Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 21:51   #1
BHPian

Another Swift Lxi enters,Thanks guys for ur help

Hey Friends,
I've booked Swift LXi - Solid bright Red @ Chennai. Thanks to everyone for their help in choosing the car.
OTR - 4,51,466/- and Disc - 28K Cash from the OTR price
Expecting delivery on Thursday as loan is yet to sanction from Bank of Baroda.
Now searching the threads to get insights about accesr's
Planning to install Xenos Powerwindow (Front) - 6300/-, Xenos (200) RL - 4300/-, Seat cover - Still confused about PU & Art leather
Sunfilm 3m - one guy quoted 1800/- and car sales guy ready to give garware in good deal
HU not yet decided
I will keep you updated
Old 14th December 2008, 08:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

28K discount on Swift! I am rather surprised. I knew that petrol swift had discount running, but never knew it had so much discount.
Do post the pictures.
Did the dealer offer any freebies ?

Last but not the least, Congratulations!
Old 14th December 2008, 10:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on joining the Suzie club

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
28K discount on Swift!
Besides the hit that the automotive industry has taken recently, its also the year end so there will be lots of 'offers' running.
Old 14th December 2008, 10:04   #4
BHPian

Thanks aaggoswami,
Initially they offered me 7.5K only discount. It took almost 20 days hard negotiations to get it increased as 28K.
Reg. freebies, offering basic things like flaps,mat set,protective side body and bumper moulding.
Also he put forth another suggestion like 18K cash+ 10K worth accesr's like Pioneer HU withUSB & 2 speakr's(6"),Garware Sun film(RTO standards),XenosRL( basic ), wheel cap as in VXI, Steering cover & MGA fabric seat cover.
I will post the model number of HU & Xenos RL later.
Old 14th December 2008, 16:44   #5
BHPian

Thank you guys.
As mentioned by fellow BHP'ians I just checked the car thoroughly before full payment which will be on tomorrow or tuesday.
I noticed some 'uneven' painting on the running boards , Felt like they painted over some paper/sticker. But it was not feeling like air bubbles.
Since its Sunday I coud not clarify this with tech guy @ dealers place. May be tomorrow i will check with him and update.
Everything else seems fine.
going to say goodbye to my Zen LX , The real Kewl car

See the thread discussed same issue...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-vdi.html

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th December 2008 at 21:01. Reason: back to back post
Old 14th December 2008, 20:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
Planning to install Xenos Powerwindow (Front) - 6300/-, Xenos (200) RL - 4300/-, Seat cover - Still confused about PU & Art leather
Sunfilm 3m - one guy quoted 1800/- and car sales guy ready to give garware in good deal...
Doesn't LXi already have power windows in the front? For sunfilm, both 3M and Garware are good. As far as sear covers are concerned, personally, I think you should let the seats remain stock. After about a year of use, or earlier depending on how they fare, you can put on seat covers.

When you do get the car, do post pics and detailed buying process and initial review. Good luck!
Old 15th December 2008, 12:56   #7
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy.

About the discount, it really is surprising that you got such a hefty discount. When I bought my Swift VXi on Dec.1/2/3., not even a single Rupee discount was offered. I enquired at almost 4 dealers. It was the same everywhere. 5K worth accessories and thats it.

I understand that I bought the car prior to the excise duty cut announced by the government. But still I read in another thread that the petrol Swift had a minor discount running on it even before the excise cut.

How can this differ from city to city?

Last edited by Dolphin : 15th December 2008 at 12:57.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:52   #8
BHPian

Congrats JVILLE on ur Swift LXi!!! i too am buying one in another week or so (the thrill of anticipation is just unnerving!! )

@dolphin theres a lot of difference between cities... In the first week of december, the Swift retailed at an ex-showroom price of Rs 4.22 lacs in CHANDIGARH and just Rs 3.95 lacs in DELHI!!!
an easy saving of 20grand!!

Most Viewed