Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2005, 23:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Can't see loosing another probable Fiat owner.
Karnataka just lost one of their three Fiat dealers, what's another Fiat owner.

Anyway, time to explain the deal on Baleno Lxi. There is not much deal anymore since Maruti dealers are not allowed to give any discounts. Somebody was talking about 6.0L or 6.2 on road, but how do you do it when registration+road tax in Karnataka comes to 73K on a 5.7L car? Not to forget misc, extra warranty etc. Anyway, the final price on road came to 6.48L after free insurance. Took 90% finance and ended up with 16K EMI. Other than one year insurance, only thing I got free was mud flaps, floor mats and dicky mats. I am no great negotiator, so there.

I got some quotes on accessories for dealer installation,

1) K&N Filter (only element exchange) - Rs.3490
2) K&N Filter with high performance setup (warranty void) - Rs.5500
3) Kenwood 4026 MP3 Player with four speakers Front (100W) and rear(250W) - Rs.14,440
4) Kenwood 4026 MP3 Player with four speakers Front (160W) and rear(280W) - Rs.16,970
5) Aura Alloys (set of 5) 14" x 5.5" - Rs.18,500
6) Tyre Upgrade to 195/60R14 Potenza GIII (set of 5) with exchange - Rs.11,760.
7) Baleno Vxi Rear spoiler with and without brake lights - Rs.7500/5250.

Rest are minor.

Regarding the alloys I think they are overpriced for a local alloy and they don't have the 6" rims I prefer. The tyre prices look ok but how can I get the tyre without buying the alloys from them. I'll look at Hot Track based on Rudra's suggestion.
Old 14th April 2005, 00:10   #32
RJK
Senior - BHPian

My advice : Don't buy anything from the dealer. Although the tyre prices are not exorbitant, I'm sure you'll get a better deal outside. The Mp3 Player is definitely going to be ridiculous. Don't bother about it.
Old 14th April 2005, 08:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Anyway, the final price on road came to 6.48L after free insurance. Took 90% finance and ended up with 16K EMI.
Now you touched it and...... ? looks like you moved on.....

By the way whats this 16k emi . Is this for 3 years or what? and which alloy design did you go for? Get some sleep will you!

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 14th April 2005 at 08:21.
Old 14th April 2005, 09:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
By the way whats this 16k emi . Is this for 3 years or what? and which alloy design did you go for? Get some sleep will you!
Yep I think it is the 3 year thingie. When I had asked for a quote it was coming to about 13k. And that was in Mumbai. Maybe this is the effect of the budget.
Old 14th April 2005, 09:47   #35
BHPian

interest rate is 4.1... % flat. Nice one, which bank is this samurai??
Old 14th April 2005, 09:56   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
interest rate is 4.1... % flat. Nice one, which bank is this samurai??
Actually it is 90% of invoice value, I financed for 5.19L only. The rate is 7.3% reducing or 4.x% flat. Anyway, it is the EMI that counts. The bank is HDFC.
Old 14th April 2005, 10:01   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Actually it is 90% of invoice value, I financed for 5.19L only. The rate is 7.3% reducing or 4.x% flat. Anyway, it is the EMI that counts. The bank is HDFC.
yes, typical american style EMI.. yes I meant interest on 5.19 lks only, U know I have a MBA
Old 14th April 2005, 10:19   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yes, typical american style EMI.. yes I meant interest on 5.19 lks only, U know I have a MBA
Oh, you have a MBA? Then I have to explain you everything...

http://www.americandaily.com/article/3661

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 14th April 2005, 10:22   #39
BHPian

I know . I saw it in Mba Jungle magazine.. May be Im like that now

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 14th April 2005 at 10:26.
Old 14th April 2005, 10:34   #40
Team-BHP Support

go for k&n replacement filter, i personally never liked the so called performance filter on a stock car, never made such a huge diff according to me..

and yes stereo am a Pioneer freak
Old 14th April 2005, 17:39   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
go for k&n replacement filter, i personally never liked the so called performance filter on a stock car, never made such a huge diff according to me..
Yeah, that's what I am planning to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
and yes stereo am a Pioneer freak
How's their price on Kenwood? I am not very well informed about car stereo brands, should I look for something else or is Kenwood decent enough.
Old 14th April 2005, 18:35   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, I just booked it. I'll be paying the down payment this evening. And decided to go for 195/60R14 because of ride comfort and also dealer discouraged 15" on Baleno.
Congratulations, decision well taken on the car and the tyres.

Stereo : Low to mid - range budget, always go for Pioneer.

GTO
Old 15th April 2005, 21:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Samurai

My own booking (now cancelled, read here why... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4604) was for a on-road price, Euro-III spec for Rs. 6.08 lakhs, Mumbai. So 6.5 seems a bit hard to fathom. Maybe Maruti has pulled back its discounts, but better verify before you get into this.

195/60 R14s are a good choice. As RJK mentioned, look at Michelin Pilot Precedas.. they really offer good compromise between road grip and ride.. though it might be slightly harsh.

In-case you are looking at fitting in a CD-Changer, the Pioneer 5650/5750 range are quite good. Otherwise go for a double-Din MP3 player, that should still provide you with loads of flexibility between cassettes and CDs.

All the best with your ride. Looking forward to a long-term report from you.

Revv
Old 15th April 2005, 22:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

hey samurai,

other than the headlight upgrade relay and the car security dont buy anything else from the dealer.
so thats 1200rs for the lights +relay and abt 4k for the base maruti nippon car security.
a set of aura alloy rims from a tire shop outside should cost you around 2.5k per rim
remember according to the G3 table,6j was the right size for the 195 tires.so u need to get 6j rims.

the tires should cost around 3.5k max.and u should get around 2k atleast for your existing tires.i.e u might have to pay a max of 1000k/tire for your upgrade of g3.

so keep one stoick tire as the spare,so that it can be used in both directions.so u need only a set of 4 alloys and 4 tires.

i.e its 10k for 4 alloy rims and and around 5k for 4 tires.so thats around 16k max for your tire /rim upgrade.

if at all u are going for the 5th alloy as well ,u will be in a fix as to what direction to fit the spare tire.
if u have decided on going for it,then fix the tire to fit on the LHS,as chances od LHS tire getting punctured is more,as the road towards the driver is always more cleaner.

i feel u stick to your 165/80r13 as the spare tire.

abt k&n ,go for the stock replacement k&n filter.so add another 3.5k

cannot say much abt the music system.but i have seen vivaids baleno with alpine head unit and 4 jbl speakers.its pretty good.

the spoiler is a waste.instead u could spend that money on mabbe good seat covers.
u can get stanley seat covers for around 20k on the higher side or the cheapr ones like g-sport or saddles for around 6k.
mabbe its cheapr in bangalore as its made over there

and all the best for your ride.

initially u might have a few problems adjusting from asmaller car to one with a boot.but then when u can play with swords,a car should not be a problem.
drive safe.

Last edited by speedsatya : 15th April 2005 at 22:42.
Old 16th April 2005, 00:27   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
Euro-III spec for Rs. 6.08 lakhs, Mumbai. So 6.5 seems a bit hard to fathom
In Karnataka we have to pay lifetime road tax of 63K on the Baleno, that's what affects the price on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
In-case you are looking at fitting in a CD-Changer, the Pioneer 5650/5750 range are quite good. Otherwise go for a double-Din MP3 player, that should still provide you with loads of flexibility between cassettes and CDs.
I don't own a single cassette. I copy all my favourite songs into MP3, therefore MP3 player + FM player would serve my purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
other than the headlight upgrade relay and the car security dont buy anything else from the dealer.
so thats 1200rs for the lights +relay and abt 4k for the base maruti nippon car security.
Good idea, in addition I might ask them to do some body color painting to side mirrors and door handles.

Quote:
so keep one stoick tire as the spare,so that it can be used in both directions.so u need only a set of 4 alloys and 4 tires.
Can't do that. My tyres will be 14", the stock is 13". I am planning to buy 5 alloys and 4 uni-directional tyres and one bi-directional for the spare.

Quote:
initially u might have a few problems adjusting from asmaller car to one with a boot.but then when u can play with swords,a car should not be a problem.
This is one area where I will be quite at home... I have mostly driven big cars, larger than D segment cars of India. My last three cars in US were Acura 3.2TL, Chevy Malibu LS and Mercury Sable GS (twin of Ford Taurus). Santro always felt like a Golf cart to me.

Most Viewed