Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2005, 19:07   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
they call it 'Shift on the Fly' for engaging the 4wd while the vehicle is running.
Shift on the fly : Moving from 4x2 to 4x4 when the vehicle is in motion.

But what Beemer is talking about is that the 4x4 is disengaged once the Tucson crosses 35 km/h. So much for off-roading.

Quote:
i still dream of a Good SUV at around 10 lakhs.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

GTO
Old 19th April 2005, 21:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think this car is going to be reasonably succesful, but I am yet to master the way it is pronounced!! too-son just dosent roll off the tongue quickly when you know the spelling on paper is so different!!
Old 20th April 2005, 01:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
BTB, How was the gear shift?
Gearshift is preety ok .To be honest ,as far as i know , this car doesn't stand out in anything (except for the CRDi), as you would expect from a vehicle of this price but having said , there's even hard to find a serious chink in the armour .

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
Did you test drive the XTrail, if not, you should do it.

No i heavent, as i feel there's no point in driving a car thats way out of my budget . But , yes i ve read its reviews and it seems a very promising car/ SUV , espically the Diesel engine . But no matter what , it is way too overpriced .
Old 20th April 2005, 02:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
To be honest ,as far as i know , this car doesn't stand out in anything (except for the CRDi), as you would expect from a vehicle of this price but having said , there's even hard to find a serious chink in the armour.
Typically Hyundai - hard to find a specific strength, but addresses all requirements without much to fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
No i heavent, as i feel there's no point in driving a car thats way out of my budget . But , yes i ve read its reviews and it seems a very promising car/ SUV , espically the Diesel engine. But no matter what , it is way too overpriced .
Correct. The X Trail is similar to the CRV or the Tucson and at a cost of nearly 50% more than these two it doesnt make any sense at all. Would you buy an Accord if it were priced at 50% more than a Camry?
Old 20th April 2005, 03:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Correct. The X Trail is similar to the CRV or the Tucson and at a cost of nearly 50% more than these two it doesnt make any sense at all.
I totally agree , dont know what the **** nissan or to some extend Toyota think of india , do they think indians are too rich or too foolish that they are going to buy a car which as you said is 50% more then the car of its segment !!!
coz the X-trail is competing successfully in the europe and is priced , just a lac above(approx ,indian curr.) than the cr-vs and tucson's .

Firstly they dont come up with the same quality cars , when compared to the international markets and if they do , they charge hefty ,extra premium as if India is one of the most richest country in the world ! Eg. being the x-trail and to some extend "camry" .

We should give a big kick on their a** and should make them realise for the foolish mistake they are doing . If you ask me , i would never like to visit any Nissan showroom , until and unless they stop taking us for granted .

Last edited by Beemer : 20th April 2005 at 03:38.
Old 20th April 2005, 09:47   #21
BHPian

Nissan's princing blunder shows. hardly get to see any xtrails or for that matter the Camry. IMHO Honda has some how managed to get all their pricings right. The city, accord and cr-v are spot on!
Old 20th April 2005, 11:00   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Nissan's princing blunder shows. hardly get to see any xtrails or for that matter the Camry. IMHO Honda has some how managed to get all their pricings right. The city, accord and cr-v are spot on!

But there are 30 mugs in bangalore who have put down money for the X trail
Old 20th April 2005, 14:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey ajmat what does the word "mugs" mean?

the shift on the fly in a tata safari is a small switch/knob beside the hand brake using which u can go on to 4H in running,but for 4L u need to be in a stop position
to get out of the 4 wheel drive you need to put it back in 2L and makes some rounds in reverse! to unlock the hubs i guess.

the knob controls the borg warner transfer case, which transmits the power to the front wheels

but in the crv it's done automatically dunno how though musct be similar to the tuscon, still reading the manual which is as thick as a dictonary!

Last edited by aadix : 20th April 2005 at 14:32.
Old 20th April 2005, 16:48   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would you buy an Accord if it were priced at 50% more than a Camry?
Conversely, the Camry IS priced at a couple more lacs than the Accord. Hardly any private buyers opt for it. Its mostly corporates and hotels under the EPCG scheme.

GTO
Old 20th April 2005, 21:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

If I were operating a fleet, I'd either go for Octavia L&K's, or go to the other end and get a C-class or something. Camry is just not appealing at all.
Old 20th April 2005, 21:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
If I were operating a fleet, I'd either go for Octavia L&K's, or go to the other end and get a C-class or something. Camry is just not appealing at all.
Quite the opposite, in fact. People going in for fleet purchases look for ease of maintenance, lower running and maintenance costs, reliability and other attributes.

Moreover, the C Class cannot match the Camry's interior space - lets not even talk about the Skoda in that respect. If I were running a fleet, Camry would be the first choice if it were in the right price-band.
Old 21st April 2005, 00:04   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If I were running a fleet, Camry would be the first choice if it were in the right price-band.
The Leela Hotel Group has paid about 9.7x lacs per Camry - fully loaded. Damn, sometimes I wish I was in the hotel business.

GTO
Old 21st April 2005, 00:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
IMHO Honda has some how managed to get all their pricings right. The city, accord and cr-v are spot on!
Yes and we all love honda for this , isnt it ? and that shows as each of them is toppest in their respective segments . However , they need to work espically on the ride quality on all these 3 cars .
Old 21st April 2005, 00:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
The Leela Hotel Group has paid about 9.7x lacs per Camry - fully loaded. Damn, sometimes I wish I was in the hotel business.

GTO
Yup, just like we picked up our Mondeos for about Rs.4 lakhs apiece (here in Dubai).
Old 21st April 2005, 00:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Yup, just like we picked up our Mondeos for about Rs.4 lakhs apiece (here in Dubai).
Wow new mondeo for 4 lacs ,its even less then the price we pay here for a Hyundai santro xing !!!

Damn , why can't our INDIA be a duty free country , i think we all should send a PM to our indian PM .... hehehe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks