Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 12:51   #136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Noticed a non critical bug in the Asta AT ECU firmware. The airbag and the seatbelt lights blink and go off last when the car is started. What I noticed is that if you forget to put seatbelt at begining, the seatbelt light does not continue blinking after the self test. If you now put on and remove the seatbelt, the seatbelt light comes on. So at start, it forgets to check the seatbelt switch as part of the self test.
Did anyone else observe this.
the cluster has so many lights that i never bothered. i just wait till all the lights go off and then start it. but yea in mine i forgot there was something for the seatbelt, will check and update. incase its screwed up how does one get it fixed, do i have to change the ecu itself or tinker with it ? my car is due for a service at 10k interval which is a 2nd one ? should i get an oil change done at 5k or drive the whole 10k and then change ?
Old 14th May 2009, 15:36   #137
sdh
BHPian

Well I am not sure, but I plan to bring it to notice of the service guys when I give the car for service in 2 weeks.
Old 14th May 2009, 19:58   #138
BHPian

congrats on the selection 0f i10 automatic. its a boon in traffic.
Old 23rd June 2009, 01:13   #139
BANNED

finally the mileage has gone up. its close to 200 kms with rs. 1000 fuel in it. i10 does not like full tanks so this time i filled it with 1k itself and did 200 kms and reserve is on. dont know how much more i can drive. car has done around 4000 kms as of now. planning to give it for 2nd service at 5k kms. tyre psi at 33.

try it all i10 owners. i have managed to do it, somehow
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:37   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
finally the mileage has gone up. its close to 200 kms with rs. 1000 fuel in it. i10 does not like full tanks so this time i filled it with 1k itself and did 200 kms and reserve is on. dont know how much more i can drive. car has done around 4000 kms as of now. planning to give it for 2nd service at 5k kms. tyre psi at 33.

try it all i10 owners. i have managed to do it, somehow
yea me too , filled the tank with 1000Rs twice since i brought it. Now the odometer shows 520kms driven. but before my first tank already 58 kms were driven. waiting for 1st service. oh one more thing i rarely use AC.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:52   #141
Senior - BHPian

have been hearing really sad mileage figures of i10 AT, as someone said here, Shahrukhs Prof Mr Wilson was correct and Kappa is not all that good in terms of mileage. Scorpio or even Toyota which is bigger car, gives better mileage for bigger engine.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:49   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Shahrukhs Prof Mr Wilson was correct
Maybe Shahrukh should have concentrated some more. Though i saw a slight improvement in mileage 0.25 more, this time i checked it was 7.75kmpl approx.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:45   #143
BANNED

bingo. so it looks like it cannot take full tanks. 3 people confirm the same. when i sold the accent i thought i'd never get a hyundai again not that it gave any problems just that its safer with living with a japanese car in this country. oh well for the price of 6 laks and the feature the i10 came with, especially with no GAY competitors coming out with AT i went for it. i love the car surely just not very happy with the engine bit, not loosing hope though will sort this out surely. i get a lot of stares with this car surely. sunroof used everyday to all those people who said that it gets boring after a while. 6 months down the line it still exites. i want to see the mileage after 5k kms done and 2nd service finished which has an oil change in the process.
Old 30th June 2009, 00:33   #144
BANNED

Quote:
bingo. so it looks like it cannot take full tanks. 3 people confirm the same. when i sold the accent i thought i'd never get a hyundai again not that it gave any problems just that its safer with living with a japanese car in this country. oh well for the price of 6 laks and the feature the i10 came with, especially with no GAY competitors coming out with AT i went for it. i love the car surely just not very happy with the engine bit, not loosing hope though will sort this out surely. i get a lot of stares with this car surely. sunroof used everyday to all those people who said that it gets boring after a while. 6 months down the line it still exites. i want to see the mileage after 5k kms done and 2nd service finished which has an oil change in the process.
Hi Jesal,

I'm just trying to get this right. You seem to be unhappy with your fuel mileage, correct?

1. Did you test your mileage using the full tank to full tank method?
2. What is the usual speed at which you get to drive most of the time? If it is under 60 kmph, then the gearbox does not get to keep you in overdrive (with a light foot, the gearbox shifts to overdrive at approx 60kmph), and you cannot expect much mileage in Indian cities due to the same reason. My wife drives a Santro AT that uses the same gearbox. It returns 9 kmpl inside Bangalore city with AC on.
3. Keep a light foot on the accelarator - that returns maximum fuel economy in an AT.
4. Take your i10 AT for a drive outside the city, where you get to drive above 60 kmph most of the time, and then measure the mileage. You must get at least 2 to 3 kmpl more.

All the best!

Sandeep
Old 30th June 2009, 13:11   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Hi Jesal,

1. Did you test your mileage using the full tank to full tank method?
2. What is the usual speed at which you get to drive most of the time? If it is under 60 kmph, then the gearbox does not get to keep you in overdrive (with a light foot, the gearbox shifts to overdrive at approx 60kmph), and you cannot expect much mileage in Indian cities due to the same reason. My wife drives a Santro AT that uses the same gearbox. It returns 9 kmpl inside Bangalore city with AC on.
3. Keep a light foot on the accelarator - that returns maximum fuel economy in an AT.
4. Take your i10 AT for a drive outside the city, where you get to drive above 60 kmph most of the time, and then measure the mileage. You must get at least 2 to 3 kmpl more.

All the best!

Sandeep
I guess, it has been pointed out by other BHPians here as well on the FE given by i10 AT. Its not even matching Santro AT and thats the base concern.

There have been threads by Tejas, Anil and driving has been very patient in the case of Tejas.

Am glued on this topic here to see how does the car perform after 2000 kms run for fellow BHPians.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:44   #146
BANNED

good news. rs.1000 fuel from indian oil at airport mumbai and 200 kms done, do the MATH. . still the reserve has not started.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:34   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
good news. rs.1000 fuel from indian oil at airport mumbai and 200 kms done, do the MATH. . still the reserve has not started.
err, my math is not so good, however would need to know atleast the price of fuel, would need to do more calculations though. (liters filled would be great !)
Old 1st July 2009, 13:06   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
err, my math is not so good, however would need to know atleast the price of fuel, would need to do more calculations though. (liters filled would be great !)
fuel filled : rs.1000

1 liter : 44.55

kms driven reserve is still not on : 200 kms

i guess thats 22 something liters. earlier full tank of rs. 1600 would only drive max of 250 kms and reserve would be on. so i stopped full tanks and used the 1k method. works well i guess. still not empty so cant say exact mileage.
Old 1st July 2009, 14:47   #149
BHPian

Took the i10 AT on a day trip to places near Kanchipuram (about 75kms from Chennai). 230kms in total was done in just 15 litres !! Didn't use the fulltank method though.

Most of the driving was on state higways with speeds upto 80kmph in O/D. Returning from Kanchipuram on NH4, the AT was very strong in the 80-110kmph range in overdrive, the skinny stock profile tyres held me back from going further!
Old 1st July 2009, 17:12   #150
BHPian

PLease see this link on my i10 Auto mileage driven in Bengaluru.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1363775

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks