Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 17:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

nice car and nice alloys - congrats!
Old 19th January 2009, 22:17   #47
BHPian

review:

the 1.6 fiesta has just the right looks for my taste,not too sharp nor too blunt!!the lavish honey comb grille the headlamp cluster in the front and the hugged up tail lamp at rear do compliment a lot to the aesthetics of the car.

i did wish for the chrome side molding as seen on the SXi version and also the turn indicators on the rear OVRM.

Inside,its plush and the 3 way adjustment for driver seat is thoughtful.im impressed with the ac vents,the instrument cluster and it was genius of ford to put the 'distance to empty' meter on display.the handle grip on the steering is just awesome and im impressed with the 2 tone dash board.
the seats in beige looks pleasant but i should say its a headache keeping them clean!!
i really havnt seen many people comment on the level of equipment in the fiesta but i guess i do like what we get except for a few more wants like steering mounted controls option and electrically retractable OVRM.

The Drive:
the drive is smooth even though i feel shifting gears is a little hard which i suppose is cause the gear box needs some running in time!!it feels confident behind the wheel and the engine is just too eager to show how good it can get on road!!im patiently waiting for the run in period to get over..

mods i have done and planned:
tints,ICE,art leather seats,scuff plates,spoiler
(il get the pics posted on this sat after all of it is completed)
Old 20th January 2009, 12:37   #48
BHPian

Does the 1.6 Exi and Zxi have exactly the same suspension as the 1.6 Sport?
All the mags & road tests keep going on and on about the virtues of the 1.6S' upgraded suspension and tyres and nowhere is it mentioned that it is different from the regular 1.6.

Will upgrading the Exi/Zxi's tyres and alloys to the one from the Sports version make it exactly as good as the 1.6S in the ride & handling dept?
Old 20th January 2009, 12:57   #49
BHPian

Great choice. ente abhinandhanam :-)

I too have a Fiesta Diesel at cochin. I got the side claddings in Chrome extra fitted for Rs 6000/-, though could have got it for less if I had bargained hard. But more than happy with it. Has improved the looks by leaps and bounds.

As you said, maintaining the beige is tough, and I personally prefer dark colors. The gear was notchy in my case in the beginning, but now its perfect and has a good feel to it. Run around 3200 kms in 2 months.

We got a Single DIN player with 4 speakers (apart from huge discounts) and they do a good job.

The spoiler gives a good and complete look to the Fiesta rear, though I havent installed it in mine. Heard some issues of water seepage (as informed by the dealer) into the boot, so we gave it a miss.

HAPPY DRIVING!!
Old 20th January 2009, 14:26   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Does the 1.6 Exi and Zxi have exactly the same suspension as the 1.6 Sport?
Will upgrading the Exi/Zxi's tyres and alloys to the one from the Sports version make it exactly as good as the 1.6S in the ride & handling dept?
the S type has tougher suspension(which may be liking to some and not to others).upgrading the tires to 15" as in S type will give good handling and the ride wont be bad either.but if your adamant to be just like the S type.then get your suspensions changed!!
the EXi,ZXi,SXi have the same tyre profiles and suspensions.
im on 185/65 R14 and i just am glad with the ride and handling.and im sure it is so cause of the XM1+ footwear on it!!
Old 1st February 2009, 22:12   #51
BHPian

a small update at 600 kms.
the ride is superb and makes me want to revv her up bad but just keeping my cool till the 1000 mark is up.
i did find the ride and driver position very pleasant and focused to give maximum comfort.
the gearing is a little stiff and i guess that will ease off once few 100 more kms are clocked.a little concern to me is the little bumpy feeling i get on certain roads.i guess it is the softer suspension to blame here.
i was wondering if it is possible to fit the tougher suspension of the S type into mine which has 14" wheels??
Old 2nd February 2009, 18:35   #52
BHPian

had put G-sport seat covers.im impressed by the fit and finish.let the pics do the talking!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Paprika 1.6 -fiesta ZXi-02022009275.jpg  

The Paprika 1.6 -fiesta ZXi-02022009278.jpg  

Old 30th December 2009, 19:12   #53
BHPian

had been real long since i dropped in my own car thread...
here is the details of the third service..

DESCRIPTION (PRICE)

Parts
  1. filter air cleaner ( 222)
  2. filter oil (81)
  3. engine oil (684)

Labour and Services
  1. part 10420000 (759)-no idea what this is!!
  2. wheel alignment (300)
  3. miscellaneous charges (100)
  4. car pick up charge (250)

Total : Rs.2668
Old 30th December 2009, 20:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

759 is the regular service charge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks