Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 08:04   #16
BHPian

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Can't help it Dolphin. Recently, one guy on Bullet bumped into my Sparky and broke the left reflector.

In such b2b traffic, when a vehicle in front of me starts moving, I don't start immediately. I wait for 5-6 secs, allow good gap, and move slowly such that the guy behind me cannot speed up. I don't care even if people start honking. And when they overtake and stare at me while passing, I just give them a good .
That's a good thing to do BomBatt. After this incident I too think this is what should be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Dolphin - I can completely empathize with you. I felt absolutely horrible when some one scratched my car badly whilst I was at work. I did bring it to the notice of the security personnel but he just shrugged that there were many cars parked and it was impossible to keep a tab on all cars.
Yeah, most of them say that when you complain at parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi First of all welcome to white swift club.Congrats!!!

On top of all this ,i gave my car for waxoly treatment on last sunday.i asked that fellow if it can be postponed as it was likely to rain.the guy said nothing will happen to the polish.he asked me not to wash or clean the car for 7 days.so yeaterday i washed it.and there was no sign of polish.

What should i do??
I am sorry but I couldn't control my laughter after reading this.

BTW I am trying to upload the image from yesterday, don't know what the issue is am not able to.

Hey guys, I ordered those IND metal number plates, they cost me 1K. I ordered them at a shop on J.C. Road. He said Rs.1250 then later finalized for 1K. Is this bargain ok?

These number plates go well with the white color.
Old 17th December 2008, 11:06   #17
BHPian

Searched for some threads and posts (here on Team-BHP) having information on the IND embossed number plates and found that the market price is somewhere between Rs.800-1000 (for a pair) for four wheelers.

And the bumper bulge I was talking about, here is the photo. I have polished off the damage to a certain extent. Looking at the bump, am thinking what is the best to do about this?
1) Leave it as it is
2) Paste a sporty sticker on it
3) Get it painted (touchup)
Attached Thumbnails
Sorry, Another Swift Joining in Late-dcm.jpg  

Last edited by Dolphin : 17th December 2008 at 11:21.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:34   #18
BHPian

Long Drive Experience and 1st Free Service

Hi everybody!

Finally got a chance to go on a long drive last weekend. Had been to Mysore in my car and later to Kukke Subramanya, Dharmastala and Horanadu in a different Swift VXi (my friend's car).

Hey friends, I am not doing a review of the car, mentioning the pros and cons. What I have written is solely my opinion about what I felt when I took the car on this drive.

About My Drive to Mysore (I and my friend): This car is fantastic. It really impressed me with its combination of fuel efficiency and power.

Even though there are no changes made to the engine, I really felt as if I was driving a car with a refined engine (compared to older Swifts). This thing just surges ahead effortlessly with just a small push at the accelerator. Everything is so smooth, the steering (effortless and precise), clutch, altogether the ride. The gear shift is smooth and quick with the gear-to-gear distance being very less. I took a few corners at high speeds (around 110-120 KMPH) and the car didn't really budge. It held its ground and I didn't feel any body roll.

With half the front windows down, the sound of the engine and the tyres was very negligible. With windows raised there was almost nothing we could hear.

As you approach Maddur and on the later portion of the road towards Mysore, you come across a lot of unscientifically laid speed-breakers. This was a good stretch to test the brakes (as I approached the speed-breakers).The brake pedal felt appropriately firm, and the brakes were quick to respond when depressed even a little.

I found the driving position comfortable and satisfactory.

We had left Bangalore at around 5.15 PM, and soon it was dark. The headlights were not great. The intensity and the spread was poor. It was really difficult to drive at 90 KMPH or more. I now have changed the bulbs to Philips x-treme power. Have written about them later in this report.

Fuel Efficiency: When I took delivery of the car, the fuel guage showed empty(E). I got the tank filled to the maximum (it took 42 lts). The fuel guage was at empty again and the odo read 680 Km. So the fuel efficiency is 16.19 Km/Lt.

After 3 days stay in Mysore came back to Bangalore. The Odo reading was 1080 Km, so it was time for the First free service.

About the 1st Free Service Experience at Garuda: Called up Garuda and was told to come at 9.30 AM the next day. Went there exactly at 9.30 AM, and as I parked the car I was approached by a service engineer. Spoke to him for a few minutes and all the formalities were done, like inspecting the car, asking for problems, signatures etc. I was given an estimate of Rs.1000 (oil and oil filter change). They told me that I can collect the car at 3 PM.

Exactly at 2.45 PM I got a call from the service engineer saying that the car was ready and I can collect it. Went there at around 4 PM.The car was parked for delivery and it was sparkling. Went to the car and inspected the exteriors and the interiors. The cleaning and the wash job was superb. I was very happy. Then the service engineer and I went for a small test drive and the car felt smoother than ever.

After coming back, I asked him to show me around the service center. He happily showed me around. The service center is big and everything has its own space and is not congested. It was impressive.

Coming back to the billing counter, he told me that the total bill amount was Rs.962. I paid the bill and said goodbye and came out of the service center a happy customer.

Here are the bill details-

Gasket - Rs.2.63
Oil Filter - Rs.66.09
Screen Wash Concentrate - Rs.11.84
Engine Oil - Rs.774.41 (3.3 lts)

Total - Rs.962

Then I went to Konark Car Accessories in Jayanagar (East End Main Road). Enquired about the Philips X-treme bulbs. He had no idea and called up someone and maybe the person at the other end told him that they were available. He ordered for 5 sets. He then told me that I can get them after 2 hrs, he has just ordered them. I knew from another thread here on Team-BHP that the bulbs were readily available at A.K.Traders, 3rd Cross, J.C.Road. So I went there. Got the bulbs for Rs.775 with bill. I thought someone had mentioned in the other thread that they cost him Rs.900 at the same trader. hmmm .

About Philips X-treme:
I had them installed at Garuda on Lalbagh road and proceeded towards Mysore road with a friend to test them. I found that the illumination had increased about 50-60% against 80% mentioned on the box of the bulbs.

The spread was also good and the distance traveled by the light was impressive. I got down from the car and told my friend to take a U-turn and approach me from the front so that I can see the power and brightness of these lights. As he approached me from about 150 Mts away, they looked very white and I could not make out the headlight frame or the car because of the brightness of the beams.

Moving on, later I could easily drive at speeds more than 100 KMPH comfortably without fear. I am not saying that these bulbs are the extreme but they are far more better than stock 55/60W bulbs.

Now coming back to the feel of the car after the first service, I can say that I felt great driving it. I went upto Ramnagar (about 45kms from Bangalore) and came back. It was smoother than ever and it performed so well and was very agile. I ripped it a lot. I really didn't care that it has just run around 1100 Kms.

I can say that I am happy with the car and I made the right decision. It's a fun-to-drive car with good VFM.

If I have missed out on anything you want to know or if you have a doubt please ask me.

I will upload some photos taken on the way to Mysore and at Chamundi HIlls in Mysore later in the day or on Monday.

Last edited by Dolphin : 26th December 2008 at 12:43.
Old 26th December 2008, 13:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Looks like one more satisfied Swift customer.
But one question " does your car rattle ? ". I am really surprised at the rattles.
The FE you are getting is good. Expect it to improve a bit after around 2K kms.

What did the new headlamps cost you ?
Old 26th December 2008, 15:50   #20
BHPian

@aaggoswami - I am so satisfied with the car that according to me there are no issues/cons with the car.

There are absolutely no rattles whatsoever.

I paid Rs.775 for the headlamps (55/60W) (with bill).

Here are some photos I took on the way to Mysore and on Chamundi Hills in Mysore.
Attached Thumbnails
Sorry, Another Swift Joining in Late-swmy2.jpg  

Sorry, Another Swift Joining in Late-swmy4.jpg  

Sorry, Another Swift Joining in Late-swmy5.jpg  

Sorry, Another Swift Joining in Late-swmy6.jpg  

Sorry, Another Swift Joining in Late-swmy7.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks