Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 16:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsri007 View Post
The Remote locking kit which goes with palio is auto cop, as said by thomas, the wiring is very sensitive, if some short circuit happens, Everything will collapse right from lock to power windows.
Its surprising. The dealers and assosiated workshop people are supposed to know the best about the wiring. It seems that they are pursuading the customer not to buy remote lock just to cover their ignorance. God forbid, if tomorrow something happens to the wiring for some other reason, how would they rectify it?

Anyways, it seems that it will be equally difficult to get a remote lock for stile for the same reason.
Old 29th January 2009, 19:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
if tomorrow something happens to the wiring for some other reason, how would they rectify it?

Anyways, it seems that it will be equally difficult to get a remote lock for stile for the same reason.

If you are keen on getting one, go to good reliable ICE shop, ask them to fix the autocop

note: They will fix only the control box ! it will use the guns available in the car doors. it has 3 yrs warranty. This will come up to 3k.

But my suggestion is , just use it with manual lock, it almost has all the features except for one remote.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th January 2009 at 20:18. Reason: Removed SMS/Slang Language
Old 29th January 2009, 20:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Sri & Vasist,

Congrats to both on your new rides. 1.1's are picking up like hot cakes on t-bhp. Wishing you guys many more happy miles with your new rides. Happy motoring.
What is the on road price of the Palio 1.1 by the way in Bangalore please? Recent buyers will be able to comment.
Old 29th January 2009, 20:36   #34
BHPian

Why did you opt for Red instead of blue?

I was actually confused .. then i started liking the furnace red ! more over i will have a blue logo in Red, instead of blue in blue. I dint get the new logo coz i booked the car in dec offer!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th January 2009 at 20:45. Reason: Removed SMS Language
Old 30th January 2009, 11:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Why did you opt for Red instead of blue?

I was actually confused .. then i started liking the furnace red ! more over i will have a blue logo in Red, instead of blue in blue. I dint get the new logo coz i booked the car in dec offer!
Sadly the blue logo continues to be offered for Petrol Versions while the Red for Palio MJD.

Don't know why?

With Linea, its common Red logo for both Petrol and Diesel!
Old 30th January 2009, 15:11   #36
BHPian

I forgot to mention about the free bees i got. It was actually not that great. The car was booked in december offer , I was supposed to get 37k cash discount and Music system with 2 front speakers. Since car was invoiced ( reason given by the dealer- Perana Motors) in the month of JAN, they gaveme only 37k discount with all basic accesories. They also offered me sun film , instead I opted for car cover. But still they have kept me on hold regarding the Music system and I am still following it up.
Old 30th January 2009, 16:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to mention about the free bees i got. It was actually not that great. The car was booked in december offer , I was supposed to get 37k cash discount and Music system with 2 front speakers. Since car was invoiced ( reason given by the dealer- Perana Motors) in the month of JAN, they gaveme only 37k discount with all basic accesories. They also offered me sun film , instead I opted for car cover. But still they have kept me on hold regarding the Music system and I am still following it up.
Could you please mention the free accessories you got from dealer.

I missed the december discount, now the discount is only Rs. 20K and also without music system. Dealer is not ready to give anything other than door mats and mud flaps.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Could you please mention the free accessories you got from dealer.

I missed the december discount, now the discount is only Rs. 20K and also without music system. Dealer is not ready to give anything other than door mats and mud flaps.

Ok here we go..

There are two things to look at.
1. Check with the dealer for 2008 model. They will have few cars, since there is a huge discount they might not be willing to sell it, rather they will send it back to FIAT. If you insist on that , there are chances that you can get 37k discount. Here in bangalore the offer is still there in few showrooms. Its purely based on thier stock.

2. If they are giving 20k this month then make sure its 2009 model!There are lot of cars in stock, just tell him that in other showrooms they are offering such thing then the dealer might not want to miss you and he will come in your way. Market is too bad now , its tough for them to get customers ,so the ball is in your court, try and play it to your best to get the maximum.

I got mud flabs, all mats, perfume, cover or sunflim thats all.

all the best,
Good luck!
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:39   #39
BANNED

Sorry guys it's been long since I posted . I"ve covered 3500 kms in around 3 months and am completly satisfied with the car . It's perfect for weekend get aways with a big boot for a hatch and very spacious and comfortable interiors . Will soon post a detailed report and about the auto cop I got it installed at the dealer itself , didn't face any problems there .
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know what was the December offer on the Multijet? I am surprised that you got 37K discount, was it only for petrol and not the Multijet? As far as I know the Multijet base version in december was costing 5 lacs on road after discount.
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Do you know what was the December offer on the Multijet? I am surprised that you got 37K discount, was it only for petrol and not the Multijet? As far as I know the Multijet base version in december was costing 5 lacs on road after discount.
If the Palio MJD SD is costing 5 lac On-Road in Bangalore, then it is not much of a discount!

In Apr '08, the SD was costing Rs 4.8 lakhs on road in Delhi, so in Bangalore, it would have been around Rs 5.0 lakhs even then.

Last edited by architect : 3rd February 2009 at 14:02.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:27   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasist View Post
Sorry guys it's been long since I posted . I"ve covered 3500 kms in around 3 months and am completly satisfied with the car . It's perfect for weekend get aways with a big boot for a hatch and very spacious and comfortable interiors . Will soon post a detailed report and about the auto cop I got it installed at the dealer itself , didn't face any problems there .
Please give a detail view of your experience including problems/upgrades/mileage etc.
Old 5th February 2009, 20:21   #43
BHPian

@architect:
The MJD SD on-road comes to 5.2L or thereabouts in Bangalore.
The December discounts were only 20K for MJDs.
The 1.6 Sport, with the December discounts, was around 4.9L.
Old 5th February 2009, 21:00   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

The MJD SDX costs 5.57 lacs on road without any discounts. But there was some offer for about 20k odd so it would be 5.35 or there abouts.

Blame the high road tax in Bangalore, guess its 14.3%
Old 9th April 2009, 15:00   #45
BHPian

Since this thread is on the 1.1, let me give you my experience on almost having bought one

I'd sold my '96 Maruti 1000 last week and was wanting to pick up a hatch within Rs.4 lacs (On Road, Chennai)

The cars under my wishlist were :

a) Wagon R Vxi - On road after max discounts 3.80 lacs

b) Santro GLS - On road after max discounts 3.75 lacs

c) Getz Prime 1.1 GLE - On road after discounts 3.95 lacs

d) Palio Stile 1.1 SLX - On road after discounts 3.95 lacs

I observe the posts on T-Bhp on a regular basis (although I dont post much) and was quite impressed with ownership comments on the Stile 1.1. I also happened to see Rahul Kool's car (1.6 sport) on track day and the looks simply overpowered me.

So on a hot summer afternoon, I hit a Fiat dealer in Chennai hoping for a test drive of the 1.1. Was made to wait for half an hour as the Sales Exec of the Palio was "on his way to office". Nevertheless, waited patiently till he came in and requested for a TD of the car. "I'm sorry, Sir ! We dont have a 1.1 even on display, let alone a Test Drive" Disappointed, I at least wanted to see the shade cards for the colors of the Palio. "I'm sorry, Sir ! We dont have a shade card but these are the colors available" He then handed me a printed white sheet with the colors specified. I stormed out hoping to have better luck with another dealer.

Dealer No.2 "Sir, we do have a demo car of the 1.1 but its busy ferrying some senior executives of Fiat around town. I could try to organize a TD for you in the next 2 days"

Well, this at least seemed like an option and I agreed. About 10 phone calls and 1 visit to the dealer and 2 days later, I got to TD the 1.1 SLX. Loved it ! Having driven a measely Maruti 1000 for the last 7 years, I found the pick up quite acceptable and quite adequate for city driving. And thats where I got interested in owning a Stile.

Now for the family drama...Everyone in the family were pushing me for a Wagon-R (my in laws own one) but I held my ground for the Stile. I also showed my wife the ownership comments on T-Bhp for the car and a lot of arguments later, it was like 'go ahead & do wat u want'

Contacted the dealer and asked him on the delivery period (assuming it would take about 2 weeks max). "At least 1 1/2 months, Sir ! The factory is filled to capacity in producing the Linea and the Palio is being sold by order only"

Could I get a white shade ? "Oh no, Sir ! The palio is now being produced only in Magnesium Grey and not in any other shade"

That was it...All my dreams of a owning a white Stile with Yoko 195's all just fizzled out. My heart ruled over my mind in deciding on the Palio but my mind was pushed into waking up and facing reality.

I've heard of buying expreriences being great and after sales experiences being a let down. But here I was, being shot down from every angle in the decisioning process itself

Guys, I truly adore the Palio. Its a great car, no doubt. I would've been very happy driving around in one. But it looks like Fiat itself has given up on this car and its only going to be the Linea's and Punto's that might get the company's attention.

Kudos to all you brave hearts out there who own the Palio. I actually envy you guys.

P.S : I would be deciding between the Wagon-R Vxi & the i-10 Era in a day or two. Family is very happy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks