Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 11:45   #31
BHPian

No replies?

May be you peeps did not like my pictures ?
Iam still waiting to find out how do i find out the date of manufacture ?
Old 13th January 2009, 13:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Porus, congratulations on a wonderful purchase. I quite enjoyed reading your experience. I agree seeing your new car in someone elses hands is quite a damper and its good that you raised this point with MSIL.

Nice pics, the car looks cute (sorry man, i know you like to call it the beast but I find it pretty, cute and cuddly ) . Cant help you with the mfg date as I havent driven the Estilo ever.
And thats some boot space man. Awesome for a car that looks so compact. NIce seat covers too. Were they standard with the sports package or did u get them fitted later?

Wish you a great time with the Estilo.
Cheers !!

Last edited by sammyboy : 13th January 2009 at 13:42.
Old 13th January 2009, 16:05   #33
BHPian

Thank you,

The manufacturing date is a mystery to me. I am sure some day someone would disclose how i can find the same. The truth is out there.

The damper i am treating it as out of sight is out of mind.But yes it was painful.
Howeverall said and done, the "beast" does look cute i agree but it is still a beast.

Yes the boot space is awesome/ huge. And it does not eat into the back rear leg rooom which too is nice. One of the main comfort factor.

The beige seat covers is the only extra that i fit later. The sports estillo has black seats. The cost was approx Rs:3250/- for these seat covers. Fitting charges paid extra. My plan was to change the look initially may be few months or so. The next seat cover color would be black and red, but that is only an idea for later.

Servicing update :- The car is given for 1st service ( 2 days before the first month - 710 kms ) would collect it this evening. Requested engine oil to be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Porus, congratulations on a wonderful purchase. I quite enjoyed reading your experience. I agree seeing your new car in someone elses hands is quite a damper and its good that you raised this point with MSIL.

Nice pics, the car looks cute (sorry man, i know you like to call it the beast but I find it pretty, cute and cuddly ) . Cant help you with the mfg date as I havent driven the Estilo ever.
And thats some boot space man. Awesome for a car that looks so compact. NIce seat covers too. Were they standard with the sports package or did u get them fitted later?

Wish you a great time with the Estilo.
Cheers !!
Old 28th February 2009, 16:10   #34
BHPian

Fuel Efficiency Update of my Zen Estillo Sports

Dear All,

I am back to continue where i left off. I had said time and time again i would update this thread of my new Zen Estillo Sports.

So here i am reporting the fuel efficiency ( the road trip to gujarat as stated by me in January 2009 was undertaken in February 2009).

Better Late than never. So this is what it looked like at the petrol pump back in Mumbai just before refuelling it back to full.

519.3 Kms in 32.5 litres , That is 15.9 kms per litre on highway driving.

Maruti Zen Estillo LXI Sports-27022009004.jpg
Old 28th February 2009, 16:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

its a feat to have a brand new car give such good mileage. the mileage will improve even further after the engine has been run in well. great driving porus! cheers!
Old 28th February 2009, 16:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porus View Post
Thank you,

The manufacturing date is a mystery to me. I am sure some day someone would disclose how i can find the same. The truth is out there.
Give me the chassis number, i will tell you the manufacturing date.
Old 28th February 2009, 16:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

15.9kmpl - ouch, that hurts, Porus!

Too much of a spirited driving or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
its a feat to have a brand new car give such good mileage. the mileage will improve even further after the engine has been run in well. great driving porus! cheers!
???

Last edited by HappyWheels : 28th February 2009 at 16:45.
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post

Dear Frankmehta,

Thank You , its encouraging to know im doing my part to ensure proper engine run in ( i know it took a lot of mental courage to ensure not going over 60 in the initial days.

Currently totally it has run a good over 2000 kms.

Im glad to know that mileage would improve even further than this.

Thank You for your wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGON_R View Post
Give me the chassis number, i will tell you the manufacturing date.

Dear Wagon,

I would also be glad if you could disclose the SECRET of finding this out. It woul also help others like me to find out their manufacturing date.

Feed a man a fish , he will not be hungry for a day, Teach him how to fish , he will never go hungry ever again.

Thank you, will try to open the bonnet and check the same shortly.

But teach us all to fish ok ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
15.9kmpl - ouch, that hurts, Porus!

Too much of a spirited driving or what?

???

Dear Happywheels,

You caught me, a little spirited driving i would say. I ensure you the speed was decently fair.

Old 3rd March 2009, 12:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

i likes the way you puts Dear before everyone's names. cheers :-)
Old 13th March 2009, 19:00   #40
BHPian

Standard Fog Lights on Zen Estillo Sports

This is my opinion about the standard fog lights that come equipped with the Maruti Zen Estillo, ( other companies would provide the same fog lights also).First rant/complaint the light is deficient. You think so ? read more ...

Usually we people do not understand why these fog lights are so dim/dull/not enough on road light throw etc and the usual set of lighting issues are put forth and most people get them changed with a new beter set of bulbs exotics as well as price permitting range along with a assortment of different colors white to blue to yellow etc etc. I too was included in this thought as discussed before.

This is what i found out on my night highway driving. Frequent night time highway drivers can check this out themselves although i do not ask you to do so.

At a higher speed I usually use the headlights with a down throw( if its an empty stretch road then combined with high beam ) You will find the light is thrown far in front and the immediate near of the vehicle is poorly lighted or dim. This is primary reason why we need more lighting and seek to change our fog/egg lights.

AT THIS TIME, start the so called factory fitted fog lights and LO BEHOLD you would find that deficiency void of light is properly met with . High or low speeds do not matter.

But at high speeds this is fantastic lighting and i did not find any deficiency in lighting which was the case and my thought of changing bulbs prior.
The low beam ( with or without adjustment meets the front throw of lighting and the standrad fog lights provide lighting in front of the bonnet and around the immediate front bumpers.

Experience it yourself in your new car with standard lighting and standard fog lights.

I, having experienced this would not suggest any change from factory fitted lights and to maruti once again for the supplied standard fog lights.

I invite your thoughts to this, I could be wrong but this is my finding andmay be it would be helpful to other new car buyers as well.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:31   #41
BHPian

The Silence shattered

Last posting 13th March 09 Today :25th August 09

I had to break my silence and post "instructions on how to fill fuel in your car" in this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1449223

Coming to the Zen Estillo "beauty" she has undergone 2nd and 3rd service as well.
Both executed fine. I been driving the beauty and mileage differs to extremely fantastic ( with a/c) to moderate ( with a/c) in traffic

Over all mileage rates as "excellent"

Silence also got shattered reading the "New Estillo Zen" with 3 cyclinder engine and im happy i have a 4 cyclinder powerful engine and a better than currently available so called new model variant.

Three Cheers to Maruti Zen Estillo !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks