might have to have to drive in low gears for a while.

mileage - two full tank-to-full tank tests in the city with the A/C on and I'm getting 11.5-12.5 km/l. Was pleasantly surprised on the highway where the car delivered 16 (again with the AC) and was a great drive.
Old 25th January 2009, 18:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The CR-V is not a fully imported car!!
It is.

It you have any info proving otherwise, please share.
Old 26th January 2009, 19:36   #73
BHPian

After lurking around the ANHC threads here for some time, took the plunge and got a new ANHC Type S, White a month back..

Pluses:
  • Definitely Feels powerful.
  • Quite a head turner.
  • Getting close to 13 in the city(Well, should say no-highway since I live in the suburbs)
  • Feels stable even while driving pretty fast
  • Pretty spacious
Minuses:
  • Bad AC. ( Passengers at the back always complain of AC not reaching them..Especially in the afternoons..)
  • Not as smooth as it was a month back.(Maybe I am a bad driver)
  • Only a single key had the remote Lock/Unlock. The spare does not have lock/unlock buttons. The Lock part did not work yesterday, but is working today. The images for lock and unlock has already vanished off the key, someone new would have no clue on what to do with it in a month's time. Additionally, would have preferred some sort of sound when I lock and unlock.
  • Would have prefered to have the power windows active even after the key has been removed.
The Music system is decent. Planning to get it upgraded though as it is a step dwon from my previous system and parents are complaining..

Did the first service last week at Cosmic Honda, Kochi..Dealer offered a bluetooth + rear vision camera for 16k which I jumped at (Thought it was a Honda accessory) . Ended up being pretty pathetic. Definitely not a Honda original accessory.

Went with a friend to check out the Linea. Definitely seems better than the Honda City. But my friend who drove it felt that the City drove significantly better.
Old 26th January 2009, 20:55   #74
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car deva

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Minuses:
Bad AC. ( Passengers at the back always complain of AC not reaching them..Especially in the afternoons..)
Yeah, a problem in the Civic as well. The lack of rear AC vents cause this problem. Alleviated with the use of sunfilm.

Quote:
Not as smooth as it was a month back.(Maybe I am a bad driver)
Are you following the run-in precautions? There are differing views on whether or not new age engines require any run-in, but it has done a good job in my case. Check this thread for details.. Also, your engine will become butter smooth after the first oil change.

Quote:
Only a single key had the remote Lock/Unlock. The spare does not have lock/unlock buttons. The Lock part did not work yesterday, but is working today. The images for lock and unlock has already vanished off the key, someone new would have no clue on what to do with it in a month's time. Additionally, would have preferred some sort of sound when I lock and unlock.
That is weird. My keys still have the images on them. A drop in quality of late by Honda perhaps.

Quote:
Would have prefered to have the power windows active even after the key has been removed.
They are supposed to be active for some time after the key is taken out in most cars. It is in the Civic. Dunno about the City.

Quote:
Went with a friend to check out the Linea. Definitely seems better than the Honda City. But my friend who drove it felt that the City drove significantly better.
Why bother comparing your car to others now that you've purchased it? Don't worry about things like that - the City is a very capable machine in its own right. Enjoy it

If you get the time, do write up about your ownership experiences.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 26th January 2009 at 20:56.
Old 27th January 2009, 01:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
After lurking around the ANHC threads here for some time, took the plunge and got a new ANHC Type S, White a month back..

Pluses:
  • Definitely Feels powerful.
  • Quite a head turner.
  • Getting close to 13 in the city(Well, should say no-highway since I live in the suburbs)
  • Feels stable even while driving pretty fast
  • Pretty spacious
Minuses:
  • Bad AC. ( Passengers at the back always complain of AC not reaching them..Especially in the afternoons..)
  • Not as smooth as it was a month back.(Maybe I am a bad driver)
  • Only a single key had the remote Lock/Unlock. The spare does not have lock/unlock buttons. The Lock part did not work yesterday, but is working today. The images for lock and unlock has already vanished off the key, someone new would have no clue on what to do with it in a month's time. Additionally, would have preferred some sort of sound when I lock and unlock.
  • Would have prefered to have the power windows active even after the key has been removed.
The Music system is decent. Planning to get it upgraded though as it is a step dwon from my previous system and parents are complaining..

Did the first service last week at Cosmic Honda, Kochi..Dealer offered a bluetooth + rear vision camera for 16k which I jumped at (Thought it was a Honda accessory) . Ended up being pretty pathetic. Definitely not a Honda original accessory.

Hey Deva - Congratulations. Enjoy the car - it's a neat machine. Take it out of the city if you can. I quite agree with your view on the AC. Definitely NEEDS to be better for rear-seat passengers. Good suggestion in the previous post there about the films.

I think white is a great colour for the ANHC - are you getting alloys and the door shades fitted later? They look great on white.

Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks