Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 14:08   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTHING View Post
hello any updates on the same ?
Dont worry as my getz rear wheel is also aligned as negative -1,there is nothing to worry about

Linky:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-getz.html

check this you will see the rear wheels of my getz are tilt same like jeddahaboys accord
Old 2nd January 2009, 21:38   #107
BANNED

got new seat covers in suede now. car has done 250kms on the odo and is week old. fuel tank half over and car has run 150kms on half tank. so i guess the mileage is around 10 as of now
Old 3rd January 2009, 00:30   #108
BHPian

beautiful buy! I was always a 'BHP' guy. However, after experiencing the Laura DSG briefly and the Civic AT extensively, all those 'non-essential' features made the drive feel so special every single time! Haven't experienced a sunroof yet, do post on its usefulness in Mumbai.

Sigh, I just can't sit in my rattling Swift Vxi anymore!
Old 3rd January 2009, 01:46   #109
BHPian

beautiful interiors and car mate!!!
love the sunroof and the in-dash stereo . enjoy her and drive safe.
Old 3rd January 2009, 03:32   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
beautiful buy! I was always a 'BHP' guy. However, after experiencing the Laura DSG briefly and the Civic AT extensively, all those 'non-essential' features made the drive feel so special every single time! Haven't experienced a sunroof yet, do post on its usefulness in Mumbai.

Sigh, I just can't sit in my rattling Swift Vxi anymore!
thanks a lot. thats the problem, dispite of all issues i was blindly getting the swift vdi which had nothing for 5.8 laks. my parents just dint seem interested at all. at the hyundai showroom. both were so impressed and a good discount of 50k clicked the deal on spot, and money was paid. maruti needs to pull itself together. they dont offer discounts at all. why the snobbish attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
beautiful interiors and car mate!!!
love the sunroof and the in-dash stereo . enjoy her and drive safe.
thanks a lot mate, love your car as well. neat rims. the stereo does look good surely but i dont like to blast it hard since it sounds rubbish but its ok. the sunroof well some hate it some love it. i wanted one for 15 years so what the heck.
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:59   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, the car looks stunning to say the least and that sunroof is like the icing on a cake!!! Amazing!!

OT: Wondering why the thread-starter was banned??
Also that WILDTHING seems to be replying to most of the posts now, are you the same guy(jesal) ??
Old 3rd January 2009, 23:12   #112

Disappointing Quality

My mother has a new i10 Automatic Transmission, and while it is a great gearbox and a smooth ride, the quality of the interior finish is poor.

For a start, the buttons for the electric windows (front and rear) are cheap plastic and feel cheap too. Then the curved dashboard always reflects into the windscreen, which is very distracting for the driver!

Having said this, the seats are comfortable and the gear change is superb, both changing up and changing down.

Fuel economy is excellent too, but the a/c isn't really up to the job in hot weather.

The main disadvantage of Automatic Transmission is that you can't get your car valet parked! They have never even seen AT and have no idea how it works!

Despite these small complaints, I would certainly recommend the vehicle if you need AT and power steering, which, as an elderly person, my mother can't do without.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:51   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.sw View Post
My mother has a new i10 Automatic Transmission, and while it is a great gearbox and a smooth ride, the quality of the interior finish is poor.

For a start, the buttons for the electric windows (front and rear) are cheap plastic and feel cheap too. Then the curved dashboard always reflects into the windscreen, which is very distracting for the driver!

Having said this, the seats are comfortable and the gear change is superb, both changing up and changing down.

Fuel economy is excellent too, but the a/c isn't really up to the job in hot weather.

The main disadvantage of Automatic Transmission is that you can't get your car valet parked! They have never even seen AT and have no idea how it works!

Despite these small complaints, I would certainly recommend the vehicle if you need AT and power steering, which, as an elderly person, my mother can't do without.
are you kidding in bombay people give keys to their hummers, lambos and what not. here the valets are trained it seems the car is good one of my power windows i feel it going to conk off anytime its just too slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Well, the car looks stunning to say the least and that sunroof is like the icing on a cake!!! Amazing!!

OT: Wondering why the thread-starter was banned??
Also that WILDTHING seems to be replying to most of the posts now, are you the same guy(jesal) ??
thanks for everything. same guy using friends id when he is not online since i am banned for no reason at all.
Old 6th January 2009, 15:41   #114
BANNED

car has done 250 kms till now in total and i feel the rear windows are going to conk off anytime. while closing all 4 windows at same time with engine on the rear left just stops half ways
Old 18th March 2009, 14:00   #115
BANNED

what tyre pressure to keep for the car. the tyre size is 175.70.13. right now i am filling 30psi. though i am not really happy with the mileage of the car. what am i not doing right, not that i have a heavy foot at all. car has run 1800kms as of now.
Old 18th March 2009, 21:00   #116
BHPian

What does hyundai recommended? also let me know what mileage you are getting? I am thinking about exchanging my 2007 Santro for i10 1.2 Auto Magna..

Avenger
Old 18th March 2009, 21:03   #117
oss
BHPian

What's the milege you are getting?
Old 18th March 2009, 22:16   #118
BANNED

well i filled up for 1500 bucks so thats 33 liters. right now its showing half tank and around 125kms done. problem is i have not been driving it my mother has. now i am for this month. around 10 surely but sometimes worse
Old 19th March 2009, 09:27   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
what tyre pressure to keep for the car. the tyre size is 175.70.13. right now i am filling 30psi. though i am not really happy with the mileage of the car. what am i not doing right, not that i have a heavy foot at all. car has run 1800kms as of now.
If you're asking for the tire pressure because you upgraded your tires to wider ones, then sharing my experience might help. My Verna CRDI came with Bridgestone B250 185R14 stock tires. I did the recommended upgrade, to Bridgestone Turanza 195R14 sport. After delivery, I emailed Bridgestone India as well as Hyundai asking them what pressure I must maintain given that I had done this upgrade. Hyundai never replied, but Bridgestone sent me a prompt reply asking me to maintain the same pressure as recommended in the manual.

I did some more reading on this topic at that time. This is what I understood:

Like all parameters in an automobile, the recommended tire pressure is also a compromise formula, an optimized value. If you have high pressure, you will face lesser rolling resistance and consequently that will get you more fuel mileage. However, your ride will not be smooth. Too much pressure can make your tire a stone and can even damage the car due to excessive vibrations. On the other hand, a lower tire pressure will give you a smoother ride, but will increase rolling resistance, thus reducing your fuel mileage. Manufacturers give you a middle value as recommended pressure so that the ride is smooth as well as the mileage is good. Not to mention that too low pressure can affect handling as well as damage the tires.

Also, in general, the wider the tire, more your friction, since friction is proportional to the surface area of contact. So by just upgrading your tires to wider ones, you get better handling, but at the cost of some drop is fuel mileage (not significant if you upgrade within the recommended 10 to 20mm range).

Therefore in your case I guess using the same pressure as what Hyundai has suggested should help.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:00   #120
Senior - BHPian

Jesal,congrats on your A/T machine,looks cool with those alloys and sunroof given you more reasons to have fun in sun-moon times.Keep updating and have a safe ride.

Most Viewed