Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 01:20   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Iam new to team-BHP, had been a silent reader though from years..

I own ANHC - RED S Variant Manual, I have the same issue with the head lights. I find it hard while driving in streets with poor lighting!!!

Did anyone upgrade them? if so what are the specs...

I tried to get it done from the showroom, but there answer was NO!!!

Insurance would be void on electrical in case I fix them outside... it's a road block..:-(

Fog lights from Honda are way too expensive...
Raghu, there is one option that you can try before loosing hopes on the Honda city lights. Philips xtreme bulbs promises to be emitting 80% more lights than normal bulb of same capacity. I do not remember City lights configs, but last when I enquired at a local car shop, salesguy pitched Rs.780 for a pair. I have heard a lot but have not tried it yet. I guess that is worth plus no extra wiring/cut out installation required, so it does not void any warranty.

But please do install same config bulbs as current one, different config can overload car's electrical system and can even blow them up. Config you can get either from manual or directly from horses mouth that is the bulbs. Their will be spare pair of bulbs in your car.
Old 12th May 2010, 19:11   #92
BHPian

ANHC Fog Lamps

Hey,

I coudn't find a better post to ask this question. Mods please move it to appropriate thread if required.

I own an ANHC S MT. As you know it does not have factory fitted fog lamps. I always wanted to have chrome handles and fog lamps on my car. (Chrome I am sure it will be available in local stores sooner or later).Post launch of V MT/AT my urge even became higher and I one fine day I was in Honda showroom but know fact about Honda's exorbitant pricing for Fog lamps ~20K!

Any ways getting to the point, with help of a Bhpian I came across a site where both Fog lamps and chrome handle (dirt cheap) for ANHC are available, and they ship to India .

Below is the link
Fog Lamps :
08 09 10 HONDA CITY FOG SPOT LAMP LIGHT OEM FIT ARIA - eBay Fog Lights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Jun-10 01:05:00 AEST)

1. For ~5k I find them worth, what say?
2. Another important aspect is where can I get them installed. Any Idea where can I get them installed in Mumbai, as the link says it needs [COLOR=black][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']professional [/FONT][/COLOR]guy? I am of the view, that its only worth a buy if I can get them installed properly. I guess I am step closer to enhance my ANHC looks help

Last edited by mailmishra : 12th May 2010 at 19:13.
Old 12th May 2010, 22:42   #93
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Hi, do you use the Aux cable or the USB cable for connecting iPOD to the music system? (Confused as i am thinking if we use AUX, how can we control the iPOD)
It is the USB Cable absolutely if you need control from the steering mounted controls
Old 13th May 2010, 10:59   #94
BHPian

Mail mishra >

I think you can go ahead with buying only thing about the colour you need to paint the fog lamps lips to your car colour & i don't find any problem in fitting this with help of honda workshop they may charge you with labour & for painting the lip cups please PM em once you have bought it as i am also intrested in buying

also did you find any place to buy the MODULA grill for ANHC what i mean is the crome plated front grill for the car i found one in Bangkok where they priced it 5000 Rs it was cheap compared to our showroom price but i did not buy it bcz i already had hefty suitcase to transport
Old 13th May 2010, 14:08   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Mail mishra >

I think you can go ahead with buying only thing about the colour you need to paint the fog lamps lips to your car colour & i don't find any problem in fitting this with help of honda workshop they may charge you with labour & for painting the lip cups please PM em once you have bought it as i am also intrested in buying
Yes that I am planning to check with them, it at all they are ready to do for an extra charge.

Quote:
also did you find any place to buy the MODULA grill for ANHC what i mean is the crome plated front grill for the car i found one in Bangkok where they priced it 5000 Rs it was cheap compared to our showroom price but i did not buy it bcz i already had hefty suitcase to transport
Well interestingly I went to Inorbit mall in Vashi last weekend and there is one small shop for cars. He had modded the grill, which was nearly a mockup of what Honda offers in the sport grill. However he said he will do changes on existing grill. I had seen an actual photo and it looked great. Total cost Rs.3000 :-)
Old 21st September 2010, 21:04   #96
Team-BHP Support

I have the same beauty in red colour. I found the head lamps slightly less powerful than most other cars in this segment and head lamp adjusting did not help much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
Music - i don't know what the fuss is about actually. I find it incredibly convenient. I have about 400 CDs-worth of music on the iPod and I keep the pod neatly tucked away in the slot provided and am able to control it from the steering-mounted controls. Excellent! And great sound too for a stock.
In my opinion, it is best for your IPOD not to be kept in the slot behind the player. It is directly underneath the dash board and inside the console so it stands a huge risk of damage due to heat.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:32   #97
BHPian

Re: City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)

Congratulations on your buy. It is a great car. I have a question to ask you though. Does your car show any signs of wobbling at speeds in excess of 140 km/hr? Our city wobbles mildly at such speeds, the signs being evident in the steering wheel.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:52   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Congratulations on your buy. It is a great car. I have a question to ask you though. Does your car show any signs of wobbling at speeds in excess of 140 km/hr? Our city wobbles mildly at such speeds, the signs being evident in the steering wheel.
If the surface is not flat it, does wobble quite a bit. Even on very good roads, the tail is bit wavering (like a fish)
Old 3rd April 2011, 23:40   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Raghu, there is one option that you can try before loosing hopes on the Honda city lights. Philips xtreme bulbs promises to be emitting 80% more lights than normal bulb of same capacity. I do not remember City lights configs, but last when I enquired at a local car shop, salesguy pitched Rs.780 for a pair. I have heard a lot but have not tried it yet. I guess that is worth plus no extra wiring/cut out installation required, so it does not void any warranty.
I installed the Philips X-tremePower H460/55W +80% light (25m longer beam and Made in Germany) from Whitefield Honda spares. I paid Rs 1200 to get this replaced.

My experience is simply awesome, it gives me nostaligic feelings similar to switching my dad's old fiat's standard bulb to a halogen during late 80's. I would recommend it any day for the price.
Old 4th April 2011, 00:13   #100
BHPian

Here is some additional information

My stock bulb was Philips H4 60/55W Longerlife model.(This was also made in Germany) The part # 12342LL
Philips Lighting India - LongerLife

The X-treme power part # 12342XPS2
Philips Lighting India - X-tremePower
I guess the S2 suffix would probably mean that it is a twin pair
Old 21st May 2012, 15:42   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
This car has so many names and and variants in TBHP, OHC, NHC, ANHC. do not know what's next?>.
What are the full forms of these names?
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:25   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
OT :

TBHP : team-bhp
OHC : Old Honda City (the facelift of 1st City)
NHC : New Honda City (the dolphin-shaped City)
ANHC : All New Honda City ('08 City)
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
But now as per Team-BHP rules we are not supposed to use short forms like these, we simply use Honda City -mention the year if model is old.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:11   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
OHC : Old Honda City (the facelift of 1st City)
NHC : New Honda City (the dolphin-shaped City)
ANHC : All New Honda City ('08 City)
I simply prefer the City Mk.I II. and III. Very prosaic but far more obvious.
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:04   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I simply prefer the City Mk.I II. and III. Very prosaic but far more obvious.
This reminds me of my dad telling this is my Amby MK II , MK III , MK IV etc.,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks