Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 18:37   #1
BHPian

Maruti Zen Estillo LXI Sports

Dear All,

This is my 2nd posting , let the sage begin,

So after 15 years of driving my faithful legendary maruti 1000 (circa 1991)
Today i exchanged the same with Vitesse at Worli, Got standard prescribed ( literally) discount and booked my Maruti Zen Estillo LXI Sports.
Why Zen LXI? Because im 5.9" and my budget was small /short but my feet are long.
I loved the test drive and the length of the car fits my size and family behind and side as well . The sports package thrown in by them was tempting too.

The car delivery is going to be within 3 days and i sit here in gleam remembering the 15 years of my 1000 driving,

Request to the admin, I lay my hands on my "beast" after 3 days, the reviews and comments will be followed here in the same post.cheers:
Old 12th December 2008, 19:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

@Porus
Congrats on your new buy.
I am also curious about your ownership experience of your 1000, as 15 years is a pretty long period. Is there already a thread on that?
Old 13th December 2008, 07:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! post some tell us about the deal you got/freebies

one request - why dont you tell us your experience with M1000?
(you may open a new thread). 15+ years of ownership!!! that is awesome

what was the odometer reading when you sold it?

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th December 2008 at 07:07.
Old 13th December 2008, 07:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porus View Post
and booked my Maruti Zen Estillo LXI Sports.
Sports is a limited edition? What are the features?
Old 13th December 2008, 08:18   #5
@ri
BHPian

Congrats on your acquizition!
But Zen Estillo Sports would it hold up to high speeds as the erstwhile old Zen to justify a sports version?
Old 13th December 2008, 09:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.

So, what all features does the sport have?

And +1 for the request to start a long term ownership thread for your M1000.
Old 13th December 2008, 10:12   #7
BHPian

congratulations on your new zen estillo. but why estillo. any particular reason?
Old 13th December 2008, 14:26   #8
BHPian

Dear All,

Thank You for the very warm welcome response.
( Thats fast, last evening I posted here and now today 6 replies )

Ok lets continue the saga :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
@Porus
Congrats on your new buy.
I am also curious about your ownership experience of your 1000, as 15 years is a pretty long period. Is there already a thread on that?
Thank You but regretfully not yet but i would shortly post a thread seperately on my 15 years of Maruti 1000 driving ( what a ride in that car * tears i my eyes now * Look forward to putting it here shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats! post some tell us about the deal you got/freebies

Thanks, Ummm Freebies ?( its a mind concept, they charge you for it some way or the other) so i would say not quite, BUT I did get a deal that I wanted. ( money wise )

one request - why dont you tell us your experience with M1000?
(you may open a new thread). 15+ years of ownership!!! that is awesome
Thanks I will be putting a new thread for 15 + years of experience as it is requested here by others as well.

what was the odometer reading when you sold it?
Odomoter showed 85000+ kms But I'd say the "beast " was driven by me for 4,00,000+ kms ( simply because i saw the odometer go from 00000 to 99999 four times ( memory fails me here but 4 times i am dead sure )
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats!
Sports is a limited edition? What are the features?
Thank You ! Yes sports is a limited edition Basically it is a ZEN ESTILLO LXI with 20 small freebies/addon's from the company side to make it more of a short sweet deal. The features you can look it up on the maruti udyog website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Congrats on your acquizition!
But Zen Estillo Sports would it hold up to high speeds as the erstwhile old Zen to justify a sports version?
Thank You, The sports word would not imply to me that i need to do a 120kms ( Illegal speed ???) but rather a sporty LOOK visually. The Zen test drive at 90 kms - 100 kms was good, but I would not suggest any one else do that. Despite the speeds the body holds up rather good. When anything on this front happens worth posting, it will be put up here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats on the buy.

So, what all features does the sport have?

And +1 for the request to start a long term ownership thread for your M1000.
Thank You for the wishes and the 1+ as well. Like i mentioned above, all can check the features at the company website Maruti Suzuki company manufactures the best selling cars in India
The Maruti 1000 / 4,00,000 kms thread would bshortly put up ( lazy me, but the mention of my old car involves a lot of tears soaking up my shirt ).Look out for it here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congratulations on your new zen estillo. but why estillo. any particular reason?
Thank you, Zen Estillo fitted my budget nicely. The power is same as my old maruti 1000. I am 5.9" so the Alto /A-Star didnt fit me in properly if not at the front then at the back seat as well. The seating bench space is perfect for me both in front and back with the good boot space. The body asthetics may be a put off for some at first glance, but i assure you there is ample space for tall and plump ( hehehehe/ read as fat )folks like me, i was at ease while test driving it, in front and the back seat as well.

The finance part needs a lot of haggling. The guys do not run the same speed as me but then tey eventually caught up with me. Vitesse over all services and the deal process part, I feel would warrant a seperate thread - once i get my "beast" in my hands.

So thank you all for the warm wishes and of course keep those queries coming in.

Expected delivery of my new beauty / beast is " Tuesday ". The master awaits.
Old 16th December 2008, 04:03   #9
BHPian

people have been so used to the wagon r, that zen estillo makes them feel akward. i personally feel its more aerodynamic and curvy than wagon r. in short its mostly about personal choice at the end of the day. thats why i asked you why did you buy the estillo. its mostly a personal choice and comfortablilty factor.

do post some pics when u get a chance. congratulations again bro!
Old 16th December 2008, 10:49   #10
BHPian

Thank You All for the wishes and brotherly love.

Ok* Deep breath* Inhale - Exhale - 3 times .

THE BEAST HAS ARRIVED ! I took delivery of my Red Zen Estillo Lxi yesterday. Obviously as mentioned before , the entire process of dealing with Vitesse warrants a new thread where i am going to rant about how they screwed up my little moment of joy.

Imagine this, I walk towards Vitesse showroom to take delivery of the car along with my fiance and she finds there is only one red zen estillo, awaiting delivery ( confirmed by me to the men outside servicing the car )and the car has a passenger who is "Test -Driving the car ". !

My car - not taken delivery as yet, being in use as test drive with someone else seated at the back seat and ranting about the short comings of "my" car.
Obviously they do not understand I wanted to perform a holy pooja before I or my family sits into it but i find that sentiment holds no value at the showroom as someone else is enjoying my car before my eyes and i am not aware of it. With whose permission ? are they going to pay me " rent " to use my car without my permission. ?

My fiancee's mood went for a toss/she fumed angrily at me saying she thought we would be the first and one customers for that car especially when we are there to take delivery of it. I am sure The Vitesse and Maruti company care a damn for such issues as it is india. - If any senior management of vitesse maruti wants to learn a lesson in customer satisfaction ( you guys are far away from customer delight which is a different cnocept in case you didnt know this already ) I would be happy to extend my courtesy to them and explain why one customer made sd ( me and my fiance) could in turn mean a loss of many other "guaranteed leads" which are as good as future sales.

The car holds good fantastic product , but of course bad hopeless service.

More on this as soon as the car gets some mileage driven by me
Thank you all , keep a look out here

Test drive report
Old 16th December 2008, 15:54   #11
BHPian

Short Review

Road handling :- Perfect for a 1000+ cc power compared to size

Inside space:- Rode 40 kms wih 5 people,on first ride.

Perfect front space, if the front seats are kept to the minimum ( good enough for me, a 5.9" height person) then people at back would have no complaints.

A/C :- Good , may be its new but it was in switched on 2 - out of 4 settings and very decent cooling, of course i had the sun film done ( garware , RTO and maruti approved) plus it was evening time. This morning and noon a/c was good at one setting. Nice.

The garware film work needs to be redone on front door.

Boot Space :- fantastic,height and width both wise but no lights at back nor roof lights. ( need some suggestion on this one soon)SWEET !

Engine :- bonnet space is cramped up, but i hope it does what it stands for Zero Engine Noise ( Z E N ) , till now yes it is smooth.

The mileage till date is 150+kms ( i drove 100 kms from last evening ) and it holds promise , a fantastic fine tuned engine and a matching beautiful car. Looks wise it is bigger inside than it looks smaller from outside, dont askme but i feel the outside looks are just an illusion to hide the new wide space inside cabin . The beast is unleashed. The mileage is under observation
full tank till empty. More on this later.

If anyone desires to buy a new Maruti Zen Estillo, i'd give the car hands down a 8 out of 10. everything that a small famly would want in a car is present and more reviews coming soon. Moneywise i say again Maruti makes the best value for money. Zen estillo a very good value for money,
Old 17th December 2008, 14:31   #12
@ri
BHPian

Porus..some insight into the subtle changes that exist in the Sport variant will help. any changes on the engine front?
Old 17th December 2008, 17:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Porus..some insight into the subtle changes that exist in the Sport variant will help. any changes on the engine front?
Dear RI,

NO there are no engine changes, same as LXI , the difference between LXI and Sports is some "cosmetic changes and a nice kenwood audio package deal" ( the dual din is nice ) BUT to feel the true essence of a Zen Estillo Sports i would prefer you to try a peppy test drive at a maruti showroom.

I say this car /My beast is an illusion, outside it looks small, inside it IS spacious.

But then thats only my $0.02 and i put my money where my mouth is and bought the Zen Estillo Sports. Im happy with it.
Old 17th December 2008, 19:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Porus,

Congrats on getting hold of your ride!

And where are the photos - please do post them soon.
Old 17th December 2008, 20:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Porus on your new buy.
unfortunately the Estilo seems to draw a lot of flak for no fault from its side - ( being called the ZEN estilo ) - but while at that - lets not over do the glorification of the OLD ZEN also

I have been on the passenger seat of the Estilo quite often ( in my colleague's car ) the interiors are really good ( the dash wears a very pleasant look and feel - not seen in some more expensive cars )

I hope u gave a piece of your mind to the showroon ppl for letting someone else check out your car ! !

Most Viewed