Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 13:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

You definitely need a recheck with not Autocut method. Instead Tank full to Tank full till the brim.
Try another Mum - Pune drive at similar speeds.

Abhi
Old 15th December 2008, 13:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Its fantastic if its true....i think its very possible though.

Jasheer waiting for you to confirm.

I rem my 1.3 OHC was giving a mailge of 19-21 on hiway...
Old 15th December 2008, 13:58   #18
BHPian

As I said it was tank full to tank full till the brim both times. I dont know why is it so unbelievable because I have a friend who has a RS and it got him a mileage of 20 kmpl on cruise control at 100kmph. Mumbai - Pune.

I know its no fun enjoying the RS that way but I guess he did it to check the mileage
Old 15th December 2008, 14:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is amazing figure , I do not want to cast doubts but I think you need to retest by filling tank to brim and watching it with eyes. The figure may be misleading due to combination of below 2 factors.

(1) Autocut is not reliable , For my safari on some pumps autocut just got invoked after filling about 7.5 liters I asked to fill till the brim and got another 30 /40 liters.

(2) Fuel gauge in cars is not linear initialy it moves slow but thereafter moves rapidly.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

LOL. The number of amusing threads being started on TBHP have increased a lot lately.

Good fun.

30KMPL on highway means in city it should give roughly 20 kmpl. If this is really true, then people at Skoda are definitely sleeping, because they have not marketed the biggest USP for indian car market.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thats good fuel economy but appears not right one.

Its something to do with airpockets in fuel tank. What you do is after you top up drive the car for 2km and come back to same Bunk and fill again, all air pockets will settle down and more fuel goes in, Do the samething for 3 times then you will see actual fuel economy. If you do this another 4-5ltr Petrol would go inside.

Lets not conclude FE for one time it should be checked at least 4 times and take average.

But I am sure this Fabia gave at least 20kmpl.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Once i had driven 450 km + on my Swift and when i asked to do a full tank, there was auto cut off at somewhere close to 8-9 ltrs.. Since i was sure that the car would take more than that, i asked him to check again and the guy told that sometimes it will happen due to Air trying to escape from your fuel tank..

But 30 kmpl is mouth watering..i hope its really so high and keep your friend happy during the time of recession
Old 15th December 2008, 14:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Thats good fuel economy but appears not right one.
Its something to do with airpockets in fuel tank.
Lets not conclude FE for one time it should be checked at least 4 times and take average.
Ravi.
One can also shake the car a bit, in fact rock in on its suspension and then fill. you will be surprised at the amont of fuel that goes in continue till you see the fuel in the tank filler neck. And this is one of the most accurate methods. Full to full tank.
Would like to see the FE using this method.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I think 30kmpl is achievable in a Fabia. My friend has one and is getting 20kmpl in Mumbai city, offcourse not Spirited driving.
I myself have achieved a 15kmpl in my E280CDI [3.0 litre turbo]on the Mumbai-Lonavala route on easy runs many times. Whenever I limit myself to max 120/130kmph on the expressway I achieve this figure
Skoda's are known for their FE. So anywhere between 25 and 30 kmpl is very achievable dependant on driving style and other favorable factors.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:37   #25
BHPian

30km/l?????????????

dear friend, fabia petrol got only 1.2 and 1.4 version. The mileage of 30 in petrol is impossible. but with diesel engine this may be possible with really cautious textbook style driving. The maximum fabias petrol engine can give you is around 18km/l in highways. anyway, if this report is correct, then i would love to trade my fabia 1.2 with your friends car
Old 15th December 2008, 15:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
dear friend, fabia petrol got only 1.2 and 1.4 version. The mileage of 30 in petrol is impossible. but with diesel engine this may be possible with really cautious textbook style driving. The maximum fabias petrol engine can give you is around 18km/l in highways. anyway, if this report is correct, then i would love to trade my fabia 1.2 with your friends car
yes its a 1.2 . sorry for that info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Its fantastic if its true....i think its very possible though.

Jasheer waiting for you to confirm.

I rem my 1.3 OHC was giving a mailge of 19-21 on hiway...
yes it is true. we filled fuel a tank full to tank full till the brim both times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
One can also shake the car a bit, in fact rock in on its suspension and then fill. you will be surprised at the amont of fuel that goes in continue till you see the fuel in the tank filler neck. And this is one of the most accurate methods. Full to full tank.
Would like to see the FE using this method.
the fuel was tankful to tankful both times

Last edited by Zappo : 15th December 2008 at 19:05. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:33   #27
BHPian

were u runnnig on stock tyres?
Old 15th December 2008, 19:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys why wasting your time enquiring on something you know just CANT be true? Well I guess I am guilty of same as well. Coming to the point, if you really want to be sure, ask your freind to try again. If he still gets 30kmpl than its time to contact Limca, Fanta or Banta (kancha soda) book of records.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:31   #29
BHPian

During my trip of Delhi - Agra - Delhi, I managed to get the milaege of 21 km/l on diesel. Getting the milaege of 30 seems unlikely. There is surely something messed up out here.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

I think there is some miscalculation.

Some other Fabia owners can confirm,otherwise,what else can i say ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks