Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:08   #1
BHPian

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)

Hello - I thought I'd start a separate thread to discuss my experiences with my new Honda City (Manual S variant) that I bought last week. It's been an absolute pleasure to drive around and the car definitely has an edge to it. It's probably not an acquired taste and one either likes it or doesn't. I like it.

On the FE front - i'm doing a full tank test now but initial estimates suggest that I'm getting about 13.5 kmpl in Bangalore with the AC on most of the time. But I'll update that later.

In the meantime I'm uploading some pics (interior later tonight to show up the side garnishes!)

And on the -ve side - I found the headlights a little weak. But I'd like to hear other opinions. Anyone who has been on the inner ring road at night knows it can get quite dark and the street lamps are basically just bad decoration but still I kept wishing the headlights would do better without switching to high beam.
Attached Thumbnails
City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-1-road-test.jpg  

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-2__road_test.jpg  

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-3__the_key.jpg  

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-5__ivtec.jpg  

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-6-interior.jpg  

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-7-rear.jpg  

Vikster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:29   #2
BHPian

excellent! good to see its raining ANHC in this forum!
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great to see your ANHC < This car has so many names and and variants in TBHP, OHC, NHC, ANHC. do not know what's next?>.

Like the vehicle, it is not almost complete package and great competition to SX4.

What is OTR Price of ANHC in Bangalore?

I am sorry is this question being answered in any other thread.

EDIT: Is there no place for FOG LAMPS in the ANHC ? I cannot see one. Owners please clarify.

Last edited by anujmishra : 2nd December 2008 at 14:00.
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Vikster, Nice looking car.Super Cool!!
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

EDIT: Is there no place for FOG LAMPS in the ANHC ? I cannot see one. Owners please clarify.
Fog lamps can be fitted on the ANHC. Confirmed at the local dealer here (Ace Honda) during test drive.
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Vikster; congrats.
The rear is so beemer like. Hows its ICE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Fog lamps can be fitted on the ANHC. Confirmed at the local dealer here (Ace Honda) during test drive.
It should be pricey.
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

Old 2nd December 2008, 14:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

somehow,the rear of this car is a complete designing disaster,reminds me of the Old baleno.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:11   #9
BHPian

nice car mate. Keep updating on the driving experience, fuel efficiency, ground clearance, boot capacity, a/c cooling. .
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:11   #10
BHPian

It's raining ANHC here now. The colour is good too. I just saw a similar grey one in Mahalaxmi and it looked nice and solid. Also a white one in Andheri - that looked good too. Congrats, more pics of the interiors if you can.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:23   #11
BHPian

Oh Man so it has same old problem what we have in OHC older version (2005). I had a similar issue driving my OHC and specially in rainy day it will become hell and you feel like better to carry search lights along with you.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:36   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
that's correct - and the fog lights look pretty neat. Thinking of getting those and a set of alloys fitted in March/April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
somehow,the rear of this car is a complete designing disaster,reminds me of the Old baleno.
It could've been better but I quite like the design, the lines and also the restrained use of the branding. But the Baleno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
nice car mate. Keep updating on the driving experience, fuel efficiency, ground clearance, boot capacity, a/c cooling. .
Driving experience - this isn't supposed to be a chauffeur-driven in my opinion. It's got a steady pick up and a very, very nice feel between the 60-100 kmph range. I don't really stress test cars much but planning to take it on a road-trip later this month and will post my thoughts. One thing though - it handles bad city roads very well but there are some potholes you HAVE to feel. And you do in this car. Also, very quiet engine (but I'm coming from driving an 18-yr old Nissan so almost anything is silent for me!).

Fuel Efficiency - like I said initial estimates for Bangalore city driving with AC are 13.5+ kmpl. I got a half tank to go for a more accurate number. Haven't really corroborated with the instrument panel number though.

ground clearance - so far so good. No speed breaker in East Bangalore has been introduced to the underside of my car yet! But i fear there are a few on the outskirts of Bangalore that will...

Boot - huge. 506 litres. Huge.

a/c cooling - Average. Could've been better for sure. My conspiracy theory is that they've release the car in winter with this AC unit for a reason!

Music - i don't know what the fuss is about actually. I find it incredibly convenient. I have about 400 CDs-worth of music on the iPod and I keep the pod neatly tucked away in the slot provided and am able to control it from the steering-mounted controls. Excellent! And great sound too for a stock.

Last edited by Vikster : 2nd December 2008 at 15:49.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post

And on the -ve side - I found the headlights a little weak. But I'd like to hear other opinions. Anyone who has been on the inner ring road at night knows it can get quite dark and the street lamps are basically just bad decoration but still I kept wishing the headlights would do better without switching to high beam.
I had found the same problem when i TD it last night. Fog lamps might a decent option but as JK mentioned it would be expensive , thanks to
Honda s super pricey list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post

I dont think its a disaster. Its decent to say the least. Common Ramie bhai its not that bad as Baleno.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Oh Man so it has same old problem what we have in OHC older version (2005). I had a similar issue driving my OHC and specially in rainy day it will become hell and you feel like better to carry search lights along with you.
Hehe - that's a good option. One of those mean Eveready ones. Any solution to this you found?
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Vikster;1076703]It could've been better but I quite like the design, the lines and also the restrained use of the branding. But the Baleno?/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Common Ramie bhai its not that bad as Baleno.
Aarey yaar i am not debating or against the car,I have seen in person and test driven it and its wowww factor,one of this coming in my family too the only issue is the rear light design which is again my personal choice i wasn't impressed.

Most Viewed